Character
    Jedespaghetti
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Unable to Prog pass RoV Banishing the Darkness 2-7-2

I'm currently on RoV "Banishing the Darkness" and am unable to prog through to the next mission.
    When speaking to the Norg Oaken Door as listed in FFXIcclopedia i get https://imgur.com/uiA6Ubu
    Sandoria Mission: Lightbringer
    RoZ:Headstone Pilgrimage
    CoP: Three Paths
    ToAU: Lost Kingdom
    WoTG: In the Name of the Father
    SoA: Life on the Frontier
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It looks like you haven't met all of the other storyline's progression requirements for full completion of RoV, so I would advise you to progress further or fully complete the other mission lines first.

In particular, there are many CoP missions beyond the minimum progress that will lock your RoV progress in various places, so I advise you to fully complete CoP, if not all of the mission storylines entirely, first.

Additionally, your SoA progress is not sufficient for full completion of rhapsodies.

While not required to complete Rhapsodies, it was really designed to be completed after all the other stories it depends on.

For new characters, that li st on FFXIclopedia assumes having stopped at those exact points in the mission series, and you've gone past in some places. Rhapsodies involves many characters at many points and you can not progress in a Rhaposdies mission if it involves a character that is involved in one of your current other missions. It's a complicated mess and it is for this reason I really advise you to finish everything else story related before continuing.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 04-19-2021 at 08:47 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    There is a list of specific missions that can lock progress in SoA because the character involved in your mission is involved in a mission you've currently flagged, available here:
    https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/t...388#post635388

SoA's Life on the Frontier is on that list.
    CoP's Three Paths (Incorrectly referred to as "Three Forks" in the list linked above) is on that list. Prishe is unavailable during this time and is involved in your current mission, so this is the likely cause. Three Paths is pretty long, although there are various points during it where Prishe will temporarily become available, if you are that insistent on focusing on Rhaposides.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 04-19-2021 at 08:48 AM.