Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Jackflashh
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I've also been having this issue for 2 weeks now. Released/renewed IP address, changed DSN, changed router, talked to ISP, nothing helps. It seems to be affecting my main char the most. Sometimes it takes an act of god just to get through the POL screens, other times I can get into game, but R0, d/c, get stuck in black "downloading data" screen, etc.

Not even using a VPN helps now. The VPN seems to help quite a bit getting to log in, but then I still get stuck at "downloading data" screen again, and can't even log in. The only way to get me unstuck is to have a friend log in and zone my char before I can get back in, but then it's just a matter of time before it happens again.

Some of the users I've seen seem to have similar regional ISP's, but I'm in North Dakota, nowhere near most of the reports I've seen, and have been using the same ISP for 5 year now without issue. This is absolutely an SE server issue, and it's complete nonsense. The game is literally unplayable right now.
    (1)

Character
    Taali
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackflashh View Post
    I've also been having this issue for 2 weeks now. Released/renewed IP address, changed DSN, changed router, talked to ISP, nothing helps. It seems to be affecting my main char the most. Sometimes it takes an act of god just to get through the POL screens, other times I can get into game, but R0, d/c, get stuck in black "downloading data" screen, etc.

Not even using a VPN helps now. The VPN seems to help quite a bit getting to log in, but then I still get stuck at "downloading data" screen again, and can't even log in. The only way to get me unstuck is to have a friend log in and zone my char before I can get back in, but then it's just a matter of time before it happens again.

Some of the users I've seen seem to have similar regional ISP's, but I'm in North Dakota, nowhere near most of the reports I've seen, and have been using the same ISP for 5 year now without issue. This is absolutely an SE server issue, and it's complete nonsense. The game is literally unplayable right now.
    I feel that, i can barely play currently as well, although with VPN it still works for me, i'm having to use WTFast to log in. But i'm still facing the exact same issues when i try to run the game without it, i already contacted my isp too and tried every possible alternative you also did.

I don't have any similar regional ISP if compared to other people facing the same issues either since i'm from Brazil, so i don't think that's even related, honestly, some players are just unable to play for some reason and no word from SE on the subject yet, i also believe that's some problem on SE servers that occured with this last patch
    (1)

Character
    Domenic
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 90

Same Error Slyph Server FFXI-3001 with long downwloading screen to timeout

This is the same issue that is occurring Sylph. Continual error messages that state failure to contact lobby server, connection timeouts, download windows that sit there then never connect when switching zones. This has been happening since the latest patch for my wife and I. We have verified the connection is not with our ISP (as all internet requests work except FFXI). Also we are using Google primary and secondary DNS.
    (1)
    Last edited by DomenicOfSylph; 05-23-2021 at 10:24 AM.

Character
    Domenic
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackflashh View Post

It happens on my wife's main character and my main character the most as well. We are in MD and came back to the game in Dec 2020 without any game issues. I believe something changed in the last patch.
    (1)
    Last edited by DomenicOfSylph; 05-23-2021 at 10:34 AM.

Character
    Kawar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by DomenicOfSylph View Post
    It happens on my wife's main character and my main character the most as well. We are in MD and came back to the game in Dec 2020 without any game issues. I believe something changed in the last patch.
    All of the reports i am reading and after me spending like 24-28 hours as a whole trying everything. I have come to ETHER my ISP is lieing to me or SE. One of them needs to try something on there end i feel.

make a bug report everyone having this problem
    (1)

Character
    Haldarn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Even if you're in different locations, it's still possible your data is being transferred through a common node between you and SE. Running a tracert and comparing it with others with the same issue may highlight that node.

You should be able to find similar occurrences (not necessarily SE) historically across the net with Google. There might even be a solution, but the time I personally encountered this in 2010 was regards access of a website and a misbehaving node in Texas - I ended up just stopping using the site.

Just an idea.
    (2)
    It all began with a stone...

Character
    Nivlac
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I am having the same connection issue,.
    But for some reason when i connect to VPN server in JAPAN, it works.

Rogers ISP
    Ontario, Canada
    (0)
    Last edited by JovialRat; 05-24-2021 at 11:24 AM.

Character
    Mydel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    This just started happening to me this afternoon. I DC'd and have had difficulty logging back on. After a while of trying to log on, I can get on and be fine until I change zones, and then I DC again.

This is obviously a new issue and something on SE's end judging by the amount of people starting to come forward with the same issue.

(I can log in on my alt with a different content ID just fine)
    (1)

Character
    Kahlla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I'm having the same issue Mydel. Seeing you post this now makes me wonder.. Are you with Cogeco as well?
    (1)

Character
    Mydel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    No i'm not.

This is an SE issue, not an isp. Otherwise i wouldn't be able to log on with any of my characters.

I can log in with my alt with a different content id, as well as some mules from my main content id, just not my main.

(perhaps there is a glitch with a certain item, where anybody that has this item can't log on?)

who knows!

edit: so i logged on to my main using my laptop, it was stranded at the downloading screen, and I came to my desktop on my alt and did a /sea all Mydel. It shows me as being on the server. It just won't finish loading me and boots me off with a FFXI-3001 error.
    (1)
    Last edited by Mydel; 05-24-2021 at 11:29 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast