Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Primitive
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99

very happy

very happy about hearing about inventory problems being solved!
    (0)

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    It is worth noting that in many cases, even FFXIV nerfs AoE damage the more targets that are hit, to prevent overall DPS from becoming too outrageous. Even with this though, most people go through content like dungeons spamming AoEs unless there aren't enough enemies for it to be more efficient.

Which is how it should be. If there are more than X targets, use AOE, if there are fewer than X targets, use single target. But in FFXI, AoEs usually do more than single target spells on a single target.
    Do you not play the game anymore?

When Dynamis Divergence Jeuno was added, they added an AOE nerf that applies to spawned targets from a blue statue. It has since been used for all targets in Domain Invasion when they changed it and added D.I. points and to everything in Odyssey.
    The reason is probably because things like Aeolian Edge, Cataclysm, BLU AOE, etc are not affected by MTDR so their damage was quite high.
    Now a BLM -ja will do 10% damage to the main target and 0.1% to the secondary targets in said events.

It's SE's way of saying to not AOE in those events. I get that, but if they're going to take that route to let us AOE elsewhere while adding events that we either can or cannot AOE, I'd like MTDR to be removed since it no longer has a purpose. Unless you think the purpose is to say, "you're allowed to AoE, just not with Divine magic, Elemental magic, or Kaustra."

i would agree with you if you said AoE should be weaker than single target in general. And if comparing all forms of damage, it is. if comparing blu spell vs blu spell ... they're some of the most potent I'm aware of.
    If comparing elemental nukes, if there's only one target for the AoE to hit, then it is more potent, but it's not worth casting the AoE if there's multiple (which is retarded).
    (1)
    Last edited by Voidstorm; 06-12-2021 at 05:52 AM.

Character
    Loshiniloi
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    It is worth noting that in many cases, even FFXIV nerfs AoE damage the more targets that are hit, to prevent overall DPS from becoming too outrageous. Even with this though, most people go through content like dungeons spamming AoEs unless there aren't enough enemies for it to be more efficient.

Which is how it should be. If there are more than X targets, use AOE, if there are fewer than X targets, use single target. But in FFXI, AoEs usually do more than single target spells on a single target.
    This makes sense, there's been gatherings in events where we do Omen and someone would come as a BLU. The tank would pull the whole room, BLU does Entomb, and then Teneberal Crush to cleave everything that wasn't a Transcended Mob. It's done for the sake of squeezing three runs in a single linkshell gathering, if we get cards we do, if not, oh well.
    (0)
    Anime-Gunpla Fan, Roleplayer, Gaming Addict don't send help! Master Samurai of Siren Server. I assure you *picks up Sledgehammer* I know exactly what I'm doing! Message for discord, telegram or roleplay profile.

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Thanks SE for fixing the name of the WHM AF armor for English-speaking users. However, this ticket was submitted AFTER the accepted bug that Augmented Sinister Reign gear is not deliverable on the same account. (This bug was accepted in early February with a ticket submitted to the dev team at the end of March...but it is now 3 updates past, with no resolution).
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    Thanks SE for fixing the name of the WHM AF armor for English-speaking users. However, this ticket was submitted AFTER the accepted bug that Augmented Sinister Reign gear is not deliverable on the same account. (This bug was accepted in early February with a ticket submitted to the dev team at the end of March...but it is now 3 updates past, with no resolution).

As a reminder and for clarity, a report going into "accepted bugs" means you properly filled out the bug report. It doesn't imply if/when/how it will be fixed.
    (0)

Character
    Codegen
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

solving inventory problems by auto-swap at job change

this idea would not affect load time between zones or total number of items available.
    There are many items that are for just 1 job. All AF/Relic/Emp. armors, many R/EX also usable by just 1 job (regal gem is rdm only, regal necklace is cor only) severa ultimate weapons, su5 etc. So the idea is: Make something like mogWardrobe1 job-specific.

When you change main job, a different 80 slots of inventory is swapped in.
    That's where players can hold all their job-specific gear, and if they want even some non-job-specific pieces that the player just likes to use just on that job, including ammo etc.
    If you put a lot of rare/e gear just for SMN in there, you won't be able to reach it while on any other job, but if you want to you can change back to SMN and move something to shared inventory spaces.

That would effectively add 80x22 = 1760 extra inventory spaces, yet it would not slow down loading gear or zoning, because only 80 are available at a time on each job change.

Right now I have to consume inventory space for a regal gem for RDM even while I don't play RDM (it's not porter-slip-storable), for a regal necklace and COR bullets and consumables for COR even while I don't play COR, etc, and it all adds up, making me hesitate to get more gear or play other jobs.

It would also greatly speed up changing jobs, right now it can take a long time to swap all storage coupons when changing jobs.
    (1)

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    as I would make a lot more capes if I didn't have to consider how useful it was, I think it would increase load times. Especially since inventory only loads once per zone, so it'd have to load 22 extra bags without changing something back-end about how inventory is loaded from the server.
    even though we can't access anything in /bank /bank2 or /locker outside of town, and only moghouse/garden for /storage, the game still loads them all every time we zone.

also, you can dbox regal items to same account mules. i know since my regal neck & belt are both currently sitting on one.

slips compact an item's data into a single bit of present or absent. a slip is no larger than a signed item. If there was a way to compress certain items by the same method in a more restrictive wardrobe, i'd be thrilled.
    I'd also be thrilled if they could change the back-end, so inventory only loads client side when logging in, instead of every time we zone.
    (0)
    Last edited by Voidstorm; 06-18-2021 at 03:32 PM.

Character
    Primitive
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99

fishing roe

can we get more sparks and accolades for fishing roe's now that the sparks are capped?
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Genomeffxi View Post
    this idea would not affect load time between zones or total number of items available.
    There are many items that are for just 1 job. All AF/Relic/Emp. armors, many R/EX also usable by just 1 job (regal gem is rdm only, regal necklace is cor only) severa ultimate weapons, su5 etc. So the idea is: Make something like mogWardrobe1 job-specific.

When you change main job, a different 80 slots of inventory is swapped in.
    That's where players can hold all their job-specific gear, and if they want even some non-job-specific pieces that the player just likes to use just on that job, including ammo etc.
    If you put a lot of rare/e gear just for SMN in there, you won't be able to reach it while on any other job, but if you want to you can change back to SMN and move something to shared inventory spaces.

That would effectively add 80x22 = 1760 extra inventory spaces, yet it would not slow down loading gear or zoning, because only 80 are available at a time on each job change.

Right now I have to consume inventory space for a regal gem for RDM even while I don't play RDM (it's not porter-slip-storable), for a regal necklace and COR bullets and consumables for COR even while I don't play COR, etc, and it all adds up, making me hesitate to get more gear or play other jobs.

It would also greatly speed up changing jobs, right now it can take a long time to swap all storage coupons when changing jobs.
    Because this means a data transfer somewhat similar to what happens on zone change is now potentially happening multiple times per client in the mog house areas, they would have to be careful with this because it would increase server load considerably. Maybe not a problem for most servers but the biggest ones, it might be a concern.

It would also slow down the job change process, which is currently almost instant.
    (0)

Character
    Primitive
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99

i wish 1 /10000 fish u could fish up a rainbow fish for 10,000 hallmarks

i wish 1 /10000 fish u could fish up a rainbow fish for 10,000 hallmarks, or 10 silver vouchers.
    (0)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast