Character
    Armoredwolf
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Sheol - Gaol rewarding too many RP for failed runs when using Mog Amplifier.

Platform: Any
    ISP: Any
    Type of Internet Connection: Any
    Internet Connection Speed: Any
    Date & Time: Any
    Frequency: Always
    Character Name: Any
    Race: Any
    World: Any
    Main Job: Any
    Support Job: Any
    Area and Coordinates: Walk of Echoes [P]
    Party or Solo: Any
    NPC Name: N/A
    Monster Name: N/A
    Steps:
    -Use a mog amplifier.
    -Deal 1% or more damage to the monster.
    -Time out.

You will receive RP equal to 2x the full value of the monster in addition to the RP you earned. I believe the intended behavior was to receive 3x the RP you earned. This creates a situation where a fight that should've been worth less than 100 RP can reward over 1000 RP, and makes entering and dying nearly as efficient as bringing a coordinated party to kill the monster.

This can be used with the mog amplifier boost from doing 3 NMs, such that you receive 8x the full value of the monster in addition to the RP you earned.

If you do 3 NMs at R15, and do 1% damage to each, without a mog amplifier:
    -NM1 will grant 2RP
    -NM2 will grant 2RP
    -NM3 will grant 2RP

If you do 3 NMs at R15, and do 1% damage to each, with a mog amplifier active, starting with the enhanced boost:
    -NM1 will grant 3138 RP.
    -NM2 will grant 786 RP.
    -NM3 will grant 786 RP.

If you do 3 NMs at R15, and kill all of them using an exceptional group, with mog amplifiers active, starting with the enhanced boost:
    -NM1 will grant 3528 RP.
    -NM2 will grant 1176 RP.
    -NM3 will grant 1176 RP.

This means that the benefits for establishing an exceptional group are barely visible over simply entering and dying over and over to collect RP. I believe the intended effect of the amplifier would result in the following, provided you only do 1% damage:
    -NM1 will grant 18 RP.
    -NM2 will grant 6 RP.
    -NM3 will grant 6 RP.

In short, the amplifier is multiplying the base value of the NM's RP as if you had killed it, rather than multiplying the actual RP you have earned for your performance.
    (0)

Player
    By the time this gets fixed, everyone is already going to be maxed out. There has been reports of bans for this on ffxiah.com but i don't know if it's true, also since this is square-enix's own programming error they should issue a warning if they are really banning people. By warning i mean make a post and directly tell people they will get banned if they do this, at this point everybody already knows about it anyways its not like they'd spill the beans on the exploit.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jdove; 05-24-2021 at 04:53 PM.