Player

Can the 5 minute delays on calling trusts be removed?

I really want to know what is the logic behind this, because to me it is nothing but stupid.

If I invite a player into my party, I can not now call trusts for 5 minutes. I have to sit there like a dummy for 5 minutes, trying to make small talk before I can start doing anything again. This is not only stupid, but it's also counter productive because very often I will not invite someone because of the delay. I'll just carry on soloing with my trusts. The reason you weaken trusts on purpose is to push players to group up, so don't put blocks in our way when we do.

The same issue arises if I help someone with a BCNM or mission fight, I invite them and we go in to do the fight and ....I have to wait 5 minutes. We have to stand there, doing nothing for 5 minutes til it allows us to call trusts.

I'm going to guess that the really silly reason this exists is because the developers are afraid a player will invite someone into their group for buffs (bard or cor) and then call 5 trusts after that person has left. If that is the reason, this is pointless because the other person can just invite you and apply the buffs and then you can leave and still call your trusts straight away anyway.

As such it has no purpose and just negatives to the community. This is easy to remove, please remove it!

*and yes I know how to bypass it, but asking a player that has probably never joined a party before to invite me and then pass me leader is really annoying because they don't know how to do these things, and I get sick of explaining it over and over again to different people. Very often it takes longer to explain all that than just wait the 5 minutes.

I helped someone a few days ago with the last ROV mission and I had to explain all the steps to invite me and then pass leader, they had never grouped up before so they didn't even know how to respond to a tell or talk in party let alone all this. It literally took me nearly 10 minutes to get him to invite me and pass leader, because he could not find the menu options.

It's dumb, remove the 5 minute delay in calling trusts after making a party! Can a community manager pass this on please to the developers, it's really stupid and annoying and serves no purpose.
    (5)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Actually, I'm pretty sure the reasons we were given for having that delay were technical in nature- not actually because of agameplay abuse issue.
    (0)

This would be great!

It would also be nice if we could Alliance with Trusts (Two to Three players, each party leader able to call five trusts each), maybe only allow one Specific Trust called per Alliance, and allow us to re-summon defeated Trusts after five minutes, a bit like recovering from Weakened, maybe only allow the re-summoning of a defeated Trust (after five minutes) too, while in battle.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by BST View Post
    This would be great!

It would also be nice if we could Alliance with Trusts (Two to Three players, each party leader able to call five trusts each), maybe only allow one Specific Trust called per Alliance, and allow us to re-summon defeated Trusts after five minutes, a bit like recovering from Weakened, maybe only allow the re-summoning of a defeated Trust (after five minutes) too, while in battle.
    I can see how it would be unbalanced to have 3 people turn into 18, but maybe allow alliances with up to 5 trusts total. It would let you split up more easily or fill out parties.
    (1)
    It's your server.