Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Genomeffxi View Post
    This would not increase load times, it would not be 22 more bags to load. The load would only happen after job change and only 1 bag would be unloaded (for the previous main) and new 1 bag would be loaded (for the current job). It could even decrease load times for the whole server if we reduced wardrobes to 3 with 1 of them being job-specific, the only drawback would be possibly a second or two of load time only once per job change, which is a very infrequent event compared to zoning.
    Currently the job change is incredibly slow, if you count trading porter storage slips back and forth to swap out manually all the gear for the new job, which definitely generates a lot more network server traffic and is very tedious.
    IT doesn't have to be 22 bags. Every time you change jobs a new bag is being loaded. Multiply that by potentially hundreds of people in their mog houses, and further by the fact that people can change jobs literally every 2 seconds while they're there. Believe me, people would test the limits of how much this would affect the server.
    (0)

Character
    Codegen
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidstorm View Post
    Slips do load their contents when you zone. every item that can be stored inside has a 0 or 1 on the slip itself and is modified when you store items or retrieve them.
    This is why augments on abjuration gear are lost when storing them and why only augmented relic+2 can be stored on slip 13 instead of both augmented & un-augmented.
    You would not be able to store incomplete REMAs or JSE necks and you couldn't store any of the JSE backs or SU5 weapons at all in such a wardrobe as it would be compressed into a single bit of data.

You might like reading this post of mine, it's a slightly more plausible version of what you're suggesting. https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/t...l=1#post636493
    The storage slips still only take up 1 inventory of space, with the 1/0 of having each item they could have stored only taking up less than the signed text on a normal piece of gear. A better solution would be that the content of every porter slip should be available to be equipped by macro or gearset, without first copying it into any inventory space, ad it would just show a number in the equip screen like for mogwardrobes. That way it would not affect loading times at all, in fact i'd gladly lose even 80 inventory spots if they decided to eliminate something like the mog locker and instead allow this instant equipping/unequipping directly from storage slip. And if they added more r/e items to new coupons like you're suggesting in your idea, maybe even the full augmented version of some gear so it could be stored as a single 1/0 in some 64-bit number in a porter slip that woul help even more. For those things we definitely don't care that much about having the ability to see them in any random order inside a storage, which causes a lot less efficient data representation. That would also greatly improve load times when zoning.
    (1)

The storage slips may only take up one space, but I'm pretty sure someone has tested and found out that having slips full of stuff causes longer load times than empty slips.
    (0)
    It's your server.

Character
    Primitive
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99

mog garden

can it now be possible to harvest, mine , and fish, and net more stuff now that the sparks is pretty much a dead issue? in the mog garden i mean. i would like to get more darksteel ores rhodium ores and gold ores with the serums per character so that i can craft the next day or maybe even same day. i know you probably have big plans for the garden coming up, but i would like some funzies now, if thats not a problem.
    (0)

Player
    Auto and manual sort Automaton attachments, 10 minute duration on Maneuvers and instead of 5 and bigger Automaton Elemental Capacity.

Remove rare on experience and capacity rings keep the ex

Recall and Teleport items to have a 10 minute cool down instead of 1 hour or 20 hours (Looking at Black chocobo cap).
    (0)

Character
    Primitive
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99

chocobo digging

i wish it wasnt so rare to dig up heavy metal plates and alex, and maybe even heavy metal pouches but those can be rare. would really liven it up a bit.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyriack View Post
    i wish it wasnt so rare to dig up heavy metal plates and alex, and maybe even heavy metal pouches but those can be rare. would really liven it up a bit.
    I mean, we all wish they just dropped from everything and like candy but that will never happen.
    (0)

Character
    Primitive
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    not like candy but only getting 1 a day heavy metal is kinda weak .
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidstorm View Post
    Wrong, ALL inventory loads every time you zone. To change this to do what you're asking would require they change the way inventory loads.
    They obviously are wary of attempting because of how many things are likely to break with that change. If they're going to change something back-end like that, why not just make inventory load only when you login instead of each time you zone? more bags for longer load time? who cares, it's not doing it every time I zone anymore.
    Well, you could have only the job bag associated with your job load first. But they all need to be loaded or changing jobs would really really suck. And you can change your job in various other places besides the mog house, so it always needs to be done. Plus item search won't work if it isn't loading everything.

Really, the real problem here is transmission speed, which they allege they can not increase without causing problems. the only realistic way we can have more regular type storage spaces is if they increase loading speed. Which they say they can't.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 07-07-2021 at 04:00 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyriack View Post
    not like candy but only getting 1 a day heavy metal is kinda weak .
    The primary means of getting HMPs is supposed to be voidwatch. Any other source is just a bonus.
    (0)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast