Good day, adventurers!
Matsui here.

This isn’t really FFXI related, but recently the HD remaster of Legend of Mana was announced, with a release date slated for June. Legend of Mana was the last title I worked on before coming to FFXI. The project kept me incredibly busy, but I took everything I learned there and applied it to FFXI—another incredibly busy project.

LoM contained a crafting system that was much more involved than anything we had created to date. Why not take a look into LoM?

And now, on to FFXI announcements.
The second part of the San d’Oria chapter of The Voracious Resurgence is incoming—and this entry is part two of three. I hope you enjoyed Rahals dancing—and perhaps it’s now time for a certain prince to join the stage as well.

We’ve also got a new boss in Odyssey, complete with a new line of equipment to obtain. This boss is the pinnacle of Odyssey difficulty, so of course we made rewards that match the challenge. There are also four different augment routes, so you can customize the pieces to suit your needs.

Ambuscade contains a rerun of the Tonberry battle as well as an all-new leech battle. In the leech battle, you will face three different leeches. Defeating one powers up the other two, both in terms of attributes and the abilities they use. Like with the demon battle, which one you vanquish first will greatly affect your strategy, and you may wish to bring the other two to low health values first. At risk of giving some slight spoilers, one of the leeches uses Sand Breath, so you may wish to avoid having it at full HP when one of its compatriots goes down.

In parting, let me just say that I’m glad spring is almost upon us, because I’m much of a fan of the cold. Vana’diel will also have its usual spring events coming down the pipeline, so keep your eyes peeled for more. See you in the March Version update!

Mission and Quest-related
Implementation TimingUpdate Task and DetailsIn-progress TaskDetails
MarchRecords of Eminence・Add new objectives
・Update monthly objectives
-
MarchThe Voracious Resurgence・Add new quests
・Add new reward items
・Add new title
-
Content and System-related
Implementation TimingUpdate Task and DetailsIn-progress TaskDetails
MarchAmbuscade・Add new notorious monsters