Player

Carbuncle's Dream

Hello, this is my dream list of changes to Summoner, in particular the support aspect of the job, I hope you find these changes enjoyable and acceptable.

Blood Pact: Ward adjustment:
    Summoner support (healing/buffing) is great, but it's still quite slow (20s), specially when we have to switch avatars constantly to buff and heal, the delay reduction from avatar's favor reset every summon, and so we end up with even higher average delay (~25 secs)..One AoE healing every ~25 secs doesn't cut it imo, not to mention using anything between that (like removing debuffs) would further delay it, there is 2 solutions to this:
    1. Split BP:W into 2 types (or more), BP:W Heal & BP:W Buff: This is an ok change but it doesn't entirely solve the issue, we still have to wait ~20 secs between BP:W Heal, as it doesn't matter if BP:W Buff is ready to be used when it's not needed.
    2. BP:W Delay Reduction to 10 seconds! This is the best approach IMO and the easiest to implement, 10 secs delay is perfect, we can spot heal better, do our initial buffs faster and overall make our supporting aspect more responsive to the changing tides of battle!
    Related changes - Merit Adjustment:
    • Avatar Physical Accuracy & Attack grouped together.
    • Avatar Magical Accuracy & Attack grouped together.
    • This will allow room for 2 new merits, one of which I suggest BP:W delay reduction (-2 secs each merit).

New Avatars Support Abilities!
    Cait Sith: Best candidate to receive extra light based support abilities.
    1. Wall (I-II-III): Gives party members within area of effect the actual effects of "Protect" and "Shell", comes with 3 tiers that gives Protect & Shell (I, III and V) respectively, how can we call ourselves support without having access to the most fundamental buffs in the game.
    2. Regenga (I-II): Gives party members within area of effect the effect of "Regen", comes with 2 tiers that gives Regen II & IV respectively, stacks with Carbuncle's favor for a strong regen effect, very good HP buffer in between heals.
    Titan: If Titan is out, the party should feel very safe!
    1. Earthen Ward II: gives higher Stoneskin effect (500) than the previous tier (250), an excellent HP buffer ability.
    2. Breakga: Petrifies enemies within area of effect, a new form of crowd control, as the best way to protect someone is stop others from harming them!
    Diabolos: ...
    1. Noctoshield II: gives higher Phalanx effect (-30) than the previous tier (-13).
    2. Resist Status Ailments Ability: can't find a fancy name for it , but basically a buff that adds a moderate amount of resistance to all status ailments!
    Ifrit: ...
    • Mad Rush: Enhances attack speed (10%), critical hit rate (10%) and regain (10 TP) of party members within area of effect, taken straight from FF VIII & FF X-2 .

I think I'm done.......for now!
    (0)
    Last edited by Lea-Monde; 05-20-2021 at 12:55 AM.

Character
    Jdove
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    All i really want them to do is remove the stupid damage wall they never announced but silently implemented. I'm sure they already have plans for what they are going to do for smn and i doubt they are open to suggestions just speculating tho. I really hope they do something good because as it stands people wont touch smn with a six foot pole in new content they might as well delete it and the 12 other jobs besides whm who can't equip naegling, because thats all people are using these days.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jdove; 05-18-2021 at 04:45 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdove View Post
    All i really want them to do is remove the stupid damage wall they never announced but silently implemented. I'm sure they already have plans for what they are going to do for smn and i doubt they are open to suggestions just speculating tho. I really hope they do something good because as it stands people wont touch smn with a six foot pole in new content they might as well delete it and the 12 other jobs besides whm who can't equip naegling, because thats all people are using these days.
    It's unfortunate yes, but what can we do? Have they ever un-nerfed the previous walls and limitations? for BLM, BST, GEO..etc? No. It's an exercise in futility to keep asking for it, and I decided to just focus on other aspect of the job now.

And yes the Devs do indeed listen to the "other" feedback, this is a topic I made for BST, the next update they fixed the ready timer issue with weapons that plagued the job for years.
    https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/t...e-BST-feedback
    They do take suggestions, just selectively...
    (0)
    Last edited by Lea-Monde; 05-18-2021 at 09:51 AM.

Character
    Vavant
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Just be glad smn didnt get nuetered like bst did but yea as support for smn heal wards take to long waaay to long even with -bp delay
    (0)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    SMN has always been Back up support, never main support. Which is handled by a dedicated Mage job (RDM WHM SCH) To do the things you want, it's more than likely that SMNs Damage output would be reduced to to buff up it's support the way you're suggesting.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by vavant View Post
    Just be glad smn didnt get nuetered like bst did but yea as support for smn heal wards take to long waaay to long even with -bp delay
    Exactly, and if you used any other BP:W, now you have to wait +40 secs between heals...

Quote Originally Posted by Teraniku View Post
    SMN has always been Back up support, never main support. Which is handled by a dedicated Mage job (RDM WHM SCH) To do the things you want, it's more than likely that SMNs Damage output would be reduced to to buff up it's support the way you're suggesting.
    Well that's the idea, making SMN support as useful as it's damage output, similar to other hybrid support jobs like COR, the last update to BP:Ws was in 2015...it's about time!
    (0)