Player

FFXI should have a trade chat alongside yell

For many people, yell is possibly the only connection they will have to the community. For others it's a fun diversion while standing around.

Constant shouts selling stuff degrades from that, especially with all the Job point sellers spamming.

If there was a trade chat, it would preserve and promote the /yell community.

There are people that stand outside, just to see any drama or nonsense in /yell so it does have value to them.
    (2)

Character
    Lenresa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Instead of adding more, fix the problem.

We don't need two broken yell chats we just need the one, that works.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I don't think yell is busy enough to justify this. Besides the fact that there is technically also two other semi-global chat channels.
    (0)

Character
    Cliche
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 75
    I would rather have some form of Moderation for /Yell, then like many, I could once again turn it on.

What could work is, like how Mentors can click on Player names in the Assist channel and select to Mute or Warn, but add this to /Yell. This would be community moderation.

Until something like this is done, some form of moderation, I won't be turning it back on, and I won't stop recommending people filter it.
    (1)

Character
    Hikarushi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Yell chat log spam seems to be mainly issue on bigger pop servers like Asura. On smaller servers you can wipe whole yell log by blacklisting that one guy always shouting to sell job points if so desire.
    (2)