Port Jeuno Mog House i think

Party or Solo:
    Solo

NPC Name:
    None

Monster Name:
    None

Steps:
    Logging into FFXI from the password screen, trying to go from POL to in game, and even trying to get through the terms of service to the title screen, I get POL-0011 errors (which I'm sometimes able to get through and play the game), when I am able to get through the errors, I try to log into my main character (Sabishii on Asura), and I get FFXI-3001 error (yesterday I was able to get in briefly, but zoning caused me to disconnect with the FFXI-3001 error). Trying to log into Sabishii, I get a downloading data screen for a bit, before erroring out. I WAS able to log into Reikochan on Asura who's in San d'Oria's mog house, which is a mule I use, but when I log out of that, and try to log into Sabishii again, it gives me errors that the character is still logged in, and to wait. I wait for like 30-60 seconds, and it lets me try to log into Sabishii again, before it errors me out with the FFXI-3001 error.

This started yesterday afternoon (EST).
    (0)

Character
    Kawar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    SE I am also haveing this problem and it started for me 730-8 EST time yesterday and everything about my game seems super slow as well.

AND

the only work around i found for now is a VPN,Someone in my ls even said that i may need to wait till update next month and it should clear up then.

but SE i would like this fixed please I rather the super good speeds from my internet and not need a VPN.

edit

to the OP theres a chance it chould be the ISP I have the same as you and they pushed a signal to me today 11 worked for 2 hours before it went back to this
    (0)
    Last edited by Kawar; 05-20-2021 at 04:58 AM.

Character
    Taali
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I am having the exact same issues as well for this whole week while trying to connect, i can get past the login screen sometimes too, but i get disconnected when zoning in stuck in "Downloading Data". The only work around i could find was using a VPN too, like you said.

I already exhausted all the options with my ISP, even changing my route and portforwarding, so i don't think that's the case, rather i believe it's something related to their servers and this last patch, my friends while doing a tracert to their servers return with several time outs, same results as mine.

I really hope this gets fixed soon cause i can't afford to pay a VPN, myself.
    (0)

Character
    Kawar
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Taali View Post
    I am having the exact same issues as well for this whole week while trying to connect, i can get past the login screen sometimes too, but i get disconnected when zoning in stuck in "Downloading Data". The only work around i could find was using a VPN too, like you said.

I already exhausted all the options with my ISP, even changing my route and portforwarding, so i don't think that's the case, rather i believe it's something related to their servers and this last patch, my friends while doing a tracert to their servers return with several time outs, same results as mine.

I really hope this gets fixed soon cause i can't afford to pay a VPN, myself.
    VPN is free try WINDSCRIBE - (PICK A US SERVER)
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Mudfish is a reasonably reliable VPN and it costs literal pennies to use. I use it to lower ping in certain games and one $2 payment lasts me months to a year or more.

These errors are geneerally backbone internet / datacenter issues. There is little you can do about them but they're generally temporary. Some router somewhere died and made other routers confused.
    (0)

Good morning and thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XI Technical Support Forums.

To prevent repeating previously attempted troubleshooting, what have you tried to alleviate the problem? Does this issue happen when Final Fantasy XI is the only program running?

Thank you for visiting the Final Fantasy XI Technical Support Forums.
    (1)

Character
    Sabishii
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I tried turning off the windows defender firewall, and that fixed nothing. It happens whether I have any programs happening in the background or not. I'm hearing on other forums it's been happening to other people, many with the same ISP (Optimum online). I haven't had connection problems with other online games, maybe it's something between SE and Optimum online?
    (0)

Character
    Sabishii
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I have an update, any character I have that tries to go to port bastok times out. I had a character on the same server, but in bastok markets, I used a home point to try and go to port bastok, and it starts downloading data at a black screen, took forever until I got a FFXI-3001 error.
    (0)

Character
    Botosi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    It is any zone for me. I can't login at all. ISP is Optimum Online. Seems to be affecting many Optimum users.
    (0)

Character
    Worlace
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    I am also having a similar issue. I cannot log in on my main character. However, a second character on the same ID is able to log in and zone freely.

I am also an Optimum user in the Northeast US.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast