Character
    Tweaker
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Accidentally Dropped My Conquerer.....

Hello. I accidentally dropped my Conquerer ilv119 Rank 10... I made this mistake because i took it out of my wardrobe to trade more dieterus to it to rank it up, and then i was tossing away useless nyzul weapons and dropped it by accident. I have made 3 GM calls, dealt with e-mail support, phone support (who said they can only help with login problems). None of the above seem to want to help me. I have been playing since 2009, met my wife in game. Why can a support personel be it GM or otherwise NOT:

1. Restore my Item.
    2. Restore a character backup
    3. Give me back even the lv. 75 Verions
    4. Just give me a Bonanza coupon so i can get my Conq. Back.

I find it rediculous that i spent 10 years trying to make mythic for Warrior, and i made a mistake one time and support refuses to help me. If they loose our two accounts, that's aproxamately 600$ a year they will loose as a company just by refusing to help a long time player and loyal customer. I do not see this as being fair at all that no one will help.

Please, anyone with any ideas, or if any support personelle reads this, please help me out!!

Occured June 5, around 6PM EST
    Tweaker
    Bahamut Server

(Proof i had the weapon, if not in log, resides in my Warrior Macros and Gearsets)
    (3)

Character
    Haldarn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I dropped something much less important once and called a GM about it. They told me I had one item restore and asked if I was sure. I said yes and they took me to Mordion Gaol and duped it for me there and then.

So unless you've already used your one item restore, I don't see why at the very least they can't give you back the base 119 version.
    (0)
    It all began with a stone...

Character
    Tweaker
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    As far as I know, I have not, and they never mentioned it. Simply said we are unable to get it back. 3 different GM's
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Put important gear in your wardrobes so it's literally impossible to drop them.

And explicitly mention you wish to use your one time item restore when you go to the help desk. if the GM doesn't help and you really, legitimately just dropped it, ask for escalation in a followup call.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 06-16-2021 at 01:53 AM.

Character
    Tweaker
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Put important gear in your wardrobes so it's literally impossible to drop them.

And explicitly mention you wish to use your one time item restore when you go to the help desk. if the GM doesn't help and you really, legitimately just dropped it, ask for escalation in a followup call.
    Yeah i always do. I had taken it out to trade more deiterus in on it and was dropping nyzul weapons when i screwed up. Never again, if I do get it back. I did get an email today aboyt a data recovery but the form to fill out looked very much like something to be filled out if you were hacked. Also required a picture of my drivers liscence and a password change. Will see what happens.
    (0)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I was in a similar situation. Please insist to the GM, that if they can only get you a 75 or 90 Conqueror, that it is still OK for you. They can only restore a specific set of dropped R/EX items and within 2 weeks of dropping it. Ask to talk to an SGM too if you have to.
    (2)

I dropped a Mandau in the past, 119. They were not able to return the 119 Mandau to me, but I negotiated with the GM and they escalated the case to a 'senior GM' and they restored a lvl 75 Mandau to me. If the GM gives you the reason that they can't restore it because it's augmented, ask if you can get the base item back instead. Better than nothing.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Manque View Post
    I dropped a Mandau in the past, 119. They were not able to return the 119 Mandau to me, but I negotiated with the GM and they escalated the case to a 'senior GM' and they restored a lvl 75 Mandau to me. If the GM gives you the reason that they can't restore it because it's augmented, ask if you can get the base item back instead. Better than nothing.
    If they're going to give you that bad of a deal they should at least refund you the currency (i.e. rocks) needed to upgrade it. Unless you have a full wallet of gil that takes longer than everything before it.
    (1)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    If they're going to give you that bad of a deal they should at least refund you the currency (i.e. rocks) needed to upgrade it. Unless you have a full wallet of gil that takes longer than everything before it.
    While I agree with your refund idea in theory, the reality is that there is probably a software tool that exists for SE employees to execute and specify a character ID, which in turn lets that person select from a list of items to restore. My guess, total educated guess here, is that this tool hasn't been updated in 15 years and is error-prone OR has a hardcoded list of items to restore, which no one bothered to updated in a very long time.

Worse, if such a tool doesn't exist, than someone has to run a query directly on a database to restore your character's item and I sincerely hope that's not the case, but these are some possilble, plausible, technical reasons for why SE has such stringent policy on restoring items. It's super unfortunate, because if SE would open-source some of these components, they would get the attention they deserve from dedicated fans.

It were up to me, or if I were to design it, your base REMAs would be "backed-up" to a REMA key-item at the each NPC: Switchstix, Magian Moogle, Abquhbah, etc. The text of the key item contains a list of your completed base weapons. If something is missing from your inventory when you speak to the NPC, you get an option like "...I lost something very special." ...and the NPC replies with: "...Was it this?" and you automatically /emote /confused in response.

Simple. Effective. Done. However, the reality is that TODAY, such a task would take away from already scarce development resources and such a feature would mean that the already light, modest, road-map, would be stretched even further.

Sad, but true.

P.S. I hope when SE re-adjusts monster-levels in older areas that they also reduce the respawn timers for some mobs. 6-10 minute waits can be rough.
    (1)
    Last edited by Gwydion; 06-20-2021 at 02:41 PM.