Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1

Get rid of Beast Affinity / Beast Healer please!

Look, it is absurd that Call Beast hasn't received a material update since Relic AF was introduced in the early 2000's, with Call Beast +2.

Meanwhile, Beastmasters, even ones with 2100 JP and Reforged Relic AF hands +3 are still dependent on Merit Points to control the maximum level of their pets.

This is actually a down-grade from Jug Pet usage pre-Item-Level, where your pet spawn at YOUR LEVEL with these items!

In the meantime, I will use Gleti's Feet and 4/5 Beast Affinity, but -3 levels from Merits + 1 levels from feet still leaves my pet at -2 levels what it could be.

Please unlock Jug pets to 119 with 2100 JP and Relic AF2 Hands +3. Replace Beast Healer and Beast Affinity with something more inline with your vision of Beastmaster+Pet Hybrid. (For example, Beast Healer/Affinity could be replaced with augments to Tandem Strike, or perhaps REWARD (or READY?) distance increase to +1-5 yalms).

Please consider this, SE.

I also think that Beast Healer 2/5 should be a NATIVE TRAIT for Beastmaster.
    (2)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I think I figured out how we can get rid of Beast Affinity merits. I compared the Item Level of every jug pet with the number of Beast Affinity Merits needed to cap this pet to Level 119 (See #2 below). These are the pets that are currently benefiting from [1-5]/5 Beast Affinity merits:

If SE were to implement the pets above, unlocked at 119, Beast Affinity would be redundant (useless) as all current pets' family/species would be covered at 119 as many already are. SE could then replace Beast Affinity with something more in-line with it's vision of a Hybrid BeastMaster+Pet role.

References here:
    1.) https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/4...ndium#bestiary
    2.) Also, this shows the amount of Beast Affinity merits needed to get every jug pet to 119:

Edit: Typo. The rightmost column should read "Beast AFFINITY Merits to 119". But I feel that both Beast Affinity and Beast Healer could be eliminated, by adding new pets and increasing Base Reward Regen by 5.
    (2)
    Last edited by Gwydion; 06-29-2023 at 03:59 PM.

Player
    I suggested awhile back get rid of it altogether and make it a job trait and make a usefull merit point
    (4)

Character
    Humeman
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 85
    Beastmaster needs to redo for sure. I would not mind if they placed an emphasis on pet and master skillchains. Skillchaining with your pets gains an insane damage boost, chaining without the pet does not. Jug cap gotta go either way.
    (2)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Yes, Beastmaster needs a redo. Also I think pets have little to no Magic Evasion ...which is bad for item-level content for Odyssey. It's a shame that jug pets are not configurable/customizable in the same way BLU Spells are. It would be silly to make a your tiger pet at 119 pick-and-choose abilities, like Mega Scissors and Corrosive Ooze...but I'd take it, if SE would be implement it. Otherwise, we're dependent regular jug pet updates to stay relevant.
    (1)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Another EASY Beastmaster FIX in this thread:

1.) If SE adds the remaining 11 jug pets as uncapped mentioned in my 2nd post, we won't need Beast Affinity anymore!
    2.) Then, it can be replaced a useful ability, perhaps Diffusion for pet buffs? or let our pet Cover the main Beastmaster or swap HP from pet to Beastmaster?
    (0)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    With Beastmaster getting another +1 level, and the newer versions of jug pets, do we need Beast Affinity any more?

I think the answer is No...so give BST a diffusion ability to share pet buffs.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    Yes, Beastmaster needs a redo. Also I think pets have little to no Magic Evasion ...which is bad for item-level content for Odyssey. It's a shame that jug pets are not configurable/customizable in the same way BLU Spells are. It would be silly to make a your tiger pet at 119 pick-and-choose abilities, like Mega Scissors and Corrosive Ooze...but I'd take it, if SE would be implement it. Otherwise, we're dependent regular jug pet updates to stay relevant.
    In a case like this, SE refuses to allow PUPs to lock in a pet's WS because we can force it with manuevers, but some WS force us to use bad manuevers for what our setup is. This would be a really good idea for both BST and PUP. Probably a game changer to even allow PUPS to choose to not WS at all so they can do other things. But in the end if SE won't do it for PUP which is the one customizable pet job, they won't do it for BST even though it would really benefit it the most.
    (0)
    Marada- Badass Tarutaru Ginger

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Bump. SE, please give us new jug 119 pets according to the chart above, so we can finally get rid of Beast Affinity. Thank you.
    (0)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I think they should just create a Morpher job or merge it with BST. That let you use your monstrosity mobs in combat or fight as them. I just fixed the job, thank you
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast