Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1

Idea: Obtain augments as usable items that can be traded or sold to each other?

Hi SE,
    I had an idea earlier about obtaining augments in-game and that could be removed from a piece of an armor and be converted to a usable item (maybe like Aptants?). This could allow someone to obtain a cool augment and possible trade or sell it to another player.

Example: Player gets Refresh+2 augment on Herculean armor, removes the augment as a usable item, and sells it to another player. That player can use it and augment another piece of armor, like Merlinic armor.

This doesn't have to between Gaes Fete armor or Dark Matter augments specifically, but I just thought this would be a neat way to get people interested in unique augments and items that can be bazaar'ed, traded or sold to each other.

Thoughts?
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    That's basically what Evoliths were supposed to do. unfortunately they did basically nothing to that system after releasing it and made it both overcomplicated and useless.
    (1)

Player
    They exist as long term goals for a lot of people, and have been very effective as such. If you could just buy them it would destroy that.

They would not even be worth selling, since they would be dominated by people with 20 accounts and bots.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    They would not even be worth selling, since they would be dominated by people with 20 accounts and bots.
    "Bots would do it" isn't a good reason not to do something. Because the bots should be dealt with regardless of contents they might do.
    (0)

Character
    Haldarn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    That's basically what Evoliths were supposed to do. unfortunately they did basically nothing to that system after releasing it and made it both overcomplicated and useless.
    I thought Evolith was a great concept; an opportunity wasted. Useless for sure, but I think a function of an MMO can be positively overcomplicated because of the number of people working together to understand the system. S-E seem satisfied with the current augment system, but I'd welcome Evoliths being revisited. It would be nice if Evolith were storable and you could easily join it to storable gear, eg have an Evolith Moogle next to the Porter Moogle who stores them to whom you could trade a piece of gear and be given the option (like Atma) to reinfuse previous Materia. I mean Evolith.
    (1)
    It all began with a stone...

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Yes, I'm familiar with the Evolith concept ...but maybe an I-level version that isn't as complicated could be a good thing?

Maybe your simple take an Abjuration to the NPC in North Sandoria and a piece of augmented gear and trade them together to him. You would receive in return your piece of gear (un-augmented) and a useable item that lets you apply the augment to another item, but is also bazaar-able?
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    evoliths shouldn't have had like 10 different kinds of sockets (or whatever) and like maybe 3 things that can go in each kind. also, even at best the effects were really lackluster, with a minute off your 2 hour (at the time) cooldown being pretty much the best thing it offered and that wasn't exactly great either because a few minutes off the super moves really changes nothing.

Apparently SE felt at the time that if we can pick augments, they have to all suck.
    (0)