Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Taali
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

POL-0011/1160 and FFXI-3001 errors while connecting.

Details:
    I'm having issues logging on POL starting from the password screen, sometimes i'm lucky to get to the title screen and launch the game, but i keep receiving POL-0011/1160 errors while trying. When i do manage to get past these errors and log in my character i end up getting disconnected with error 3001 when zoning in specific zones like Aht Urhgan. I was able to log in my mule alt who's in Sandy though, but my main who's in Aht Urghan gets these errors and can't load in-game past "Downloading Data"

Steps:
    I portforwarded my router, exhausted my options with the ISP, even getting my router replaced and route changed, disabled firewall, reinstalled the game, nothing seemed to work.

Date & Time:
    5/16/2021 ~ Today

Frequency:
    Always

Platform:
    PC

PC Manufacturer & Model Number:
    Homebuilt

Operating System:
    Windows 10

ISP:
    NET Claro

Type of Internet Connection:
    Optic Fiber, connected via ethernet cable.
    (1)
    Last edited by Taali; 05-20-2021 at 10:46 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    This error is generally a backbone ISP or issue at the datacenter the servers are located in. It is generally temporary and there is usually not much you can do about it other than pester your ISP which you say you have already done.
    (2)

Character
    Kawar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    This error is generally a backbone ISP or issue at the datacenter the servers are located in. It is generally temporary and there is usually not much you can do about it other than pester your ISP which you say you have already done.
    Maybe that would be the case in a one off thing. But I count like 6-10 people here and the same number on ffxiah. so ether we triggered something with out knowing it. Or they should try at the very least rebooting all the servers.

When i say we btw this problem is happaning to me as well. I am playing with a VPN for now
    (1)

Good morning and thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XI Technical Support Forums.

To prevent repeating previously attempted troubleshooting, what have you tried to alleviate the problem? Does this issue happen when Final Fantasy XI is the only program running?

Thank you for visiting the Final Fantasy XI Technical Support Forums.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawar View Post
    Maybe that would be the case in a one off thing. But I count like 6-10 people here and the same number on ffxiah. so ether we triggered something with out knowing it. Or they should try at the very least rebooting all the servers.

When i say we btw this problem is happaning to me as well. I am playing with a VPN for now
    I know. It usually affects many people (but not everyone). Typically, either all the people affected are using the same ISP, or all of their traffic is being passed through the same network node that has failed.
    (2)

Character
    Taali
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaervis View Post
    Good morning and thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XI Technical Support Forums.

To prevent repeating previously attempted troubleshooting, what have you tried to alleviate the problem? Does this issue happen when Final Fantasy XI is the only program running?

Thank you for visiting the Final Fantasy XI Technical Support Forums.
    It happens with XI alone, even if it's the only program running. The only workaround i could find, same with a number of people with the same issue lately i heard, was the use of a VPN to play.
    I already had the ports forwarded, router replaced, game reinstalled, my ISP had my route changed, disabled my firewall, tried launching the game without anything else running with a cleanboot, nothing seems to work.

This issue only happens with XI servers, i'm still playing XIV or any other game without facing any issues. Maybe there's some kind of communication issues on the SE servers?
    (2)
    Last edited by Taali; 05-21-2021 at 05:45 AM.

Character
    Kawar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I know. It usually affects many people (but not everyone). Typically, either all the people affected are using the same ISP, or all of their traffic is being passed through the same network node that has failed.
    I feel like your network node idea holds some water. cuss many servers and datacenters could be using the same node

am i right to think that btw. But if thats the case who do we need to report or yell at for them to fix it.

yell i only mean who do we need to annoy till they do something to help us.

edit

I really wish someone at SE dev team or higher up would start making phone calls and checking all there hardware to see if someone is not telling someone something. Then getting it fixed. Please SE
    (1)
    Last edited by Kawar; 05-21-2021 at 08:42 AM.

Character
    Taali
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Yeah, i'm still facing these issues, still getting pol-0011 when trying to log in most of the times..
    But i noticed that when i do manage to log in a character of mine, which is rare, some specific zones times out my game, as example my main was stuck in Al Zahbi for days not being able to log in, same for escha zi'tah or ru'aun. But an alt of mine that was in another zone logged in without major issues, until trying to go in one of these zones, which caused the same time out.

I'm using a VPN for now as a workaround to be able to play, but i hope SE takes a look into that
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawar View Post
    I feel like your network node idea holds some water. cuss many servers and datacenters could be using the same node

am i right to think that btw. But if thats the case who do we need to report or yell at for them to fix it.

yell i only mean who do we need to annoy till they do something to help us.

edit

I really wish someone at SE dev team or higher up would start making phone calls and checking all there hardware to see if someone is not telling someone something. Then getting it fixed. Please SE
    One of the things that makes this situation obvious is whenever it happens, you see several threads pop up on the forums at once, like is happening right now. It's clearly a widespread issue and not just one or two people.
    (1)

Character
    Kawar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    One of the things that makes this situation obvious is whenever it happens, you see several threads pop up on the forums at once, like is happening right now. It's clearly a widespread issue and not just one or two people.
    Yes i know its wide spreed just wondering why no comment from SE about whats going on or even that they are looking in to it
    (1)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast