Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

June 2021 FINAL FANTASY XI Digest

The latest FINAL FANTASY XI Digest is now available! The digest covers key features from the most recent version update. Check out the video, try the version update, and leave a feedback based on your experience of playing the new content.

• Please reply to this thread to leave your feedback.
    • Please only post feedback pertaining to the version update and digest video in this thread.
    • To better collect your feedback, we ask that you post one specific feedback per reply (of course you are allowed to post several replies!)
    • Before posting your feedback, check the thread to see if similar feedback was already mentioned and hit the “Like!” button instead of re-posting the same feedback.
    (4)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I'm not happy with the 1200 JP Gift for Paladin, especially when compared to other jobs, or even what Paladin had previously.

Why not improve Reprisal's Enmity gain or reduce it's recast? Or give Paladin a new hate spell. (I don't understand why RDM, BLM, SCH get brand new spells with incredible powers, but Paladin get's it's base CURE amount increased by 50 points?

I'd rather have coal as my 1200 JP gift for Paladin. :/
    (4)

Character
    Primitive
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99

not a big fan of v1

not a big fan of v1 and no bonuses on v2. i liked last month better tbh. does this mean that caedarva etc have higher level mobs now? 10 urganites what the heck!!!! for ki~~~!!!
    (1)
    Last edited by Cyriack; 06-10-2021 at 05:33 PM.

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyriack View Post
    not a big fan of v1 and no bonuses on v2. i liked last month better tbh. does this mean that caedarva etc have higher level mobs now? 10 urganites what the heck!!!! for ki~~~!!!

To answer your higher level mobs question, the only high level mobs added in this update were only new mission NMs and new NMs added for the new RoE objectives unlocked by talking to the new NPC Ejilah in upper jeuno homepoint exit after clearing this months new VR missions. I was under the impression when higher level mobs being mentioned meaning possible new CP camps. But I think that'd require more time to add newer mobs and remove older mobs in some spots in some zones.
    (3)

Character
    Haldarn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Continuing to enjoy The Voracious Resurgence missions!
    (2)
    It all began with a stone...

Character
    Coffeegood
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Things we would like to see done

Here is a list of goals that I think players need to continue to be engaged in this game.
    • Campaign 119 revitalization in new (S) Zones
    • Campaign Weaponskills unlockable via quest or Weaponskill trials.
    • Certain Moghouse furnishings turn into key items once placed inside taking 0 room
    • Inventory Expansions(Wardrobes, Moghouse, Sack/satchel/ or new introduction to case 2/3/4 etc.
    • LESS time locked content and more OPEN WORLD Notorious Monsters (This will bring back the feel of real achievement having worked hard and long to get an item unlike new un-creative content like flux BCNM's in recycled zones.)
    • Harder zones, hire map making dev's. Need more to do in game. We hit a wall with content and getting tired of half-hearted flux content in old zones.

I would appreciate if this was translated into japanese even for a stronger emphasis on the subject from anyone, thank you! I feel like they don't pay attention to what would make this game better.
    (4)

Hello adventurers! This is Voltenyne from the Community team.

Director Fujito recently posted a comment listing some of the Development team’s goals for the future, so I’d like to share a translation of his comment with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoji_Fujito View Post
    Greetings! Director Fujito here.

Having celebrated our nineteenth anniversary on May 16, we are now less than a year away from the 20th anniversary.
    I wanted to personally inform you of developments leading up to next year, and so here I am typing away at my keyboard.

Here’s a basic summary of what we will be doing from here on out.
    However, we’re unable to promise a specific timeframe for many of these plans, so please consider it a simple list of goals for myself.

The FFXI team is currently developing the following three features as our primary goals for the 2021 fiscal year.

• The Voracious Resurgence
    • Job-related System
    • Storage System Revamp

The Voracious Resurgence
    Aht Urhgan sets the stage of the story in the June 2021 version update.
    Who will be featured this time? What is the story relevance of the blue mage mentioned in the news announcement?
    As usual, I’m quite sure the story won’t betray your expectations.

We’re planning to continue the scenario for at least another year, so if you haven’t caught up, you should be able to progress through the story at your own pace.

Job-related System
    In contrast with previous job adjustments where we rotated through individual jobs and made changes to their abilities and traits, this new system could be summed up as “removing shackles.”
    Of course, this isn’t meant to completely replace job adjustments, and individual adjustments will still be made as necessary, similar to how certain jobs were changed to bring them up to standard in preparation for this new system.
    Our current balancing adjustments are based on the state of the jobs after they have progressed through this new system.

Storage System Revamp
    This has been in the works for a very long time, but we are looking into increasing inventory space.
    Ever since Mog Wardrobes 3 and 4 were added, we’ve repeatedly replied that adding more inventory space wasn’t possible, so this goal may seem like a contradiction, and you might be frustrated with us and wondering why we haven’t implemented it already.
    However, this method comes with a risk to gameplay and I would like to warn you that it most likely won’t be a catch-all solution.
    Loading times, the aspect with the largest effects on gameplay, cannot be improved beyond their current speeds, so we'll try and tackle it from a different angle.

What I’ve mentioned so far is what we’re hoping to achieve by the end of this fiscal year.
    Each of these goals are rather resource-intensive, but we’ll be tackling them with everything we have.

So what then, do we have planned for next year? I can’t go into detail, but here are some keywords.

• Empyrean Armor
    • The Voracious Resurgence-related Content

These goals were decided two years ago, and we’ll be working to implement them.

Now that I’ve listed the major features of our plans, many of you may be wondering what we have in store beyond the 20th anniversary.
    However, this forum post isn’t the place for a topic of such importance, so Producer Matsui will bring it up at an appropriate timing.

That’s it from me for today.
    The world may still be in the midst of battling COVID-19, but I hope that all of you will remain in good health.
    As Director Fujito mentioned, we don’t have a specific timeframe for these goals yet, but we’ll be sure to give you a heads up when there’s more news!

See you next time!
    (7)

Character
    Coffeegood
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltenyne View Post
    Hello adventurers! This is Voltenyne from the Community team.

Director Fujito recently posted a comment listing some of the Development team’s goals for the future, so I’d like to share a translation of his comment with you.

As Director Fujito mentioned, we don’t have a specific timeframe for these goals yet, but we’ll be sure to give you a heads up when there’s more news!

See you next time!
    Thank you for your feedback!
    (0)

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    In contrast with previous job adjustments where we rotated through individual jobs and made changes to their abilities and traits, this new system could be summed up as “removing shackles.”
    Please remove the Shackles on spells like Kaustra, Meteor, Banishga, Stonega, Waterga, Aeroga, Firaga, Blizzaga, Thundaga, as well as II/III/ja/ra. These spells in ALL areas get weaker the more enemies are hit by them. The first two have never even had an update to their damage formula making them very weak against iLv opponents. It was done a very VERY long time ago before jobs like corsair even existed as a patch to area of effect spells being too powerful while similar weaponskills did virtually no damage anyway and avatar bloodpacts that did similar damage were locked behind Astral Flow.

Storage System Revamp
    This has been in the works for a very long time, but we are looking into increasing inventory space.
    Ever since Mog Wardrobes 3 and 4 were added, we’ve repeatedly replied that adding more inventory space wasn’t possible, so this goal may seem like a contradiction, and you might be frustrated with us and wondering why we haven’t implemented it already.
    I know this may be hard to code, but would it be possible to trade a mog slip to an NPC who will copy its contents into a wardrobe 5~10 while making it so players could not directly add, remove, or sort items from said wardrobes?
    That way those wardrobes could be enormous in size (big enough to fit all items stored within the slip) while doing virtually nothing to inventory load times. (as without the ability to sort, add or remove directly, they're each roughly the same size as a single signed item)
    6 slips would let us at best pick one Artifact silp (15, 16, 26, 27), one Relic slip (17, 18, 28, 29), one Empyrean slip (20, 21), both ambuscade slips (23, 28), and leaves one left for some slip lockstyles.

semi-related, please add Daybreak, Malignance Pole, Malignance Sword, Malignance Chapeau, Malignance Tabard, Malignance Gloves, Malignance Tights, Malignance Boots, Malignance Earring, Sacro Bulwark, Sacro Breastplate, Sacro Gorget, Sacro Cord, Sacro Mantle, Geirrothr, Zantetsuken, Zantetsuken X, Hjarrandi Helm, Hjarrandi Breastplate, Freke Ring, Gere Ring, Cath Palug Hammer, Cath Palug Stone, Cath Palug Crown, Cath Palug Ring, & Cath Palug Earring to either the list of items that can be sent to a same account character or to a mog slip. that's a lot of rare items that can't be stored.

I'm still the latest comment, okay. In response the the digest video & update info. I was so hoping for Lv.120+ enemies to have been added in some zones in /regionmap because that would make keeping regions out of the hands of beastmen much easier. Here's hoping for a few in July or August. :pray:
    (1)
    Last edited by Voidstorm; 06-11-2021 at 07:59 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It was done a very VERY long time ago before jobs like corsair even existed as a patch to area of effect spells being too powerful while similar weaponskills did virtually no damage anyway and avatar bloodpacts that did similar damage were locked behind Astral Flow.
    It is worth noting that in many cases, even FFXIV nerfs AoE damage the more targets that are hit, to prevent overall DPS from becoming too outrageous. Even with this though, most people go through content like dungeons spamming AoEs unless there aren't enough enemies for it to be more efficient.

Which is how it should be. If there are more than X targets, use AOE, if there are fewer than X targets, use single target. But in FFXI, AoEs usually do more than single target spells on a single target.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 06-11-2021 at 04:54 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast