Thread: GEO In Odyssey

GEO In Odyssey

Is it confirmed that GEO is nerfed -75% in Odyssey?

If so, why? That is too much to the point where it makes it useless. Why not -25%? At least let me still use my Idris GEO in there. I find it crazy that I put all the work, time and effort into finishing it just to not use it in this end game content.

I'm not asking to make it over powered and just steam roll through content, but having a REMA should give an advantage for the work put into it, no? To basically make the job useless in there, you might as well say don't play it in there, and that's not cool.
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I don't think any job should have special modifiers for specific content. Balance the job if it's too strong or weak, instead of applying content specific bandaids.
    (4)

Character
    Lenresa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Well that's disgusting. To see you with the correct take on something.

Adjusting content via job specific nerf is extremely lazy. If they put the minimum effort into proper balance like they continually claim, that wouldn't have to happen.
    (2)

Character
    Ladyofhonor
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Every GEO nerf is only on the debuffs, not the buff side of GEO. Of course the major problem with this is that a COR's chaos roll and GEO's indi-fury are similar in attack, but a Corsair can do very good damage (across 3 damage types) while providing that buff. Though if we're talking in Gaol a COR can't really melee at all, so are nerfed pretty hard there.

That said, GEO really needs some assistance if they're going to reduce the effectiveness of debuff bubbles. When their debuffs are at full power, they're extremely useful to have, but also extremely boring to play, as doing more than casting Indi+Luopan puts the luopan, your clear main job, in jeopardy. If you also nerf their debuffs, they are far less useful, and there's nothing to do. I haven't tried the nuking NM's on high difficulty, but I've read that even BLM's need to focus magic accuracy, so a GEO is going to struggle a bit to do the nuking portion. So what even can a GEO do? They can't melee on bosses, no gear support and their bubbles die. They can't gear enough to effectively nuke the hardest content and can just end up hurting the BLM, and no subjob means they can't heal and have no enfeebles. The only job just as hurt as GEO here is BRD, but they're still at 100% for the main role of their job...GEO isn't.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Leny View Post

Adjusting content via job specific nerf is extremely lazy. If they put the minimum effort into proper balance like they continually claim, that wouldn't have to happen.
    I feel they have little to no experience with actually playing the game.

As with GEO content nerf, as a SMN I often find I cannot use some of my Job Abilities due to content nerf (Cannot use Apogee to make SC as they force a ten second BP limitation that reduces the damage of the next BP by 90% if its used with ten seconds, preventing a SC by waiting or making it useless if you use it, same for my one hour Astral Conduit, first BP is normal, the rest have -90% making it completely useless).
    This limitation they sometimes add to new content even affects the SMN from making SC's with another SMN, as the other SMN cannot use their BP within the ten second window for SC or damage is reduced by 90%, making it useless.
    What this does, is makes it pointless to have two or more SMN in a group, which we know is exactly what they want because its the easiest way to stop multiple SMN from defeating content.

This is again true with BLM and SMN unable to AoE packs of mobs with Magic, as the second and rest of the pack get -90% damage taken, only the first mob takes full damage.

They need to stop with this content-job specific shadow-nerf, all it does it make it harder for players to get stuff done, unless they have multiple useful jobs to possibly avoid certain content-specific.

I'm not saying just because I play SMN and can AC lots of thing to death that it shouldn't be rebalanced, but like Geo, and BLM... don't nerf us in new content to point we're basically useless, or very limited.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Leny View Post
    Well that's disgusting. To see you with the correct take on something.

Cats and dogs mass hysteria and all that.

Still, this is plain and simple enough for just about anyone to see. I really don't see how GEO's debuffs would be more remarkable in this content vs any other if left unchanged from their regular paramenters. It comes across as an arbitrary "we don't want to see this job used in this content" decision.
    (0)