Character
    Kylos
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

English Proofreading

Dear SquareEnix,

It has become clear over the past year or two that your English proofreading is lacking. As an editor for a news site, I would be happy to offer my editing skills if you are in need. Let's take the latest update notes as an example:

Odyssey has undergone the following aditions and adjustments.

Players can now earn additional mog segments by examining the Otherworldly Vortex in Sheol A, B, or C based on the number of mod segments they have earned during that foray.

Effects of the Moh Amplifier Status
    The amount of reinforcement points earned during battles in Odyssey’s Sheol: Gaol will be increased.

The issue with an incorrect item name.

Pre-adjustment → Post-adjustment
    Gledi’s Greaves → Gledi’s Breeches

The above correction is wrong in both pre-adjustment and post-adjustment. The set is called "Gleti's", not Gledi's.

I would offer editing free of charge, just be sure to contact me and we can arrange something if you desire. Have someone private message me on FFXIah.com if you are unable to do so here. Thank you.
    (6)
    Last edited by Kylos; 05-11-2021 at 04:22 AM.

Character
    Haldarn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Was popping in to mention these. Also:

Speak with Gumbah in Bastok Mintes

Increases range attack damage

Twinned Sword (this is Twinned Blade)

There are half a dozen inconsistent capitalization and punctuation errors too, but eh.
    (2)
    It all began with a stone...

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I, for one, appreciate your volunteering your time for FFXI.

As a software/systems engineer, I would happily spend my free time, making contributions to official FFXI code (and supporting the playonline site as well).

SE, please send me a /tell in game as well, and I'd gladly devote time to this. (I can also share a resume and references as well).
    (2)
    Last edited by Gwydion; 05-11-2021 at 03:59 PM.

Player
    You need to keep in mind this is Square Enix and not whoever works on Everquest or something.

They are not going to ever accept help, need it or not.
    (1)

Character
    Haldarn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I mean they've literally employed people who posted on the forums before, so...
    (1)

Player
    Who?

Regardless, they employed someone that applied for a job more than just hiring someone that posted on a forum.
    (1)

Character
    Haldarn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Zhexos.

I didn't claim they did. You said they'd never accept help, which is a clearly ridiculous statement - I'm sure you see the dozens of bug and localisation reports we've posted over the years which are acted on within a month or two. I was referring to the fact they do sometimes need help, which they advertise through jobs, and have employed people well-known on the forums before. It seems petulant to try and shut down Kylos' post, which has come from a positive and constructive place, just because you have an incorrect preconceived notion.
    (0)

Character
    Kylos
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Did someone really suggest to have my post shut down? Wow. That's funny.

I'm being totally serious though. Those who run this site, if you want someone to proofread your update notes before you post them, reach out to me.
    I will literally do it for nothing. No expense to you. I have no idea how you reach out to people here, but I already told you how you can without giving
    out an email address on a public forum.
    (0)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I think what that person said is true. They are a big corporation, and it would look very bad if they accepted some random persons help for their MMO in a mainline Final Fantasy game. Although it seems they don't feel shame in rushing out half-arsed edited update notes and a drip in content for their own game... Sad.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylos View Post
    Did someone really suggest to have my post shut down? Wow. That's funny.

I'm being totally serious though. Those who run this site, if you want someone to proofread your update notes before you post them, reach out to me.
    I will literally do it for nothing. No expense to you. I have no idea how you reach out to people here, but I already told you how you can without giving
    out an email address on a public forum.
    Fire a tweet at Koji Fox. I realize he's the FFXIV loc lead, but he might be able to tell you who you could contact if you really want to help that much.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast