Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    It's a lot easier to get banned from the FFXIV/FFXI official forums than it is to get banned from the game.
    For sure. While both games are the same, in my opinion, the FFXI forum is a lot easier to get banned than the FFXIV forum. That forum is never all about a serious discussion. You can have fun whatever you want. You can still see my post on the first page of the "Show your Miqote" thread and that thread is STILL on the top page!? I mean... WOW but my pictures there are forever gone. lol
    (0)
    Last edited by Zehira; 04-05-2021 at 08:23 AM.

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I personally don't like that some players weaponize bans/GM reports to people they suspect of cheating. It adds an additional layer of toxicity where players are already sometimes, pretty contentious towards each other.

Maybe SE should bring back Mordion Gaol? But perhaps extreme durations such as 1-month, 3-month and 1-year bans.
    (0)

Character
    Panasync
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike View Post
    Why do you feel like you can make a claim about what his stream is like, when you start your post saying you don't watch his stream?
    I've seen portions of a couple different streams mostly due to this banning, but I wouldn't actively watch his stream as the content is boring, and I don't find him particularly entertaining either. That said, from what little I have experienced I'd be willing to bet that's not actually what the majority of his stream was (per the post I was responding to), thus inviting a correction if I were wrong but heavily doubting so.

I have seen no such evidence of this, so at this point I'm assuming I was, if not spot on, pretty close.

It's certainly not something I would assume someone would need their hand held through.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    For sure. While both games are the same, in my opinion, the FFXI forum is a lot easier to get banned than the FFXIV forum. That forum is never all about a serious discussion. You can have fun whatever you want. You can still see my post on the first page of the "Show your Miqote" thread and that thread is STILL on the top page!? I mean... WOW but my pictures there are forever gone. lol
    I don't know. Describing one idea (not the person, the idea) as a certain word negative word that starts with an R was enough to get me banned permanently. It didn't even happen until like two weeks after the post either, which means it clearly didn't bother anyone for a while until someone stumbled upon it and decided to report it.
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I don't know. Describing one idea (not the person, the idea) as a certain word negative word that starts with an R was enough to get me banned permanently. It didn't even happen until like two weeks after the post either, which means it clearly didn't bother anyone for a while until someone stumbled upon it and decided to report it.
    You mean racist? Yeah, that's unfortunately. We learned our mistakes.

I am kind of a well known person in a friendly community (a very private community). Crazy things going on and I am thankful to be alive.
    (0)

Character
    Viion
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    @Alhanelem - if streaming it was the problem (sure i get that), then why don't all Youtubers/Twitch creators and other obvious botting streamers get banned almost immediately? Why does it take years for players to get banned (including this one)? You can go on twitch now and see people using Windower, but they're ok??? why because even though they're "cheating"... they're not cheating at a higher level... But then we have Asura full of bots. There is no consistency, there's no "priority" list, seems to me there's a Task Force who want to maintain job security and have targets to maintain.

Ya'll can be anti-cheating but the realistic result is this person was a net-gain for the ff11 community. I can't think of any addon that negatively effects a player, him playing 6 at once does not negatively effect me because we all have trusts, or a "closed group of friends". Him paying 6 vs 5 unpaying trusts is a positive, the viewership on twitch is only a good thing for the game going from a couple of hundred to 18 views... Bringing more people to the game and allowing a more pleasant experience due to how badly the game has aged (in terms of UI and controls) is a good thing for everyone. As most of you didn't watch his stream but like to pass judgment, he played with his viewers weekly and would help them get content where shouts and reddit posts have failed.

I guarantee everyone in this thread is using third-party tools in some form and I know for a 100% fact some of you do as I see you on other sites talking about it.
    (0)
    Last edited by alytez; 04-05-2021 at 07:57 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    You mean racist? Yeah, that's unfortunately. We learned our mistakes.

I am kind of a well known person in a friendly community (a very private community). Crazy things going on and I am thankful to be alive.
    No lol, i'm referring to a word that means "limited growth"

And as far as the post above, well, there's only a few people streaming, so it's a lot easier to pick out the bad apples with their third party tool tutorials. On Youtube, it's like playing whack a mole infracting each individual video.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 04-06-2021 at 03:49 AM.

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    No lol, i'm referring to a word that means "limited growth"
    I guess Retard? Yeah, free speech is very limited there. Same for this, that's why they have other sites.

I know my English is very limited. Like 60% sign language and 40% English in my head so I was trying to guess. There is no way I can be offended enough to report anyone.
    (1)
    Last edited by Zehira; 04-06-2021 at 06:26 AM.

Character
    Ladyofhonor
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by alytez View Post
    @Alhanelem - if streaming it was the problem (sure i get that), then why don't all Youtubers/Twitch creators and other obvious botting streamers get banned almost immediately? Why does it take years for players to get banned (including this one)? You can go on twitch now and see people using Windower, but they're ok??? why because even though they're "cheating"... they're not cheating at a higher level... But then we have Asura full of bots. There is no consistency, there's no "priority" list, seems to me there's a Task Force who want to maintain job security and have targets to maintain.

Ya'll can be anti-cheating but the realistic result is this person was a net-gain for the ff11 community. I can't think of any addon that negatively effects a player, him playing 6 at once does not negatively effect me because we all have trusts, or a "closed group of friends". Him paying 6 vs 5 unpaying trusts is a positive, the viewership on twitch is only a good thing for the game going from a couple of hundred to 18 views... Bringing more people to the game and allowing a more pleasant experience due to how badly the game has aged (in terms of UI and controls) is a good thing for everyone. As most of you didn't watch his stream but like to pass judgment, he played with his viewers weekly and would help them get content where shouts and reddit posts have failed.

I guarantee everyone in this thread is using third-party tools in some form and I know for a 100% fact some of you do as I see you on other sites talking about it.
    Add on, if streaming was the problem, why are most Twitch FFXI streams private servers? Why hasn't SE taken a stance to get rid of people literally copying the FFXI code and streaming it? That feels like a far more egregious attack on the game than a 6-boxer who streams basically all the content in modern FFXI in a team setting.

But my main point is more about cleaning up the rampant and disgusting cheating on Asura. As another person here has stated, the server is full of people 100% okay with RMT and openly utilizing AFK farming bots. How is that not the top priority for SE to remove from the game?
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by alytez View Post

First of all you're wrong about everyone in this thread using some form of third-party tools in the game.
    I don't use any.

Secondly, That streamer wasn't doing anything positive. Running multiple accounts and using third-party tools to promote this game to the world is in no way positive.
    The way you defend him "It doesn't affect me..." is just so wrong.

We don't need Cheaters helping ANYONE get content completed, how about, don't play with Cheaters at all.
    (3)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast