Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player

Forced character display to post should be dropped.

This has annoyed me and many others for a long time, ever since this was added to the official forums. Many people simply refuse to post here, of those that do some just pay for an alt. Myself included. There are tens of thousands of people playing FFXI and a few handful that post here regularly.

In a time when people can't just let things go and think they have the right to argue with you everywhere else because of something said on a forum somewhere, having an official forum for a product we pay for force us to display our game characters is a stupid decision.

There is no valid reason for us to be forced to display an active character to post on a forum our sub pays for. I have no issue with having to link an active character to the account to be able to post, but we should not be forced to publicly display it to all.

I'm personally not going to pay $1 a month anymore just to post here.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The forums are here for current players. It's as simple as that. If you're not a current player, this forum isn't for you.

There is really no reason to object to having to select a character other than you've done something bad and have something to hide. Any honest player will not be harmed by having their posts associated with who they are in game.

I personally have never had anyone harass me or anything like that in game for anything I've posted here or vice versa. What are you afraid of? I have more posts than most of the of the other forum users combined and some of my posts and threads have bene pretty infamous. But not once has that ever hurt me in game (or vice versa). I own up to and answer everything I say. If anything, requiring people to use a character to post on the forums keeps people honest. Of course, it would be more true if people weren't allowed to use level 1 alts/jobs.

I agree, you shouldn't pay $1 to hide your identity. You should not pay it, and use your actual character. We aren't talking about your real life identity here, we're talking about a persona already.

Come at me bro, literally. Come on to Shiva and hunt me down to say mean things to me. I have nothing to hide, why do you?
    <------- That is me, and always has been since day 1 of the game being available in the US.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-11-2021 at 08:05 AM.

Character
    Haldarn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I'd prefer if they just made additional characters free, up to a certain number per server, like we have in FFXIV.

Or one free character per server at the least.

Are the concerns about doing so only around botters? Or is the cash they receive for active mules really so high?

edit: One free character per server could even be a good idea to help those seemingly tied to Asura understand that not all of the other servers are as 'dead' as some people would have you believe.
    (1)
    Last edited by Haldarn; 05-11-2021 at 10:32 PM.
    It all began with a stone...

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Haldarn View Post
    I'd prefer if they just made additional characters free, up to a certain number per server, like we have in FFXIV.

Or one free character per server at the least.

Are the concerns about doing so only around botters? Or is the cash they receive for active mules really so high?

edit: One free character per server could even be a good idea to help those seemingly tied to Asura understand that not all of the other servers are as 'dead' as some people would have you believe.
    I mean don't get me wrong, I've always felt the extra fee for every additional character was dumb. My issue is Pixela's motive for the suggestion being the fact he's paying for anonymity on the forums, which is also dumb and something nobody here really should have any reason to do.
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    10-day suspension was pretty a long time. Not your fault but wouldn't be more annoying if you just keep creating too many new threads that don't interest us?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    10-day suspension was pretty a long time. Not your fault but wouldn't be more annoying if you just keep creating too many new threads that don't interest us?
    If you don't want to get suspended, don't do stupid things.
    (1)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    That's not the point but okay.

Tragic, isn't it?
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Well, if you don't do stupid things, you shouldn't need to be paying extra to hide behind a mule on the forums.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    That's not the point but okay.

Tragic, isn't it?
    I have zero idea what you're talking about. if you want to talk to people try to be more clear what you're trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Well, if you don't do stupid things, you shouldn't need to be paying extra to hide behind a mule on the forums.
    It has nothing to do with doing stupid things (I'm not the one posting admittance of botting on official forums) and everything to do with wanting to keep things separate, it's ok though I'm well aware you lack the ability to see anything from any point of view but your own.

Let me suggest you do this:

Post your facebook page, post your twitter account, post your steam account. You have nothing to hide right, so why not?

Obviously you should not do these things and should keep them all separate.

The only difference between you and me is that you draw the line of your privacy in a different place.
    (1)
    Last edited by Pixela; 05-15-2021 at 07:26 AM.

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I have zero idea what you're talking about. if you want to talk to people try to be more clear what you're trying to say.
    Sorry I don't mean to be rude but that's because you are from the UK so you kind of a person who has zero idea. I don't accept that.

Imagine interpreting the speech of Matsui and Fujito in every digest video? My eyes could get sore. Those SE staff are just a Japanese translator (not an interpreter which is a lot harder). I am sure they can figure out my grammar fine.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast