Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    As I have said many times, pointed out, also as Fujito has stated on the Japanese side of the forums a long time ago. No matter how hard you try. THAT the STF is and always will be... "non-negotiable."

Anyways, I am not sure what their plan is but I think would be nice to see more players to get out of Asura and stop them from moving to Asura. You can't fix the biggest corruption. ^^;
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by alytez View Post

I would normally say "technically you cheat" but so do half of Asura lol There are SO many bots, so many multi-boxes on Asura it's hilarious... The inconsistency immediately ommits the "well you did break the rules" when EVERYONE is breaking the rules...
    It's because he was doing so in plain sight of the public.

It's a lot easier to get banned from the FFXIV/FFXI official forums than it is to get banned from the game, and any GM can explain this to you but it's because the forums are public facing. The general public doesn't see w hat's going on within the game - if the public sees bad words/bulling/whatever on the forums and SE doesn't remove it, it makes them look bad in the public eye, not just to the customers they already have. When you dos omething in plain sight in front of the public, and they see your streem and think that what the streamer is doing is all normal and all allowed , that's not a good thing. That's why SE's priority increases when it's someone breaking the rules in front of the public eye vs people in game breaking the rules without others watching them.

TL;DR: Streamers breaking the rules should be a high priority, contrary to your view, because if the general public sees all those tools and automation and think that's representative of normal gameplay, they'll end up doing it too .
    (2)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 04-04-2021 at 05:07 AM.

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    The bigger issue is that when a person is banned, it takes them just two to three weeks to build a fairly OP new character, complete with Ambuscade OP weapon and Ambuscade OP +2 armour sets.

Some of us predicted this current problem, back in early 2010, when the Level Cap increase was rolled out, and we reiterated it when 119 Item Level was added.

In 2004~2009 era game, it took literally multiple years to build a fairly powerful level 75 character.

Back in those days the rigid structure and actual difficulty of the game was relatively self-policing, because most players were not going to risk losing their level 75 character, with capped skills / merits and decent gear.

Most people remembered the huge amount of work they'd put into their level 75 character, and avoided breaching TOS out of fear of losing that character.

In 2010 and 2013, the lid was taken off, the structure disintegrated, and now the characters are considered disposable and easily replaceable.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    In 2010 and 2013, the lid was taken off, the structure disintegrated, and now the characters are considered disposable and easily replaceable.
    I agree with this up to a certain point, but short of paying ppl to do it, I couldn't just do things like cap job points on even one job overnight, and there is still a lot of stuff locked behind wait times and such that would at least be time consuming, if not difficult, to replace. I'm not about to go do something stupid just because starting over would be less of an inconvenience now than it was before. I'd lose a lot of irreplaceable history too, like my ballista record. maybe stuff like that means not hing to the average multiboxer, but it's special to me and I'm not about to stream myself playing 6 accounts at once (I only have one, for the record) and risk that stuff.
    (0)

Character
    Panasync
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by alytez View Post
    I suppose you don't really watch his stream, but he does a lot of stuff with his viewers such as helping them through content, doing old stuff that people have long abandoned. I'm not even on his server or have ever played with him, but he has really motivated me with his streams and the welcoming community.

I would normally say "technically you cheat" but so do half of Asura lol There are SO many bots, so many multi-boxes on Asura it's hilarious... The inconsistency immediately ommits the "well you did break the rules" when EVERYONE is breaking the rules...

I don't watch his stream. I'd be willing to bet the majority of his content is not doing content with his viewers, unless he is bot partying free items or nms for them, and even then, again, that's probably 2% of his actual stream. The guy has a huge community to harness actual human controlled players from, he has no need to primarily automate XI. If he wants to play how he is currently playing, he has the majority of FF to choose from sans XI and XIV.

That said, others cheating doesn't invalidate someone getting in trouble for cheating.

But ignoring that, most people who do cheat like he does don't stream themselves doing so, or make instructional videos as themselves showing others how to automate 5 other pseudo-bots. He probably wouldn't be banned if he wasn't, it's like robbing a bank and streaming it while doing so, then whining that the other bank robbers weren't/aren't arrested before him, even though he was bringing a literal handful of customers to the bank.

Stop white knighting for the guy, he has only himself to blame.
    (2)
    Last edited by PandemoniumTylerDurden; 04-04-2021 at 07:52 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Indeed. And him bringing publicity is exactly why SE felt the need to punish, because he's basically encouraging less than the best possible in-game behaviors. It's really not the right kind of publicity for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by BST
    I just moved off of Asura, the level of cheating and rule breaking is epidemic.
    Personally, I hope this is the beginning of a trend of people realizing the biggest server isn't necessarily the best one.
    (3)

Character
    Lenresa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Personally, I hope this is the beginning of a trend of people realizing the biggest server isn't necessarily the best one.
    There is no one that doesn't know asura is the worst server to PLAY on. But it's also the only server worth being on. It can be both.

With the newest, best armor set being sold by an NPC and taking some of the power away from the crafting/auction house the dynamic changed a little bit though. Inability to buy stuff is the only reason to put up with asura.
    (0)

Actually it is a trend, I have had quite a few, roughly fifteen friends move away from Asura prior to myself.

The community there in my experience is not great, the amount of people that defend Gil buying is just disgusting, and the same goes for Botting.
    The same can be said for Content parties, Being asked to type "Cure!" or "Insert action/magic name" because the Healer was a Bot for example, people don't even care anymore, and I won't be a part of that.

I'm not saying everyone on there is into Cheating, but its extremely high, and people tend to get corrupted and end up being complicit in any manor of Cheating.

Complicit in Buying Job Point's from Automated Sellers(just about everyone does this and defends it, disgusting)
    Doing as you're told in Parties when a Bot is Healing(just about 100% in use),
    Buying Gil and then Buying Muliple Aeonic clears(had people affirm doing so, could not get legit clears with real non-cheating players),
    I could go on and on, but the three key things i noted above is very common.

That sum's up Asura from my six months of begging people to do Content, all I got was, don't use Gearswap? /kicked, Don't use windower with X-plugins? /kicked, Don't do as told to get heal/buff from Automated Bot healer? /kick.

(4)

Character
    Ladyofhonor
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by PandemoniumTylerDurden View Post
    I don't watch his stream. I'd be willing to bet the majority of his content is not doing content with his viewers, unless he is bot partying free items or nms for them, and even then, again, that's probably 2% of his actual stream. The guy has a huge community to harness actual human controlled players from, he has no need to primarily automate XI. If he wants to play how he is currently playing, he has the majority of FF to choose from sans XI and XIV.

That said, others cheating doesn't invalidate someone getting in trouble for cheating.

But ignoring that, most people who do cheat like he does don't stream themselves doing so, or make instructional videos as themselves showing others how to automate 5 other pseudo-bots. He probably wouldn't be banned if he wasn't, it's like robbing a bank and streaming it while doing so, then whining that the other bank robbers weren't/aren't arrested before him, even though he was bringing a literal handful of customers to the bank.

Stop white knighting for the guy, he has only himself to blame.
    Why do you feel like you can make a claim about what his stream is like, when you start your post saying you don't watch his stream?
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike View Post
    Why do you feel like you can make a claim about what his stream is like, when you start your post saying you don't watch his stream?
    Not currently watching != never seen before
    (1)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast