Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Clifzayne
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 87

Too many BOTs, too many RMTs, too many PL-service sellers. we need these banned.NOW

Look, I just want to have my formal complaint go out to FFXI/Square Enix. Before I start, though, I want to say this. I love this game. I enjoy the storyline and the vast amount of things it offers for me to do and keeps me entertained. It has been one of my favorite MMORPGs all time. I have spent a lot of money on this game, through the months of membership I've forked over cash for, compared to many of the other games out there that require no upkeep. But, at the time, it had been worth it.
    Recently, I returned to this game to see some changes I really don't like. I saw spam botters, RMTs, and rule breaker spam everywhere. In chat all day. 24/7. Spamming yell chat in every city. "Plevel" for such and such a zone. Selling services to help beat such and such a boss. For job point/xp gains. Why do we have this? And why so much and in such high concentration? I mean, I pay $20+ a month. Where is my money going to? Isn't there suppose to be some type of controls on this? Yet, here I am looking at a screen of spam, with perhaps 1 in 3 yells being a normal person with a message I want to see. The rest of it is likely some person living in a foreign country, selling gaming services for gil so that they can use that gil on a website somewhere to sell for money to some foolish and gullible adventurer who is too lazy to do the work themselves. I'm sick of looking at screens of spam. I'm sick of reporting all these people only to see nothing done about it. Day. after. day. Coming back to the same spam the next day. then the next.
    In addition to this. I go to places like Sky to harvest crystals only to be met with a crystal farming bot at pretty much every elemental spawn location. Sometimes I saw more than 1 crystal farming bot at a single location. I would follow them. I would watch their movement and behavior. They neither responded to my chat, my waving. They were more often than not /anon, as well. They had the exact same (or very similar pattern) of movement as they traversed Sky. I would know they were bots, when through a 30 minute period of me camping a certain element, a bot and it's trusts would return to my camped elementals every 5 minutes...even though each time I had killed them all. They neither responded to me, nor acknowledged me...just passed by me using the exact same pathing as they did the last time. On a rare occasion, they managed to find an elemental spawn before I did and would attack and kill it. Again, not acknowledging me an any way. Only to continue their movement pattern all over.
    You need to know, for a player like me--this is very frustrating. I've reported numerous times your spamming RMTs and players breaking rules (spamming services related to Pleveling is against your code of conduct, is it not?) Yet, here I am weeks later only to see all these bots still interrupting and frustrating my gameplay. All these RMTs and cheaters spamming yell chat...and me wondering if you folks over at SE give a damn about your customers.
    I'm highly considering quitting this game. And in fact, I've already cancelled service. I would highly suggest for you to consider my plea and work harder to deal with your huge problem with bots and spammers. I had a discussion with my linkshell, and they also talked about many other places with bots (places I never visited, so I could not verify). People pay you a large amount of money each month for a game they expect to have--at least to some extent--monitored by people in charge to keep a tight reign on bots and other irritations to players. I mean, after all--what am I paying my $20 a month for? You haven't come up with any new DLC in ages. Surely, the least you could do is keep your game cleaned up a bit of all these annoyances, can you not? But you aren't even willing to do that. So my plea is this. You will be losing customers by neglecting your responsibilities to your game we pay a nice chunk for each month. I will not continue to feed you $20 a month when I feel the people in charge of the game don't care enough about their customers to monitor and deal with the problem of bots and spammers that FFXI has. I would suggest it sooner than later. It will not be long before you lose my business. I will not keep logging in to a screen full of RMT spammers or a trip to Sky where I have to compete for crystals with a bot. It just makes this game more frustrating than it is worth.

Here are some of the names of players I've blisted because they were RMT spamming, botting, or otherwise. I have no idea which is which, but they all warrant an investigation: moonquakea
    mmozzskdlkasdma
    ebryrr
    djjjdmm
    maguo
    ouzo
    maaaat
    nnmm
    dhozzb
    nohonh
    wakakae
    feeoo
    dhooz
    wakakav
    kyniker
    pplma
    vipskyexp
    kooro
    waryd
    nohohv
    lokaloka
    nohohy
    maaaata
    kimerzzc
    nohohx
    fudue
    dizzybulll
    rehh
    djjdmmm
    dhpoz
    kingshuyang
    keeooo
    mergis
    poomoo
    ebryrr
    expexpeexp
    jpsell
    yooh
    maguo
    nohohn
    fudua
    nnmm
    kimerz
    djjjdmm
    moonquakes
    yanhoo
    quzo
    feeoo
    vipexp
    yaapi
    vipple
    fehound
    nohohp
    yyxx
    pplma
    kooro
    feeooo
    blkuyfvb
    aavaa
    mikrokosmos
    jimimia
    wakakat
    ebryra
    blkuyfv
    wakaat
    rehh
    nohohv
    nmnn
    kerzzc
    dhpoz
    vipexps
    vvxx
    uxux
    yezi
    moliya
    nohob
    loredana
    yooh
    yaapi
    fudua
    vippl
    kooro
    wwyyxx
    irohani
    ruchubachuba

NOTE: and this list is not all inclusive--it was just 3 of my 8 character's blist. I'm too lazy to log into all my characters and have to list every one.
    (3)
    Last edited by twipler; 05-05-2021 at 09:06 PM.

