Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike View Post
    But my main point is more about cleaning up the rampant and disgusting cheating on Asura. As another person here has stated, the server is full of people 100% okay with RMT and openly utilizing AFK farming bots. How is that not the top priority for SE to remove from the game?
    You can't start mass-banning in Asura. I agree with Gwydion about what would happen.

Imagine how the STF and Mordion Gaol were working without this official forum? As much as I'd like to see Mordion Gaol back.

Now, it seems every time one person gets banned a new thread creates.
    (0)

Character
    Ladyofhonor
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BST View Post
    First of all you're wrong about everyone in this thread using some form of third-party tools in the game.
    I don't use any.

Secondly, That streamer wasn't doing anything positive. Running multiple accounts and using third-party tools to promote this game to the world is in no way positive.
    The way you defend him "It doesn't affect me..." is just so wrong.

We don't need Cheaters helping ANYONE get content completed, how about, don't play with Cheaters at all.
    This is an incredibly puritanical and naive mindset. If SE banned everyone who ran third-party tools in FFXI, the servers would shutdown the next month from a lack of population. Which third party tools are being used is where the line needs to be drawn, not simply *any* third party tool.

I made a LS to clear wave 3 Dynamis. My recruitment requirements was just "enough gear to be viable in the content", no third-party requirements whatsoever. Every single person who ever joined my LS used third-party tools before they ever joined. The only person I know that even claims to be 100% third-party free I've had one of the more heavy cheaters I know claim is a lie, so...I don't think I know a single person who doesn't use a third party tool of some variety. So again, your mindset would end FFXI instantly.
    (0)

Player
    When you stream a game, you become a form of PR for the game. What you do becomes a kind of public image of that game, if you're doing things that people consider botting or cheating (even if you aren't, but they think it is due to lack of knowledge) then they are going to bring the hammer down on you because you're promoting bad behavior in the community that is aware of them. You're giving a public image of the game they do not agree with and do not want to promote. If you're a small streamer, you can get away with things far easier than if you're more influential.

He was banned for setting a bad example.
    (1)

Character
    Ladyofhonor
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    When you stream a game, you become a form of PR for the game. What you do becomes a kind of public image of that game, if you're doing things that people consider botting or cheating (even if you aren't, but they think it is due to lack of knowledge) then they are going to bring the hammer down on you because you're promoting bad behavior in the community that is aware of them. You're giving a public image of the game they do not agree with and do not want to promote. If you're a small streamer, you can get away with things far easier than if you're more influential.

He was banned for setting a bad example.
    If this is the case, why are all the private servers and the streamers that stream them daily still up and have been for years?
    (2)

Character
    Chapowza
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 85
    This is easy to answer. Just like the problem Blizzard had with WoW, hosting servers in different countries cause loopholes in legal systems which permit the servers to last much longer (possibly not going down at all) than they should. In this case with classic servers, perhaps behind the scenes SE is doing what they can, but governmental and legal red tape impede their progress.
    (0)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I made a LS to clear wave 3 Dynamis. My recruitment requirements was just "enough gear to be viable in the content", no third-party requirements whatsoever. Every single person who ever joined my LS used third-party tools before they ever joined. The only person I know that even claims to be 100% third-party free I've had one of the more heavy cheaters I know claim is a lie, so...I don't think I know a single person who doesn't use a third party tool of some variety. So again, your mindset would end FFXI instantly.
    Hello Eaglestrike / Ladyofhonor!

Hi! I'm from Asura and i do NOT use ANY type of third party tool AT ALL. Only pure vanilla game. Only thing I have that I use which was not given back when game came out is the in-game windowed version they gave us to use on the config option, and have another window open on to bgwiki or some other helpful site to look things up when needed. Previous to this I would have a second laptop with me for that extra online search engine, but now do it with just one monitor.
    (1)
    Last edited by Dzspdref; 04-08-2021 at 01:17 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Add on, if streaming was the problem, why are most Twitch FFXI streams private servers? Why hasn't SE taken a stance to get rid of people literally copying the FFXI code and streaming it? That feels like a far more egregious attack on the game than a 6-boxer who streams basically all the content in modern FFXI in a team setting.
    It's actually a lot harder to go after those primary servers than you think.

I mean, you really can't justify this in any way. a livestreamer streaming blatant cheating isn't going to sit well with SE because well, he's showing people how cheating works, and there's plenty of evidence. It can be hard to definitively prove someone is cheating ingame in many cases otherwise, and they err on the side of people being innocent, because well you don't want to lose paying customers. And an actually innocent paying customer getting banned isn't just going to leave it at that, they're going to give SE bad publicity which can lead to more lost money, compared to a real violator..

And SE does ban these bots, but it's a bogged down process, and by the time they ban someone, there's two more in their place. It's a whack a mole game you can't win. Their process of investigating every incident to be sure t hey aren't falsely banning anyone is a significant factor in why they don't seem to be making progress.
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4