Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Asura isn't any busier than any of the other Worlds, it just looks busier because you see everyone's Alt accounts.

Take away all of the Bot's, Alt accounts, Chat spammers (RMT and Mercenary-RMT) and you'd be left with around the same population in general.
    (1)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    This is ridiculous. I forgot if I say something about Asura, people have to stand up. No matter how many times I have to explain. Servers will never be balanced. I know you want to hush-hush me just because what I say possibly affect people to want to come. It just doesn't work that way. You people can say such like it's okay to ban bots but we are not allowed to voice our opinions? Again, it's ridiculous.

I know you want to spend a lot of time commenting here trying to negotiate with the STF. It's just not going to happen. Work on the /assist channel then maybe the loneliness won't bother you.

*sings "Happy" song in Asura*
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    No, because some people want a very busy server and are willing to take the negatives for that and some people want a very small server they can play with their friends on.
    Extremes suck. Everyone is better closer to the middle.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Extremes suck. Everyone is better closer to the middle.
    Choice is good.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Choice is good.
    Choice isn't always good. If you are in a vat full of liquid waste all the way up to your neck and someone comes along and dumps a bucket of crap over you, do you duck under the liquid or do you stay up and take on the crap?

Balancing server populations doesn't mean that suddenly every server is identical.
    Keeping populations balanced was the whole reason the world pass system originally existed. But it made it hard for people to play with IRL friends, so that led to it eventually being removed. Too many ppl on a server is bad because it causes all kinds of networking and performance issues. We've had patches in recent years to address issues that only ever occured on Asura and maybe the next two biggest servers because Asura (and possibly the other two) are overpopulated- too many people for the servers and gameplay systems to handle reliably. Meanwhile low populated servers have their own set of problems as well.

Basically, you're choosing between two different sets of problems based on which one is more/less of an inconvenience to you. How is that a good choice? Balanced server populations have neither set of problems.
    (0)

Player
    I know people that play FFXI as a game to play with their friends, they literally do not care if it was a server with just them on it.

I will accept negatives to have a server with as many people on it as possible.

Players that want a small server have plenty to choose from, players that want mass population have Asrua, and people that want the middle ground can goto Bahamut

Square give players the servers and the option to go where they want, Asura became what it was because of reddit players all deciding to make a big server.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I know people that play FFXI as a game to play with their friends, they literally do not care if it was a server with just them on it.

I will accept negatives to have a server with as many people on it as possible.

Players that want a small server have plenty to choose from, players that want mass population have Asrua, and people that want the middle ground can goto Bahamut

Square give players the servers and the option to go where they want, Asura became what it was because of reddit players all deciding to make a big server.
    The only reason you care how many people are on a server is because you need them to buy your stuff.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2