Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Ladyofhonor
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Petition to change the way bans are handed out.

So today the only Twitch partner for FFXI, Ejin_Caitsith had 5 of his alts banned. And I'll start by saying yes he is a multiboxer, and yes that does include utilizing things against the TOS. Which is why this isn't to say he should never be banned or reprimanded for his actions.

HOWEVER, there are far more pressing issues for SE to clamp down on than a multi-boxer who does not engage in any sort of RMT (in fact gives away tons of gil). There's another thread on this forum that shows what Asura yells are like on a daily basis. There are hundreds of people AFK automated playing this game, should those not be the top priority for bans? There are people making thousands of dollars off this game via RMT, which always means using automated play, which hurts the global economy. Should these characters not be the primary targets for bans from the SE task force?

Ejin regularly has 150+ viewers on FFXI, and is an overwhelmingly positive force in the XI community, always speaking up about how great FFXI is, doing gil/gear giveaways, and just helping people all the time. How is he getting hit before dealing with the endless CP bots and RMT in the game? I know which group bothers my playing more, and it's certainly not Ejin.
    (4)

Character
    Lenresa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Oh shit, he got bopped AGAIN? That's AWESOME. Come on, that's pretty funny.
    (3)
    Last edited by Leny; 04-03-2021 at 05:23 AM.

I just moved off of Asura, the level of cheating and rule breaking is epidemic.
    Too bad I say, you break the rules, you risk getting punished.

Why can't they be an example and play one character, without using programs and exploits, that is being shown to an audience?
    Giving away items and Gil that isn't fairly earnt mind you.

In my opinion they are beyond fair when it comes to punishment handed out.
    (5)

Character
    Ladyofhonor
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BST View Post
    I just moved off of Asura, the level of cheating and rule breaking is epidemic.
    Too bad I say, you break the rules, you risk getting punished.

Why can't they be an example and play one character, without using programs and exploits, that is being shown to an audience?
    Giving away items and Gil that isn't fairly earnt mind you.

In my opinion they are beyond fair when it comes to punishment handed out.
    You show my point, though. You say you just left Asura because the cheating is so rampant you label it an "epidemic", Ejin isn't on Asura. Why can't SE work on fixing up Asura first? It sorely needs it.
    (2)

Player
    Don't give gil away, that literally looks like RMT because the payment part is done off game...
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Technically, if he earns twitch sub money and gives away gil, that's kinda sorta RMT.

I kid a bit here, but while I do agree SE's priorities need... adjusting, technically this guy was breaking the rules. But not really more than the degree to which nearly everyone who has ever streamed FFXI has.

// Not really advocating one way or the other here, just sounding off a bit.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 04-03-2021 at 10:00 AM.

Character
    Panasync
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I don't want them to start showing favoritism because he has a small miniscule following on the game of which are already people playing mostly. He isn't drawing new players into this game at any noticeable level, and his whole content is centered around the very thing that makes the game anti-core of FFXI, automating full parties of mules. The game at it's core, is working together to complete goals. His promotion and tutorials on how to do events without other players, via not only just multiboxing, but automating of the entire process and for all intents and purposes botting entire parties
    He is no better than any of the RMT selling JP automating JP point farming.

They warned him the last time they banned his main. You'd think that would have woken him up.

If he loves the game so much, and wants to promote it, do it properly. He has his 150 player following, why not do all the things he does with viewers and other players instead of his 1 friend who also multiboxes and himself on his 5 other automated alts?

He has zero excuses to even be doing the things he is doing.
    (2)
    Last edited by PandemoniumTylerDurden; 04-03-2021 at 10:57 AM.

Character
    Drumskull
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by PandemoniumTylerDurden View Post
    I don't want them to start showing favoritism because he has a small miniscule following on the game of which are already people playing mostly. He isn't drawing new players into this game at any noticeable level, and his whole content is centered around the very thing that makes the game anti-core of FFXI, automating full parties of mules. The game at it's core, is working together to complete goals. His promotion and tutorials on how to do events without other players, via not only just multiboxing, but automating of the entire process and for all intents and purposes botting entire parties

They warned him the last time they banned his main. You'd think that would have woken him up.

If he loves the game so much, and wants to promote it, do it properly. He has his 150 player following, why not do all the things he does with viewers and other players instead of his 1 friend who also multiboxes and himself on his 5 other automated alts?

ITS because he can have 5 max geared jobs to box :X, anyway joke's aside i think its deserving to be banned for automated actions, it made the game so much worse and SE keeps making new endgame extremely hard because of all that shit, i swear they need to bann gearswap, i mean u have the tools do it ingame macros, but not like this automated bs..
    (2)

Character
    Viion
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by PandemoniumTylerDurden View Post

I suppose you don't really watch his stream, but he does a lot of stuff with his viewers such as helping them through content, doing old stuff that people have long abandoned. I'm not even on his server or have ever played with him, but he has really motivated me with his streams and the welcoming community.

I would normally say "technically you cheat" but so do half of Asura lol There are SO many bots, so many multi-boxes on Asura it's hilarious... The inconsistency immediately ommits the "well you did break the rules" when EVERYONE is breaking the rules...
    (1)

Character
    Ladyofhonor
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Yes, I'm not saying he shouldn't get reprimanded and potentially banned for what he uses, just that he should be pretty low on the priority list of who SE is going after for bans. All of the bots that are constantly farming on at least Asura is far more impactful on the general population than a random 6-boxer. Coming back to the game and having to blist a dozen names instantly because they blow up yell chat is absurd. Why aren't they putting in some effort to follow those spam yells, investigate which party they're linked with in a CP zone, and ban the whole group? It wouldn't be terribly difficult, and would have a far better impact on the game. If they ever solved those issues from coming up again, sure, go after the multiboxers and get us to a pure single boxing game, but let's get some proper priorities.
    (1)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast