Character
    Effzilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 78

Unable to receive recommendation letter for WoTG Back to the Beginning

I am on WotG mission Back the the Beginning and cannot receive the key items (Red Recommendation letter from Randecque I need to complete the mission. A GM asked me to post on here. I have talked to all NPC's that give the key items.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The odds are high you're missing something unexpected, a line of dialog, some forgotten requirement, or you may need to talk to certain NPCs more than once to get the right dialog from them.

GMs can't help with gameplay tips, that's why they direct you here. FOr the best possible help, please retrace your steps and list everything you've done in relation to the quest/mission, in the order you did it.

According to https://ffxi.gamerescape.com/wiki/Back_to_the_Beginning

You can't obtain another reccomendation letter if you've already turned one in previously. If you've recently come back to the game after being away, it's possible you already did so previously?

To verify this with certainty, you should verify whether you've already joined a nation or not- do this by talking to each of the NPCs Adelbrecht - Bastok Markets S (E-8), Mainchelite Southern San D'oria S (I-9) and Miah Riyuh Windurst Waters S (H-9).

Then verify if you have accepted or completed one of these nation quests: Steamed Rams, Snake on the Plains, The Fighting Fourth.

If you have completed any one of those three quests, there are two subsequent quests you must complete before you can proceed further with the mission.
    (3)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 04-01-2021 at 06:15 PM.

Character
    Effzilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 78

Thank you!

Apparently I only had to talk to the person in Bastok. Thanks so much!
    (2)