Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

March 2021 FINAL FANTASY XI Digest

The latest FINAL FANTASY XI Digest is now available! The digest covers key features from the most recent version update. Check out the video, try the version update, and leave a feedback based on your experience of playing the new content.

• Please reply to this thread to leave your feedback.
    • Please only post feedback pertaining to the version update and digest video in this thread.
    • To better collect your feedback, we ask that you post one specific feedback per reply (of course you are allowed to post several replies!)
    • Before posting your feedback, check the thread to see if similar feedback was already mentioned and hit the “Like!” button instead of re-posting the same feedback.
    (8)

Character
    Paimeii
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I want to be excited, I really do. But as long as the problem causing extreme lag in Odyssey (And crowded Domain invasions and Dynamis D) is not fixed, you are only adding more and more content the vast majority of your European players can't participate in.
    (3)

Character
    Haldarn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I am really loving the monthly missions. I much prefer small amounts of regular story content than waiting four months for a larger amount. Please keep it up!
    (0)
    It all began with a stone...

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmr View Post
    I want to be excited, I really do. But as long as the problem causing extreme lag in Odyssey (And crowded Domain invasions and Dynamis D) is not fixed, you are only adding more and more content the vast majority of your European players can't participate in.
    did you even go test it before complaining? maybe go do that. they implemented fixes for the lag today
    (5)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    It will be nice to cut down on weapon skill sets
    (1)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Thank you for fixing the lag in Gaol. Thank you for the Beastmaster legs/feet in Gleti set. Please keep the new pets coming on a regular basis (or perhaps even augmentable jug pets!)

When you introduce new items, could you make sure they are storable too? Inventory problems are very painful.
    (3)

Character
    Hikarushi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Only really cared about the Gaol lag fix myself. Keep up the good work devs!

Oh, and please investigate Odyssey A, B and C zone communication load issue when possible.
    As well as Dynamis Divergence communication load issue.

These two battle content have very similar heavy communication load present like Gaol had. Although nowhere near as severe.
    (3)
    Last edited by Tsukihika; 03-11-2021 at 09:36 PM.

Character
    Trig
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    There must have been lot of good things in this last update because there are noticeably fewer complaints/responses on this forum! Good job.
    I'll keep my comments to the two major items I feel are holding back widescale enjoyment of the new content.

i) Scheduling Odyssey:
    With Omen, entry depended on having entry ki that could be stored up, farming trash to get to a boss, and doing it with friends. So it was easy to schedule boss runs two days a week and still kill 7 bosses. Fun times for all.
    With Odyssey, only one ki can be stored at a time, meaning people are missing out if they don't do it daily. Its hard to schedule events with friends or have a consistent group on a daily basis so people solo segments. And given how steep entry is for boss fights (3k is too much), you clearly want us to group in segment farming runs too. Given the complexity of entry requirements and jobs needed in Shaol, the inability to store entry ki just makes it hard for us to play this game together. In my opinion, this is the biggest drag on the content (now that lag is fixed, thanks!!!). I'm doing most of it solo and I would rather be doing it with friends. Pleeeease fix this, its been asked on these forums many times. If the goal is to retain people with dailies, this is a lousy way to do it for quality of life of your players.

ii) Player inventory:
    We need a fix for gear storage. We are given more gear, encouraged to have more jobs decked out for the boss fights in Odyssey, but no solution to lack of inventory space. We need job-specific inventories that only load when playing that job. 20, 30, 40 slots, anything would be better than having to gear up out of storage when changing jobs. This game is built around horizontal progress which is why we all love it... we just need a tool to reduce the tediousness of changing jobs.
    (0)

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    please increase the max capacity of Moglophone I's for entry into Odyssey A/B/C
    (0)

Player
    They are not going to increase Moglophone storage anytime soon because doing so would increase the congestion of the zone and so increase wait times to enter.

It's not instanced, only 2 groups / people can be in the same area of the zone at the same time.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast