Character
    Vivik
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 78

New! Back after 6+ years!

I am back after being away for a long long time. Last time I played was before XIV v1.0 and I feel like I should honor XI one last time. With that in the open, lets get to business.

Holy! This game has changed and I have no idea where to even start. I managed to get my character to his home nation and I don't know what to do next. My first question is. Can I do a spring cleaning on my inventory? I have items from the days of farming Sea and Sky! I have so much junk that I don't even know where to start with. Next, should I start from a job at level 1, or try to get back in the flow with jobs I have at 75?

Last but not least, after I have inventory and Jobs straighten out. What's next where do I pick up the main story(s)? Is there anything else I need to know? The more wisdom the better.
    (1)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Home Country Rank 10 > Zilart > ToAU > CoP > WoTG > RoV ...and after that is Voracious Resurgence!
    (0)

Character
    Cliche
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 75
    Welcome back!

The first thing you should do is view the Menu > Quests > Objectives list > Tutorial > Basics > (Do all of these)
    The Objective "All in One" will be added to that list after you have completed ten objectives, once you have it, you can unlock Unity, join one and then have access to Warp via the NPC to any location in the lists, very handy to get Home Points and Survival Guides etc.

There is a lot of Objectives to complete, which will earn you Sparks and Unity, rewards.
    I would follow the Rhapsodies of Vana'diel missions and complete any required other missions to progress that storyline. (Unlocks EXP/CP boosts and gives access to buy cheap but useful Food, Items, other things from the Curio Moogle)

Once you have Trusts, you can call them (Maximum of five with enough Rhapsodies progression) in Mission content to help you complete them, or even level up your jobs! (EXP with your own party of NPCs).

Nineteen years worth of content!
    (0)