Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    and everything to do with wanting to keep things separate,
    What reason is there to "keep things seperate?"

I mean, really. If you are an honest player, nothing you say on the forums is going to hurt you in game or vice versa. In fact, more often than not it's helpful, more than once over the years I've had people ask me questions or thank me for something I posted on the forums because they only read the forums and don't post.

There is no good reason to mask your in-game identity on the forums. I mean, it's already a persona, it's not like we're asking you to use your real life name. The only reason to do what you're doing is to prevent people from calling you out for doing something wrong in game.

Post your facebook page, post your twitter account, post your steam account. You have nothing to hide right, so why not?

Obviously you should not do these things and should keep them all separate.
    The difference is something like facebook is attributable to my real life. It's totally different here, where you're using a persona of a persona. I keep it seperate because it's not connected in any way to what's going on here. But if I had a reason to direct someone there, I would share it because it's relevant in that situation. Again, I don't have anything to hide. If I have an actual reason to send people to my social media, I will. But I'm not just going to say "here's my facebook" without any context lol.

The forums are connected to the game by SE. You have to be a player of the game to post Thus, there is no reason to seperate the forums from the game. Again unless you do bad things in game and have something to hide, there is no reason not to use your real character. There is nobody here that doesn't have a character in the game. This forum is an extension of the game itself, it just provides a place to discuss stuff without having to spend 5 minutes firing the game itself up when you're not in the mood to actually play.

I've used it the entire time these forums have existed and it hasn't harmed me in any way. I am generally suspicious of anyone who does not use their main character here, I consider anyone who does this to be potentially an unscrupulous player who might do wrong things in game and doesn't want anyone to call them out for it (Which is against the rules anyway, so in practice it shouldn't actually happen)

I will take the word of a player on these forums who isn't hiding who they are in game over one who is.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-15-2021 at 11:04 AM.

Player
    What reason is there to "keep things seperate?"
    Because this is what I want, this is the only answer required.
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Because this is what I want, this is the only answer required.
    Dear Pixela or whoever you are on Asura (even I suspected something said in /yell and for sure most of us are hiding),

Please allow me to introduce myself something a little on this thread.

I have played with my old 3 deaf Tarutaru friends from the UK (originally on Pandemonium) more than a decade ago. Remember I have posted the several PS2 screenshots on a thread somewhere? Yeah, that's them. While we all speak the same language, we can not communicate ourselves in our sign languages (video-to-video chat; ASL and BSL). Sadly, that deaf lady can't speak English properly. I spent a lot of my time teaching her more vocab about things. For some reason, FFXIV totally separated us when they officially got their EU servers. That's what I learned so much I have more rights than those deaf people in the UK and that's for sure.

Zehira is Zehira, that's who I am. Yes, I posted a lot on this forum and no one hurts me. Even some of members from my LS (over 150 members because discord said so) have read my posts try to kidnap me to do something. <3

Meanwhile, she couldn't stop thinking of me.
    (1)
    Last edited by Zehira; 05-15-2021 at 05:02 PM.

Player
    I post on this forum to have some input into the development of the game, nothing else.
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I post on this forum to have some input into the development of the game, nothing else.
    Then it's not okay to create a new thread targeting Square Enix staff. You have to have a debate with your fellow adventurers, nothing else.
    (1)
    Last edited by Zehira; 05-15-2021 at 11:44 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    Then it's not okay creating a new thread targeting Square Enix staff. You have to have a debate with your fellow adventurers, nothing else.
    Your posts make no sense, not sure if you're trolling with incoherent babble on purpose or if you're trying to say something useful and just can't bring it forward because English isn't your first language. Whatever the case, I don't know what you're trying to say and so I'm not going to waste any more time trying to puzzle it out.
    (2)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I'm not going to waste any more time trying to puzzle it out.
    It's simple... We got 300 blacklist for no reason.
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Awesome random posts on Facebook, SE.

If I stop posting here, are you gonna regret it? But of course, Facebook has a better "reaction" feature. More free thinkers there than here. lol
    (0)

Character
    Haldarn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    More free thinkers there than here. lol
    Those 'free thinkers' are the ones that repeatedly clamour for a 75 cap server and an HD relaunch on console? Don't see many other reactions to SE's FFXI Facebook posts.
    (0)
    It all began with a stone...

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Haldarn View Post
    Those 'free thinkers' are the ones that repeatedly clamour for a 75 cap server and an HD relaunch on console? Don't see many other reactions to SE's FFXI Facebook posts.
    I am sorry. I didn't mean any high demands they post on Facebook. For reactions, it's easier to see who like your post (FFXIAH for an example). This forum is very old and has too many twins I know.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast