Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Dear BST the vanilla kitty. You may call me the Captain Meow!

Your money you paid for the world transfer, you'd think SE would take an action? Let me tell you something. Before you did that, I also paid to reactivate my another account and I paid about two times more than the cost of world transfer. I wanted to be clear because many players seem don't understand. They just be like "wait... did someone report my post?" No, not really. Our money did. It is clear that SE only follow money over rules so as long as we are not RMT or fraudsters, therefore, our money actually manipulating SE. I know because I have done that several times before. We just get out and work to earn money and put money into their pockets just let them to be happy staff.

I am a dual-boxer for 6 years and I still find it more effective than playing only one.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    If you are using the same Tool to do as you say, that also allows manipulation of certain game mechanics for example, yes, you do know about that, thus you condone it.
    Having tools doesn't mean I'm doing those things, and it doesn't mean anyone else is either. Thank you for lumping me with my phsyical limitations in with actual cheaters. That's really classy of you.

You're also telling me people with physical limitations and disabilities shouldn't be allowed to play, with the logic that anything that could be used as a weapon therefore must be no matter what the actual intentions of the user are. You're telling me that a pen is a weapon and should be treated as such even though the primary purpose of a pen is writing on things, just because you could stab someone with a pen.

Also, "tool" is not a proper noun and isn't supposed to be capitalized.

I do not condone cheating, n o matter how much you try to spin it. Making the game accessible to me does not give me an advantage over you, nor does it mean I approve of people using or doing things that do give them an advantage.

I know you think you're getting away with something posting this here but I would suggest you stop pushing it, the way this works is a year form now someone will read this and decide to investigate you for your posts (and maybe also your 14 account which is linked to it from your IP because the same GMs work on both games). Why are you even taking the risk by posting this on official forums? This is like putting a time bomb in your own car.
    SE treats FFXI and FFXIV and also their associated forums as seperate. Getting in trouble in one doesn't automatically get you punished in the other. Action is taken against individual forum or service accounts.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 04-30-2021 at 05:32 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    SE treats FFXI and FFXIV and also their associated forums as seperate. Getting in trouble in one doesn't automatically get you punished in the other. Action is taken against individual forum or service accounts.
    This is true however the exact same staff police both games, if nothing else they could take a look at the other account on the off-chance someone that does stupid stuff one one might be doing stupid stuff on the other.
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    This is true however the exact same staff police both games, if nothing else they could take a look at the other account on the off-chance someone that does stupid stuff one one might be doing stupid stuff on the other.
    FFXIV forum was so dramatic back in 2013 that got us banned. However, today is different. We have like the new staff hired.

I swear people from the UK are so weird but thank you for trying to take care of me. I am not trying to bring up politics but now under our new presidential admin, they are giving Deaf people and women more rights.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zehira; 05-01-2021 at 03:24 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    It's techniclaly possible as you are correct about how things are managed, but thus far I've not seen any sign that they take behavior on one into account when choosing actions to take on the other. I was banned from the FFXIV forums ages ago for an honest mistake I regretted, and to this day they won't consider giving me access again. But yet, I am still free to post here and I've seen no sign of them judging me based on actions on the other forum.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    FFXIV forum was so dramatic back in 2013 that got us banned. However, today is different. We have like the new staff hired.

I swear people from the UK are so weird but thank you for trying to take care of me. I am not trying to bring up politics but now under our new presidential admin, they are giving Deaf people and women more rights.
    The official forums here were exactly the same, almost everyone was banned from here years ago until they decided to change stance. Only a handful survived.

Also I'm just saying it's stupid to post that you're a hardcore botter and cheater on official forums. Don't equate simple advice to emotional attachment however, that would be weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    While not all bots are nice even some of them do make mistakes, usually, I get a nice /tell message from a player letting me know they want this camp (it may take several hours if not tomorrow until I realize the message). I leave my bot paused for a while to let them to take the camp. If I find out that player is actually another bot I can continue my bot.
    https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/t...l=1#post635390
    (0)
    Last edited by Pixela; 05-01-2021 at 05:22 PM.

Having tools doesn't mean I'm doing those things, and it doesn't mean anyone else is either. Thank you for lumping me with my phsyical limitations in with actual cheaters. That's really classy of you.

You're also telling me people with physical limitations and disabilities shouldn't be allowed to play, with the logic that anything that could be used as a weapon therefore must be no matter what the actual intentions of the user are. You're telling me that a pen is a weapon and should be treated as such even though the primary purpose of a pen is writing on things, just because you could stab someone with a pen.

Also, "tool" is not a proper noun and isn't supposed to be capitalized.

I do not condone cheating, n o matter how much you try to spin it. Making the game accessible to me does not give me an advantage over you, nor does it mean I approve of people using or doing things that do give them an advantage.

Feature benefits me, there for, I'll look past the possible Exploits available within the same Program and use this Feature instead, to my advantage, even though I don't like what other people use Program for, and not forgetting Program is NOT allowed as per the Terms of Service.

So you Condone.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BST View Post
    Feature benefits me, there for, I'll look past the possible Exploits available within the same Program and use this Feature instead, to my advantage, even though I don't like what other people use Program for, and not forgetting Program is NOT allowed as per the Terms of Service.

So you Condone.
    Your logic is flawed. And I condone nothing. And it's not about advantages, it's about being able to play at all. you are essentially arguing that disabled people who need accommodations to perform regular tasks have an "advantage" in performing those tasks. Those accommodations are not an "advantage", they are an equalizer.

This is about being able to play, not about having an advantage. And if SE isn't going to update their game to make it more accessible (like they should have done ages ago, especially offering colorblind filters at a bare minimum) then players who want to be ABLE TO PLAY AT ALL have to take matters into their own hands. I REPEAT: NEEDING ACCESSIBILITY FEATURES DOES NOT MEAN CONDONING CHEATING.

The spirit of the rule is more important than the letter. The spirit of the rule in question is to prevent cheating. SE regularly looks the other way when it comes to things that are not actually cheating. Many people (I'm not one of them) swap datafiles to make the graphics looks nicer. Is this cheating? no. is it *technically* against the TOS? Yes. Has SE banned anyone for doing it? No. You're creating a false sense of morality by objecting to benign uses of external tools, just because they COULD be used to cheat, even if they are not. Again, this is like if the US Government decided to start regulating pens and pencils as weapons because they COULD be used to hurt someone, even though that is not what they are designed to do.

Ultimately, neither your opinion or mine matters, because SE enforces its rules at its discretion. And thus far, it has chosen not to enforce them in circumstances like these.

(I also remind you that only the first letter of sentences, abbreviations, and proper nouns are supposed to be capitalized.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-02-2021 at 11:05 AM.

(I also remind you that only the first letter of sentences, abbreviations, and proper nouns are supposed to be capitalized.)
    Imagine correcting someone's grammar on the internet.
    (1)
    It's your server.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    Imagine correcting someone's grammar on the internet.
    Imagine complaining about someone correcting grammar on the internet.

Spelling and grammar are not the same thing. the spell check didn't immediately catch that, and I regret the misspelling. It has been corrected.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-02-2021 at 11:10 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast