Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Blidrock
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 30

"Return Home" free access deactivated six days before scheduled end of event.

Hello! I've been enjoying renewed access to some of my old alt characters since the "Return Home to Vana'diel" event began a few days ago. But after my account was billed tonight, the game suddenly crashed, and when I logged back in, all of the alts I am supposed to have access to for the duration of the event (six more days, according to the website) have been locked, and I am unable to log in on any of them.

I can still log in on the characters I am paying for, but none of the ones that became free for the week of the event are available. This is highly inconvenient, as I was using them to get extra mileage out of the event, as well as to transfer items around.
    (0)

Character
    Haldarn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Could it be that due to a quirk in billing your unpaid for characters have become disassociated with the Square-Enix handle that for whatever reason requires you to manually attach them in POL each time there's a free login campaign?

Can confirm my unpaid characters are still active.
    (0)
    It all began with a stone...

Character
    Blidrock
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 30
    The first thing I tried to do was reattach them but they're all inactive as if there is no event going on, so they aren't available to be linked to a handle.
    (0)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    This happened to me too
    (0)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    It says on the campaign guide page:

"Reactivating an eligible account and resuming payments during the campaign will void campaign eligibility for all characters on the service account."

Source: http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campaign/wcb/
    (0)

Character
    Blidrock
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 30
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    It says on the campaign guide page:

"Reactivating an eligible account and resuming payments during the campaign will void campaign eligibility for all characters on the service account."

Source: http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campaign/wcb/
    I didn't though. I've been subbed for awhile. Nothing got reactivated or resumed during the campaign.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by adamant View Post
    I didn't though. I've been subbed for awhile. Nothing got reactivated or resumed during the campaign.
    If you're already subbed, this campaign does nothing for you. Your mules/alts do not get reactivated.

These campaigns have one purpose and one purpose only: Enticing inactive players to return with some free game time. If you're subbed, this campaign wasn't aimed at you. As far as I know, you weren't supposed to get access to your alts for any amount of time, but paying your sub is likely what caused the access to end since that's stipulated in the campaign rules.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-20-2021 at 04:57 PM.

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    If you're already subbed, this campaign does nothing for you. Your mules/alts do not get reactivated.

These campaigns have one purpose and one purpose only: Enticing inactive players to return with some free game time. If you're subbed, this campaign wasn't aimed at you. As far as I know, you weren't supposed to get access to your alts for any amount of time, but paying your sub is likely what caused the access to end since that's stipulated in the campaign rules.
    This is false, they do get reactivated for currently subbed accounts. Any deactivated mules will be activated during campaign.
    (2)

Character
    Blidrock
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 30
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post

I have been subbed for a few months. The day of the event, my alts became available for free. With all due respect, you don't know what you're talking about, please stop posting.
    (1)

Character
    Haldarn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Aye, my mules (which I don't pay for) all get reactivated every campaign and I've never been unsubbed. Go go gobbiebox!
    (0)
    It all began with a stone...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast