Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Haldarn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    I am sorry. I didn't mean any high demands they post on Facebook. For reactions, it's easier to see who like your post (FFXIAH for an example). This forum is very old and has too many twins I know.
    Ah, then I agree. Though in terms of FFXI forums, I think this one's still the newest of the lot
    (0)
    It all began with a stone...

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Because this is what I want, this is the only answer required.
    "I have something to hide"

You made my point. You fear vindictive action to something stupid you said/did either in game or here.

Ultimately, there's nothing wrong with SE's forum policy for honest players. The only people it hurts are people who probably have done something wrong.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-16-2021 at 02:58 AM.

Player
    There is no valid reason for it to be the way it is (feel free to give one), and all it actually does is lower participation. They can easily have character linking on this forum and keep the name hidden to the public, if the intention is to just make sure active players can post.

I reiterate, there is no reason for it to be the way it is and it is partially responsible for less of the tens of thousands of players posting on the forum. Ultimately we bypass it anyway, so even if we did "have something to hide" it's easy to work around. The point I'm making is that we should not have to just to give them feedback or suggestions.

There are so few people that post on this forum, that just a few examples prove my point that it is an issue.

Other than myself, that use a level 99 alt (and I'm not alone in this btw, so a level 1 isn't always a sign).

Here is someone else that uses an alt:

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/t...-to-each-other

Here is another:

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/t...F%BC%9F/page89

I could go on, the point is that there are a lot of people that do not like this and most of them refuse to post here at all because of it.

If you have a feature on your forum, that people have an issue with and that has no positive benefits you need to re-evaluate that system. This is not a feature the developers added, this is something the community team can turn on and off and as such the English speaking community team that are reading these posts are the ones responsible for it being as it is and can change it.

On FF14 this is less of an issue, because people get free alts. Every alt on FFXI is paid, as such this is far more unacceptable here than on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    "I have something to hide"
    Not at all, but you are free to think whatever you like.

Once free access ends, so will my alt so that will be one less person posting on the forum that already has very few posters already.

If you wish to defend a feature that has no positive benefits, that will directly lead to less people posting then you do you. Ultimately, posters are content creators and so less posters equal less content to interact with.
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Haldarn View Post
    Ah, then I agree. Though in terms of FFXI forums, I think this one's still the newest of the lot
    That's me! Another Pixela. Aren't we look alike?

This is kinda off-topic (bleh another thread that will never happen only just to cause us an endless argument).

Yep, between me and SE this is not normal yet hilarious when we are bored. It was more like "shh. Don't tell, just read my body language in the game." That has been going on for almost two years. Shall they continue then? They have their rules they must follow and we have our rules we must follow. I think they were glazing at me the whole time during my suspension until this thread created. What a perfect time, indeed! I let SE to take the credibility for all the actions they committed. Yup! SE themselves couldn't imagine why anyone would be so rude to me.

I mean, you'd think SE don't read this forum at all? I think they do but they just don't talk that much. We often read their words on both Facebook and Twitter.

Three important SE staff I know: Okieeomi, she is just a Japanese translator I think? Pixela could be right because I am more a dog person but she loves cats. Is she an experienced FFXIV player? Zhexos, he is more a web designer. He can help with this community if needed. Sicycre, she is a Twitch streamer. Like I wish I knew what she was talking about. She seems has more experience than anyone at SE. I am not sure about forum moderators. Maybe, some could be them too! I don't know. They are hiding too!
    (0)
    Last edited by Zehira; 05-16-2021 at 08:29 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    There is no valid reason for it to be the way it is (feel free to give one),
    already gave plenty. It keeps the forums honest, when people aren't using mules. As noted, the weight of the words of someone who is willing to have their words attributed to themselves is a lot stronger in my eyes.

It helps people find friends on the forums and in game. As I said before, many people have thanked me or followed up on forum threads because they were able to tell who I was.

I have never seen this feature used maliciously by anyone. There is virtually zero harm potential from using your ingame name on the forum, unless you're the sort of person who likes to cause disruption in the game world / cheat / just generally be a jerk. i.e. people who have something to hide because they already have a poor reputation. Ultimately, you claim otherwise, but if you refuse to associate your forum self with your ingame self, it will always and forever look shady to others.

There's certainly a share of ppl on this forum who don't care for me. Have they ever come after me in game? no. There is no reason for me to mask my identity. And as to "seperating things," As far as I'm concerned the forums are part of the game, because only players of the game can post on it. So i see no reason why i should seperate them or why people should even be allowed to.

If you wish to defend a feature that has no positive benefits, that will directly lead to less people posting then you do you. Ultimately, posters are content creators and so less posters equal less content to interact with.
    it has many positive benefits. I'm sorry you can't see them no matter how much I list them, but it's clear we will never find an agreement on this topic.

Because you seek anonymity from your ingame character I have no reason to trust anything you say. It detracts from your credibility.

This is entirely different from your examples like social media platforms, which are entirely seperate from this game and its forums already, and are also often attributable to a real life person. The forums are only available to post on for players and players alone. There is no valid reason to want to "seperate" it.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-16-2021 at 02:46 PM.

Player
    One moment you say people won't bother you in the game because of a forum association, the next moment you say they do and that's a plus. You do mental gymnastics and goto polar opposites to be argue against someone. I've talked to you on here enough to know how you operate so was well aware of the futility of trying to have a proper conversation with you.

The reason I was responding to you knowing how you conduct yourself, wasn't to change your mind it was to try and make a case to the community staff that read the posts. Since I cannot talk to them directly, I have to try do so via you.

There are many people that post from alts on this forum right now, there are many people that refuse to post here because of forced character linking. This is a failure, not only are people bypassing it but they are refusing to interact because of it.

The point of this forum is to get customer feedback on your product, the system you have in place stops people wanting to use it.
    (1)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    One moment you say people won't bother you in the game because of a forum association, the next moment you say they do and that's a plus. You do mental gymnastics and goto polar opposites to be argue against someone. I've talked to you on here enough to know how you operate so was well aware of the futility of trying to have a proper conversation with you.

The reason I was responding to you knowing how you conduct yourself, wasn't to change your mind it was to try and make a case to the community staff that read the posts. Since I cannot talk to them directly, I have to try do so via you.
    Not at all, no one hurts me just because of my actual name. Yes, people know me, some GMs from a private server (I don't play) know me too. Still, they haven't said anything to me based on what I posted here. What would be more harmful? Personal attacks such as pointing out bots they don't know and other things.

All I can do is to respect the community staff. I was trying to bring them back here with all my heart to communicate with us. When they did, you sounded like a mean poster to me. No offense. They could have moved on to play FFXIV more.

There are many people that post from alts on this forum right now, there are many people that refuse to post here because of forced character linking. This is a failure, not only are people bypassing it but they are refusing to interact because of it.
    Many people don't post here have nothing to do with alts or forced character display. If some are, they are shy. Moreover, it has something to do with between you and Alhanelem. I am not on either of your sides, I am just being rational. Yes Alhanelem has been posting a lot. I mean he almost could be punished someday but you definitely screwed up by attacking the community staff in my point of view. There's no turning back now. Live with it, unfortunately.

If you want to encourage more players to read here, all you can do is to post a link on Facebook, Twitter, Discord, etc. just let them know they can just hit the "like" button and carry on without forcing them to post.

I was once told on discord, "Do people still use the official forums? That's news to me."

The point of this forum is to get customer feedback on your product, the system you have in place stops people wanting to use it.
    I take it you have never visited the official FFXIV forum but better feedback the community staff can get is to visit the FFXIAH forum. I have suggested them to do it a long time ago.

Out of all, you can not speak for everyone you know that? All you need to do is just be yourself.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The reason I was responding to you knowing how you conduct yourself, wasn't to change your mind it was to try and make a case to the community staff that read the posts.
    I know that's what you're trying to do, and knowing how you conduct yourself, I am making a case to refute yours.The only reason not to use a real character for the forums is because you engage in shady business. Your argument about separating things doesn't hold water. The forums are for players only, thus it is perfectly reasonable for it to be connected with the game and for your active character to be used. Honestly they should just show the last character you logged in with. Then you'd only have posters here who are willing to own up to the words they type.

There are many people that post from alts on this forum right now, there are many people that refuse to post here because of forced character linking
    And I think this is a good thing. Everyone who posts here with their actual characters are people who stand by their words and are willing to own them. If one is not willing to do that, then they honestly shouldn't post regardless. I firmly believe that the general standard of behavior here would be lower than it is if there was no connection with the game.

Aside from that, there are plenty of other communities that people who can't handle their already anonymous aliases being used on an official forum can post/troll in. This forum is for the benefit of SE as much as it is for anyone else, and I'm sure they expect the feedback to be better quality when they require this connection to the game. It's totally fine t hat not a lot of people post here. Jumping through the needed hoops to post here tells me that the poster is invested in their feedback and cares about it / believes in it.

Finally, a *lot* of players lurk here without ever posting. That doesn't mean they're mad about character linking, the only thing it clearly tells us is t hey like to read but don't have much to say themselves.
    (0)

9. 05-18-2021 08:52 AM

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3