Character
    Haldarn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    It's not that I don't sympathize with all that you've said, but have you considered our Lord and Saviour Server Transfer off Asura?
    (2)
    It all began with a stone...

Character
    Clifzayne
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 87
    What? leave to a dead server, so I will find no people to group with, unable to sell items on GE or otherwise? No, I came from Odin and left because I wanted a populated server. I already had the experience of being on a low population server.
    (1)

Character
    Clifzayne
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 87
    But this still doesn't solve the problem. If the server I was on started becoming populated, bots would just start showing up there. The problem won't change unless upper management does their part.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by twipler View Post
    What? leave to a dead server, so I will find no people to group with, unable to sell items on GE or otherwise? No, I came from Odin and left because I wanted a populated server. I already had the experience of being on a low population server.
    There are no "dead" servers. You can find people to play with on any of them if you know where to look.

You seem really frustrated with botters. We offered you a solution. There is a lot less of it on other servers, even the next-biggest ones. I'm on Shiva. I have no problem selling stuff. I have no problem playing with other people. Asura is not "populated," it's over-populated. And with that over population comes a surplus of botters, cheaters and RMT, because like you, they went to where the most people are. You could not pay me to transfer to Asura. When I came back on Shiva after a long break, linkshells were practically pouncing on me, that's how excited they were to see a returning player.

You need to understand that bigger population does not automatically equal better. High pop servers have their own problems. You need to decide which problem is worse to you. Taking longer to find people to play with, or having RMT bots making the /yell channel unusable and getting in the way of doing some contents at all.

Also, by joining a smaller server, you're helping to make that server bigger, and therefore make a lot of other player's experiences better. It is much better that the servers have balanced populations rather than two or three having 80% of the population.
    (3)

Character
    Clifzayne
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 87
    why are we making excuses for this company? I pay plenty of money each month to this game--a lot more than many of these other F2P options (which aren't as good of games, but that's not the point). They have produced no additional expansions, yet they keep sucking me dry each month. Do I love the game itself? Yes. But I expect them to do their part and deal with bots. They aren't doing it. I'm not going to make excuses for them because of server populations. Stop being a doormat to this game.
    (2)

Character
    Clifzayne
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 87
    while in theory what you say sounds reasonable. But the reality is, they've been closing servers because of the waning population (and I have no doubt that part of it is because of this botting they are doing nothing about). So you're expecting me to do the charitable thing and join a low population so that I can help balance it out? I can guarantee you no one will follow me. That's just not going to happen. And back to the point before, once a server starts to populate, then the bots will start swarming. As long as they do nothing, then the bots and RMTs will just swarm to where the people are. Not like they care. Their paycheck is where the people are.
    (0)

But the reality is, they've been closing servers because of the waning population
    That's not the reality. They haven't closed any servers in 10 years.
    (2)
    It's your server.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    why are we making excuses for this company? I pay plenty of money each month to this game--a lot more than many of these other F2P options (which aren't as good of games, but that's not the point). They have produced no additional expansions, yet they keep sucking me dry each month. Do I love the game itself? Yes. But I expect them to do their part and deal with bots. They aren't doing it. I'm not going to make excuses for them because of server populations. Stop being a doormat to this game.
    I mean, we're not making excuses.. I'm just offering you some control over your experience. We all want SE to deal with the botting/cheating/etc.

The only other way to reduce the impact of this, besides switching servers, is to speak with your wallet and unsubscribe.

Also, name-shaming is against the rules of this forum, so you might want to delete that list of names from your post, and send them to the STF instead.

they've been closing servers because of the waning population
    The poster above already covered this, but we've had the same number of servers for over a decade. This has not been a regularly occurring thing. And most likely, it's going ot stay this way for a while still.

I can guarantee you no one will follow me.
    On the contrary, i've seen multiple people switching off Asura as the botting situation has continued to escalate. This is a problem that mostly only exists on Asura. It's not even as bad on the most popular server for JP players from what i've been able to discern.

If you know where to look, you can find people to play with on any server. Not being on the biggest one doesn't have to mean not being able to do stuff.
    (2)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-06-2021 at 11:40 AM.

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I mean, we're not making excuses.. I'm just offering you some control over your experience. We all want SE to deal with the botting/cheating/etc.

The only other way to reduce the impact of this, besides switching servers, is to speak with your wallet and unsubscribe.

Also, name-shaming is against the rules of this forum, so you might want to delete that list of names from your post, and send them to the STF instead.
    The poster above already covered this, but we've had the same number of servers for over a decade. This has not been a regularly occurring thing. And most likely, it's going ot stay this way for a while still.

On the contrary, i've seen multiple people switching off Asura as the botting situation has continued to escalate. This is a problem that mostly only exists on Asura. It's not even as bad on the most popular server for JP players from what i've been able to discern.

If you know where to look, you can find people to play with on any server. Not being on the biggest one doesn't have to mean not being able to do stuff.
    I don't agree with the last part. I've seen 1 shout in 24 hours on a low population server and it's pretty terrible.
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast