Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Serjaime
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 15

Returning player...and soon to be leaving

I downloaded the game yesterday, did my subscription.. Today I been playing. Had a lot of fun for a few hours, then the problems started happening.

First. I spoke with AMAN Liaison in San D'oria. I couldn't exit out of the conversation. I had to close POL and restart the game...

I zoned into north to south San d'oria, got disconnected. Then It said Error code 3201 same character logged in. Waited a few minutes. Server timed out.

Shutdown POL, same thing, character logged in.
    Eventually I login, error Code POL-0011
    3rd time again: Error Code FFXI-3001. Thats the 4th error code i've gotten in 15 minutes....
    I'm stuck zoning into bastok markets.
    In south gustaberg, trying to zone into bastok markets, same thing
    Game reloads, black screen for a few minutes, then no response. i try again, characters is logged in.

I have been dealing with silly issues like this for over an hour. WTF is going on?
    No I do not have spectrum

In the past hour, I've Reset my modem, and uninstalled and Reinstalled FFXI. Re-did the update, and still got to the game where the loading screen is black and says loading at the bottom, only to receive a FFXI-3001.

Tried using windows 7 settings, couldnt connect to POL

Legacy settings are also checked.

Disconnected my hardwire, and used hot spot wi fi, Still error code FFXI-3001
    (1)
    Last edited by SerJaime; 05-21-2021 at 07:11 AM.

Character
    Bobst
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Greetings Serjaime, there is a template that would help them if it were filled out. Also, I did a quick google search and found this: https://support.na.square-enix.com/f...he%20situation.
    I recommend trying this and letting them know you completed these suggested items as well, if the problem persist. Good Luck!
    (0)

Character
    Serjaime
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 15
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobst View Post
    Greetings Serjaime, there is a template that would help them if it were filled out. Also, I did a quick google search and found this: https://support.na.square-enix.com/f...he%20situation.
    I recommend trying this and letting them know you completed these suggested items as well, if the problem persist. Good Luck!
    I called my Internet Provider. Router and modem are up to date. Ports are open. Added both FFXI and POL to Windows firewall. Disabled my antivirus. After a few POL 0011, I was FINALLY able to login and load bastok markets, only to have R0 and lagout...this time Error code 4001, then followed by a a FFXI-3100 followed by a POL-0011

Regardless of what SE says, this is soley a SERVER issue. I guess they don't want to keep me on a monthly subscription :P
    (0)
    Last edited by SerJaime; 05-21-2021 at 06:52 AM.

Character
    Kawar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by SerJaime View Post
    I downloaded the game yesterday, did my subscription.. Today I been playing. Had a lot of fun for a few hours, then the problems started happening.

First. I spoke with AMAN Liaison in San D'oria. I couldn't exit out of the conversation. I had to close POL and restart the game...

I zoned into north to south San d'oria, got disconnected. Then It said Error code 3201 same character logged in. Waited a few minutes. Server timed out.

Shutdown POL, same thing, character logged in.
    Eventually I login, error Code POL-0011
    3rd time again: Error Code FFXI-3001. Thats the 4th error code i've gotten in 15 minutes....
    I'm stuck zoning into bastok markets.
    In south gustaberg, trying to zone into bastok markets, same thing
    Game reloads, black screen for a few minutes, then no response. i try again, characters is logged in.

I have been dealing with silly issues like this for over an hour. WTF is going on?
    No I do not have spectrum

In the past hour, I've Reset my modem, and uninstalled and Reinstalled FFXI. Re-did the update, and still got to the game where the loading screen is black and says loading at the bottom, only to receive a FFXI-3001.

Tried using windows 7 settings, couldnt connect to POL

Legacy settings are also checked.

Disconnected my hardwire, and used hot spot wi fi, Still error code FFXI-3001
    I know you do not want to hear this but wait till next month do not stop paying till after next month so pay for next month and if you do not want to play after that its understand able.

Why i say that is it seems most if not all the problems we are haveing the last 2 weeks are ether linked to the SE server or the patch. Wait till next update when they shutdown the servers and reboot everything like they do every month some people have told me that has worked and they never had to use a VPN like i need 2 now to play.
    (0)

Character
    Kawar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I called my Internet Provider. Router and modem are up to date. Ports are open. Added both FFXI and POL to Windows firewall. Disabled my antivirus. After a few POL 0011, I was FINALLY able to login and load bastok markets, only to have R0 and lagout...this time Error code 4001, then followed by a a FFXI-3100 followed by a POL-0011

Regardless of what SE says, this is soley a SERVER issue. I guess they don't want to keep me on a monthly subscription :P
    Yes it is a server problem. BTW if you want to call and report it to SE so you know someone is putting the report in the support phone number is 1-858-790-7529 That is the SE helpline for all there online games i think i hung up after 11 14 and marval where said.

but i did make a report with them yesterday when i called to check my error codes with them. Need to call them again and let them know there steps did not work.

edit

USE A VPN FOR NOW its the only true fix it seems for now.
    (1)
    Last edited by Kawar; 05-21-2021 at 08:40 AM.

Character
    Serjaime
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 15
    I'd rather cancel service and wait for them to fix it than waste money on a game I can't play.
    (0)

Character
    Serjaime
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 15
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawar View Post
    Yes it is a server problem. BTW if you want to call and report it to SE so you know someone is putting the report in the support phone number is 1-858-790-7529 That is the SE helpline for all there online games i think i hung up after 11 14 and marval where said.

but i did make a report with them yesterday when i called to check my error codes with them. Need to call them again and let them know there steps did not work.

edit

USE A VPN FOR NOW its the only true fix it seems for now.
    Thanks dude! I cant believe the number still works, am speaking with someone now. Hes checking if my specific IP address works.

After speaking with tech support, its confirmed the IPv4 Address I am using is not connecting. I was told to contact my IP and ask if they could reset my IP.

Also they told me you can't open tickets, and that if enough people called they would investigate it.
    This is the worst customer service business moto and turned me off completely.

Square Enix you lost a customer today, not because of your poor servers, but because of your lack to hear your customers and help them resolve their issues. If this game was free I would understand, but paying 12.99 and not being able to play is a ripoff
    (0)
    Last edited by SerJaime; 05-21-2021 at 09:28 AM.

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I have been playing this game for years... never encounter this many problems. If you just returned it might be expected to encounter some unusual things that you need to work around. Don't be such a quitter.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Square Enix you lost a customer today, not because of your poor servers, but because of your lack to hear your customers and help them resolve their issues. If this game was free I would understand, but paying 12.99 and not being able to play is a ripoff
    This problem isn't on SE's end, it's almost certainly a major backbone router encountering problems and your traffic is being routed through it.

I'm sorry you're having trouble but technical problems happen, and it's not always something that's in their control. The internet does not have perfect uptime.

These things happen. It's not the first time it's happened, and it won't be the last. FFXIV has also been subject to networking related problems over the years (usually DDOS attacks though), although FFXIV has datacenters in multiple locations so it doesn't usually impact as many people. I think it's pretty petty if you're actually cancelling over this. SE's customer service really can't help you much with this problem because it's not in their control. Square Enix is not ripping you off. They aren't the ones preventing you from playing.

It is entirely your choice to do so of course, I just want to emphasize, this isn't SE's fault. If it was on their end, everyone would be unable to play and there would be a notice put up very quickly about the issue.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-21-2021 at 10:54 AM.

Character
    Kawar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Thanks dude! I cant believe the number still works, am speaking with someone now. Hes checking if my specific IP address works.

After speaking with tech support, its confirmed the IPv4 Address I am using is not connecting. I was told to contact my IP and ask if they could reset my IP.

Also they told me you can't open tickets, and that if enough people called they would investigate it.
    This is the worst customer service business moto and turned me off completely.

buddy they can put in a report but not the way your thinking about it.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast