Player

Locking Voracious Resurgence Missions behind Completing Rhapsodies?

What are you doing with this? why lock the new missions behind fully completing Rhapsodies of Vanadiel (which is in effect locking them behind clearing most of the missions in the game).

Why would you do this?

There are actually quite a few people (mainly solo players on smaller servers) who cannot complete rhapsodies because they cannot kill the last Mission fight, yet you lock these new missions behind it?

At the very least nerf the last boss of Rhapsodies or something if you do this?
    (0)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I'm only speculating, but maybe the later missions in Voracious Resurgence have storylines linked to what happened in RoV.

More generally, as a solo player on a small server, I have access to fancy big server things like "/yell" and "linkshells."

If somebody /yell for party, or /chatmode on my LS, saying they wanted help to kill the not-especially-tough Last Boss in RoV, I would totally team up and kill that boss, just because I like helping people, and I like killing mobs.

If you need help, on a smaller server, you need to take the initiative, and also sometimes, be patient. Do some /yells, join a Linkshell, ask for help on the LS, make new friends and have adventures.

Nerfing content, is no substitute for players taking the initiative, teaming up, and making friends.
    (7)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I do prefer doing things in "order", so I think I generally like that one needs to complete previous things first, though the way Rhapsodies of Vana'diel is set up, the rewards are just too good not to rush through other things for it.

Since the new ones are locked behind RoV, they'll probably eventually also act as another incentive to rush the other things, which isn't particularly nice either.

As for the RoV final fight, I'm not sure how difficult it really is for others to do solo. I did it as a samurai, which can be a pretty squishy job depending on the situation, with around 500 Job Points collected at the time.

Equipment-wise, I think the best things I had were Ambuscade +2 things and a Kogarasumaru (not fully upgraded).

For alter egos, I can't remember why, but I only called 4 of them, and lost one of them at the very start so I ended up doing it with only Sylvie, Koru-Moru, and Kupipi.

Not saying it's super easy-breezy or bragging or anything, but it's definitely doable at least with better than 'sparks' or 'bayld' gear (not that I've tried with those).

So, personally, I don't think I see a need to make it easier, but I would not be against it either. Perhaps my mind is clouded by a certain type of darkness regarding difficulty levels, as I have been doing things on a new'ish character for a while now, and indeed sometimes do notice that "oh, I'm quite a bit less powerful on this one aren't I", but I've also been using Red Mage only for it so far, so it's different in that way as well (my first ever level 75/99 job, but not so much used these days).
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    What are you doing with this? why lock the new missions behind fully completing Rhapsodies of Vanadiel (which is in effect locking them behind clearing most of the missions in the game).

Why would you do this?

There are actually quite a few people (mainly solo players on smaller servers) who cannot complete rhapsodies because they cannot kill the last Mission fight, yet you lock these new missions behind it?

At the very least nerf the last boss of Rhapsodies or something if you do this?
    They would do this becuase the Voracious Resurgence story depends on events in Rhapsodies. You're on the most populated server in the game, you can't possibly tell me that you can't find help. There is lots of content in the game that can't be cleared solo, are you seriously just writing it all off just for that fact?

And the last Rhapsodies fight isn't really that hard, just get some help. You don't have to play solo 100% of the time. You're playing an online multiplayer game.

This is like complaining that Sea is locked behind CoP progression. Or that subjobs are locked behind a quest. etc. etc. etc. Or that rare powerful items are locked behind a boss battle.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 03-17-2021 at 08:39 AM.

Player
    I love how so many people just assume that every post someone makes is for selfish reasons, it's not. It's about the game, it's about new players, it's about long-time returnees that might come back with less than stellar gear to do the new missions and were unable to clear Rhaps last mission. Yes I can clear it, that's not the point.

One of the problems with this game is that too many people only care about things that directly impact them, they only see an issue with things that directly impact their progression.
    (0)

Character
    Stoobey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    The new missions are going to have fights, which, you would expect to be at least as tough or tougher than any missions before, if players struggle with the last ROV mission, they will struggle here as well
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    I love how so many people just assume that every post someone makes is for selfish reasons, it's not. It's about the game, it's about new players, it's about long-time returnees that might come back with less than stellar gear to do the new missions and were unable to clear Rhaps last mission. Yes I can clear it, that's not the point.

One of the problems with this game is that too many people only care about things that directly impact them, they only see an issue with things that directly impact their progression.
    My main issue is posts like this that attack longstanding game mechanics as bad game design when they're not. The game was designed and meant to have a natural progression to it. It is only natural for some features to depend on others, and complaining about it purely because that dependence served its intended purpose doesn't make sense. In particular, placing content behind these barriers is in part meant to ensure that when you are able to access the content, you're reasonably likely to be actually able to participate in it. What if Dynamis in the old days didn't have any prerequisites? You'd have people stumbling upon the dynamis enterances and find themselves pursuing access to content they shouldn't be trying to participate in.

The point is, these limitations normally exist for a reason. They aren't there just to annoy people.

And you say it's wrong to assume that these posts are made for selfish reasons, but that is really the only reason to make them. The player that makes such a post (not explicitly this one but any such post) implies that they feel they're entitled to do something jthey can't access just because they found out about it and it exists, while not acknowledging that these boundaries exist for a reason. It might not be the intent, but that's how such comments tend to come across.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 03-18-2021 at 05:22 PM.