Character
    Haldarn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Regarding your Bug Report... (??)

Just logged into PlayOnline Launcher and had two messages from "Gamemaster" with the above subject dated 2hr 20 min before this post. However, they don't explain what they're in reference to. I haven't made a GM call in *years*.

I've popped a few 'bug reports' (regarding typos) here on the forums before, but never had POL responses.

Message 1:
    Hello and thank you for your GM call. We understand that you have encountered an aspect of game play that is not working correctly, and we apologize for any frustration this may have caused. This issue has been brought to our attention and has been confirmed to be working incorrectly. As we continue to look into this issue, any updates will be posted to the Information section of www.PlayOnline.com, so please check the site occasionally for news.
    Thank you for your patience, and best wishes to you.
    FINAL FANTASY XI Game Master Team
    Message 2:
    Hello and thank you for your GM call. We understand that you feel there may be an issue with a game play aspect not functioning properly, and we apologize for any hindrance this may have caused you. Based on your description, we have found that your reported concern was recently resolved in update 1.11. However if the issue persists, please contact us by visiting our official forums at forum.square-enix.com/ffxi, as our community likely has members that have discovered the next best possible step.
    Thank you for your patience, and best wishes to you.
    FINAL FANTASY XI Game Master Team
    Did anyone/everyone else get these?

Personally, I am very much looking forward to Final Fantasy XI, Update 1.11! /s
    (0)
    It all began with a stone...

Player
    I've never gotten anything like that back on a bug report or GM call. I've also never received an email reply that was much more than a template. However; awesome you did. I wouldn't provide them any account information or anything though if that ever pops up.
    (1)

Character
    Haldarn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockhart View Post
    I've never gotten anything like that back on a bug report or GM call. I've also never received an email reply that was much more than a template. However; awesome you did. I wouldn't provide them any account information or anything though if that ever pops up.
    Maybe they ticked some boxes to close some open bugs from 2010 and the system auto-generated the responses... Thought others might have had similar!
    (0)
    It all began with a stone...

Character
    Hikarushi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    These do feel like some belated messages that were never actually sent for whatever reason. Perhaps they activated some old support server that immediately forwarded all old mails waiting in queue to players in question. Or someone succeeded in hacking the mail system and sent false mail. Best not react to them either way, like was already mentioned. :3
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I think I've seen this at least once before, many many moons ago, and indeed, I got one today as well (confirming that they have confirmed an issue I reported). My guess is someone checked to see if we were online, and because we were not, they just left these messages instead (I was online on PlayOnline, but not in game). A thread ID would have been a nice addition, but perhaps they didn't have those handy. :]

More than a few times within the past year or so I've been contacted in-game due to my bug reports (asking confirmation on if I can still re-produce the issue and such).

Regarding '1,11', perhaps something you reported was (or should have been) fixed in the January 11/12 version update?

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukihika View Post
    Perhaps they activated some old support server that immediately forwarded all old mails waiting in queue to players in question. Or someone succeeded in hacking the mail system and sent false mail. Best not react to them either way, like was already mentioned. :3
    The PlayOnline e-mail service was discontinued back in 2019, and these messages show up in a dedicated window up on top of everything in the PlayOnline viewer. The only option is to close the message window (the other button is 'proceed' which is unavailable):

While it does get saved as a PlayOnline message, it can't be replied to.

Actually... I guess they only show up as messages (not as a window, too) if one isn't online on PlayOnline at the time.
    (1)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 03-09-2021 at 04:23 AM.
    ...or so the legend says.