Thread: controller help

Character
    Ksama
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

controller help

I recently came back to ffxi after about 7-8 years off. Im trying to setup on pc and cant get controller to work in game, works fine on the pc itself. I looked for the folder called toolsUS after looking at youtube videos. But when I go to the ffxifullsetup_US > final_fantasy_XI I dont have those kind of files, I have data 1, data 2, data 3, etc. Any ideas on how to fix this? I have also deleted and re-downloaded the game twice.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    use the config tool found in the start menu, if it doesn't work, use a controller emulator to map to the keyboard, or just use the keyboard, it's better for XI anyway.
    (0)

The toolsUS folder is located where the game is installed, probably in C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI
    (1)
    It's your server.

Character
    Kawar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksama View Post
    I recently came back to ffxi after about 7-8 years off. Im trying to setup on pc and cant get controller to work in game, works fine on the pc itself. I looked for the folder called toolsUS after looking at youtube videos. But when I go to the ffxifullsetup_US > final_fantasy_XI I dont have those kind of files, I have data 1, data 2, data 3, etc. Any ideas on how to fix this? I have also deleted and re-downloaded the game twice.
    lets start with PS3 PS3 PS5 or Xboxs 360 or Xboxs one controller?

the xboxs and there 3rd party ones from my use seem to be the easyest and there super outdated drivers that kind of help make it smooth that xboxs made for there controller back in the day that i install every time and it works well.

-----

onces that done go to ffxi and playonline config. it really is not a big deal if you only fix the ffxi config as uses enter for 2mins to go from playonline to ffxi is not really a big deal.

-----

next check gamepad (X) the box i mean

---

next use the bottom pre set is the one i use and the one i find works the best.

---

TO FIND THE CONFIG FILES GO TO THE SEARCH BAR IF ON WINDOWS 10 AND JUST TYPE FFXI OR PLAYONLINE IF NOTHING COMES UP JUST HIT START AND FIND IT IN THE LIST ITS THERE
    (0)
    Last edited by Kawar; 06-10-2021 at 09:31 AM.

Character
    Zerahn
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 56
    If you're anything like me you have to completely remove the controller (bluetooth) from your PC, then re-connect it, every g*****n time you start the client.
    (0)