Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Undercutting,
    Tired of people complaining about undercutting. It's part of supply and demand. Yes, FFXI's system kind of facilitates it, but it will happen in any game with any form of trading or exchange between players. Stuff is worth what people are willing to pay for it.
    If people list stuff for sale and it's not selling, they lower the price to entice a buyer until it sells. That's how capitalism and supply and demand work. If you list sometihng and it sells quickly,the price will rise because the demand is exceeding the supply.

People actually complain about this even more in FFXIV where you can see all the listings and their prices. people will go "why cant u just go 1 gil below so the price doesnt drop". That's not how it works, even if somebody does that, someone else wont because they're impatient and they want a sale, and a 1 gil savings isn't going to entice someone to buy something they're on the fence about (Also, the fee can vary depending on where the selling retainer is located, so a slightly cheaper item can cost more depending on the buyer's location). Supply exceeds demand, you have to lower the price. Demand exceeds supply, you raise the price. Ideally you achieve equilibrium but since supply and demand are always changing, it isn't realistically possible. The only thing you can ddo if someone undercuts you is you undercut them.

You can't have a free market economy without undercutting.
    (0)

Character
    Ubizah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    it's not simply undercutting. It's the fact that you can place an item for 1g and have it sell for whatever the person pays.

It should not work that way. If there are 100 items up at 1m and 1 item up at 1g but a person pays 1.1m it should go to the most appropriate seller, not the lowest seller. It encourages scumbags.

You should "bid" your amount, but if a seller is selling for less than your "bid" the seller should only get what they placed it for. They placed it for 1g they should only get 1g regardless what you offered to buy it for.
    (1)
    Last edited by Uriah; 12-10-2022 at 11:10 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'm not saying it's not a flawed system (as i said, the system facilitates it to a degree), I'm just saying it's a reality of any free market economy. Frankly I think the fault in your scenario lies with the people who don't try lower amounts after looking at the sales history. I always try smaller amounts. You might get that 1 g seller or at least save a k or two. And then, well it sucks to be the person who listed the item for too cheap who bet on that not happening.
    (1)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    And then, well it sucks to be the person who listed the item for too cheap who bet on that not happening.
    That's because that there is so much gil in circulation (obtained from dubious ways most likely) that some people just don't care and bid 10k for say a stack of Earth Crystals (which are 3k) because they can't be bothered to check history, because they dont need to.
    (0)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    That's because that there is so much gil in circulation (obtained from dubious ways most likely) that some people just don't care and bid 10k for say a stack of Earth Crystals (which are 3k) because they can't be bothered to check history, because they dont need to.
    I mean if that was true, everything would cost like 100k now, even the most common junk.
    (0)

Character
    Waterdust
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Haldarn View Post
    It's not that I don't sympathize with all that you've said, but have you considered our Lord and Saviour Server Transfer off Asura?
    Oh wow.. another elitist serving the empire of "get gud" on Asura >.>

Another player who simps for rmt I'll bet, someone should look into his inbox transactions an scour the account registry for ties to shady char names like skjbgksjdbgs.

Rise up loyal players, rise an fight these cheaters. Send them back to the abyss where they belong.
    (0)
    Signed,

Prof. Farnsworth:
    That proves nothing! And furthermore, you'd think I could remember a thing like that!
    Plus, who are you anyway?

Player
    well... chiming in on OP says, I've been enjoying my stay over Bahamut, which is place for ppl to hang over from the stress that is Asura, though we've also been plagued by bots as well, but always still has room for us regular players to grind stuff. Probably another thought to decide using transfer system, especially since many Asura survivors we met generally felt alot of gratitudes after breathing the cleaner air that is Bahamut.
    (0)

Character
    Waterdust
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbinT View Post
    well... chiming in on OP says, I've been enjoying my stay over Bahamut, which is place for ppl to hang over from the stress that is Asura, though we've also been plagued by bots as well, but always still has room for us regular players to grind stuff. Probably another thought to decide using transfer system, especially since many Asura survivors we met generally felt alot of gratitudes after breathing the cleaner air that is Bahamut.
    For once a post that isn't one of the troll brigade. -> Alhanelem, Sirmarki, Sp1cyryan.

I hear your idea, an raise you a yagudo drink. However.. I do not think its time to abandon my server just yet. More of us need to unite against the elitist & rmt threat so that the game might be saved from what is (to me) clearly a large volume of CoD players who think their attitude is welcome everywhere they go like rude jocks at a dinner they think they own just because they walked in the door.

They need to be taught some manners. Press on the vote to remove this trash from the game! /cheer
    (0)
    Signed,

Prof. Farnsworth:
    That proves nothing! And furthermore, you'd think I could remember a thing like that!
    Plus, who are you anyway?

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Auriga View Post
    For once a post that isn't one of the troll brigade. -> Alhanelem, Sirmarki, Sp1cyryan.
    What?.....
    (0)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    What?.....
    I don't get it either. This guy comes and posts on a forum accessible to the entire FFXI community and gets mad that anyone has anything to say- apparently in the belief that because feedback is given here, no one is allowed to comment but SE, looking for official posts when it's been quite literally years since we've gotten much more than major news posts (i.e. the digest, version update notices, etc) here.

And apparently merely posting in this person's presence constitutes a "flame war."
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast