Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Leny View Post
    I think the 30 second timer should be removed everywhere. even 20 years ago it was dumb. Log out and drop hate, who cares.
    It exists to stop players killing any monster in the game with bio. Cast bio > logout > login with no aggro > cast bio > repeat till dead 4 hours later.

I remember trying to kill the RDM af3 ghost like this but it would always kill me before 30 seconds allowed me to logout.

Alternatively, you could take a monster to 50% HP then logout and log back in. call all fresh trusts wiht full HP and MP and go back to it.

It makes sense in battle ares, not towns.
    (2)

Character
    Lenresa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Again. Who. Cares.

You give entirely too much energy to giving a shit if someone kills a mob by logging out, when there are literally one thousand bots active.

Let's get technical. It's imbalanced. A pup/smn/bst can Cast Dia, sic pet, log out, kill an enemy by logging out ad-infinitum. Non pet jobs can't. So it's a moot point.
    (0)
    Last edited by Leny; 02-27-2021 at 01:22 AM.

Player
    I and a lot of other people care.
    (3)

Character
    Lenresa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    No you don't. You don't care at all you just argue over dumb shit because you're bored. It has no affect on anything whatsoever.

Absolutely no one cares if some rando is able to log out fast enough to avoid a death. It in no way affects you or anyone in any capacity in the slightest.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Leny View Post
    Again. Who. Cares.

You give entirely too much energy to giving a shit if someone kills a mob by logging out, when there are literally one thousand bots active.

Let's get technical. It's imbalanced. A pup/smn/bst can Cast Dia, sic pet, log out, kill an enemy by logging out ad-infinitum. Non pet jobs can't. So it's a moot point.
    Maybe you don't care about exploits and zombie tactics, but if it worked, everyone would do it. There wouldn't be any point in doing anything else.

Do you really want the entire game to be log out with dots for ez win?

Your rationale of "people cheat, so why not give us exploits?" is absurd.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 02-27-2021 at 01:48 PM.

Player
    During free access I was checking all my level 1 characters for gobbie box items, it was taking me around an hour a day to do them all.

Now free access is over I have no desire to pay for them to do it, because it takes too long to logout. I and others would do this and pay for those characters if it wasn't so annoying.

I don't get why this isn't changed when there is a long term financial gain in doing so.
    (0)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I personally enjoy the thirty seconds logout. It makes me feel happy.

However, I think there should be a Toggle, so that people who want to logout instantly, can choose that Toggle Setting.

And people like myself, who enjoy the Old School thirty seconds logout, can choose that Toggle Setting, and retain our thirty seconds logout.

Also, Automaton /Lockstyle Pyjamas. The time is now!
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    As I said, I think quickly logging out in town areas is fine and should be implemented. I just 100% oppose it in any area where combat can take place.
    (1)

Character
    Viion
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    For "outside" towns, why can't the servers just keep your character there? This is what many other games do. Even though you've decided to close the game your character still lingers for X amount of seconds. If you ALT+F4 this is what happens anyway.. This allows both instant logout if you desire, but also prevents you from avoiding death since your character is still on the server for the next 30 seconds being beaten to death.

though I doubt they will do this on a technical sense (outside of R0 flag)... In town, I agree removing timer would be nice.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by alytez View Post
    For "outside" towns, why can't the servers just keep your character there? This is what many other games do. Even though you've decided to close the game your character still lingers for X amount of seconds. If you ALT+F4 this is what happens anyway.. This allows both instant logout if you desire, but also prevents you from avoiding death since your character is still on the server for the next 30 seconds being beaten to death.

though I doubt they will do this on a technical sense (outside of R0 flag)... In town, I agree removing timer would be nice.
    If you really want to do that, you can use task manager (or should you be using the windower thing, you can use the terminate command)
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2