Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Murrays
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    Wait, they let you enter the content but not actually finish it? That is absurd, even by SE's standard.
    To be fair to SE after this happened I read the full description and it does state the 45 days there. So had I read through it instead of just clicking on it I would have known.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Classy response my friend. I guess this is to be as expected from someone who has been playing for such a long time.
    This really isn't elitism, at least, that wasn't how I meant it to sound. But Odyssey is brand new content. The vast majority of everybody has done all or most "required" content before Odyssey even existed. I'm just trying to understand why you're viewing this as "required to progress" when it's literally the latest, newest thing to come out in the game.

(also, I'm sure you knew in writing your response that anyone who didn't just come to the game recently doesn't have to deal with this issue)

I suppose one of the reasons I was kind of flippant was it's not like there isn't a whole bunch of other things you can do in the game until you meet the eligibility requirements. That being said. I will concede that it is odd that the new character lockout isn't presented to you at the beginning but rather later on in the content.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 02-20-2021 at 08:01 PM.

Character
    Murrays
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    This really isn't elitism, at least, that wasn't how I meant it to sound. But Odyssey is brand new content. The vast majority of everybody has done all or most "required" content before Odyssey even existed. I'm just trying to understand why you're viewing this as "required to progress" when it's literally the latest, newest thing to come out in the game.

(also, I'm sure you knew in writing your response that anyone who didn't just come to the game recently doesn't have to deal with this issue)

I suppose one of the reasons I was kind of flippant was it's not like there isn't a whole bunch of other things you can do in the game until you meet the eligibility requirements. That being said. I will concede that it is odd that the new character lockout isn't presented to you at the beginning but rather later on in the content.
    It's about getting to content that everyone else is doing. No one wants to do old missions or NM's. They want to do the new stuff, and although my LS has been kind enough to come out three times to NM's for me they would prefer doing things that advance their characters. Even Odyssey is 1 year old in what 8 days.

I get it.

If I want to advance and play this as a MMO and not a MeAndTrusts I need to get to a point where I can play along side of them, and that is gear.

Although JP's play a huge part in your character, if we can be honest with one another, it's just gear .. swap my gear and your gear and voila .. totally different characters.

So if I'm using 117 gear .. with 3 pieces of 119 gear and 1 I can upgrade (Chest) and 2 I can't (weapon: fists of fury+1 and gloves) for now the next 20 days? What am I supposed to do?

I work through missions while I wait on 20 hour respawn time for Monophone, you know what I mean... I'm not looking for a handout, I just want to play this with other people as an MMO and the first 3 weeks getting to 99 was all solo, getting sub jobs up was all solo, now getting gear solo, hey this mission, just Snk&Inv, solo...

I think you forget as you've been playing so long that everything I am trying to do, you did for weeks/months/years with other people as a common goal .. Please do not misunderstand me, I appreciate that you had to grind and grind and grind, I would just like that opportunity as well.

Based on the lack of response from SE to me either in this thread or by PM, they also do not care. It's unfortunate.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Murrays View Post
    So if I'm using 117 gear .. with 3 pieces of 119 gear and 1 I can upgrade (Chest) and 2 I can't (weapon: fists of fury+1 and gloves) for now the next 20 days? What am I supposed to do?
    Get the rest of your gear to 119. There's plenty of stuff you can do, even solo.
    (1)
    It's your server.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It's about getting to content that everyone else is doing. No one wants to do old missions or NM's.
    But why do you care what "everyone else" is doing? Also, not everybody is doing it. I've barely touched it other than to try it out the day it came out. There is just so much to do, you shouldn't shut yourself out of all of it purely because you don't see it as "current." Also tehre are occasions where even old content has useful rewards. While not so many since the introduction of item levels, FFXI is famous for having items that remain useful for a long time, even at max level despite being obtainable or usable much earlier. For example, people still want Defending Rings from King Behemoth, and he's been around since the beginning (from the perspective of an English player, anyway)

What's important is what you want to do, not what everyone else is doing. If it's relevant to you, that's all that matters. You don't need lots of other people around to do most content in the game. Upgrade AF, get and upgrade ambuscade gear, complete the mission storylines, there's tons of stuff to do. There's more to this and every other MMO than just the latest endgame content. There's a story to enjoy, there's anciallry things to unlock. Fishing, content with items you can use to customize your appearance (in XIV, they say "glamour is the true endgame"). It is not just about playing the newest thing to bash the newest monsters in. This game has thousands and thousands of hours worth of content. Since the game launched, I've amassed over three years worth of continuous playtime (Admittedly probably 1-200 days worth is afk/idle time lol)

Based on the lack of response from SE to me either in this thread or by PM, they also do not care. It's unfortunate.
    The PM feature on this forum is disabled, and even if it weren't, they would never message you here. Anything that necessitates a personal response is handled through in-game support or the SQEX support center. Regardless, if they did answer, they would simply tell you , you have to wait hte 45 days. I've never known them to make exceptions to established rules. This rule exists for an important reason, even if the execution of it may be flawed. This isn't about them not caring. It is rare in this industry that you would ge tpersonal responses to things like this. For the record, this forum section is mainly for players helping players. As noted earlier, if you want real, official technical support, you have to go through the support center website. I've played many MMOs. They have thousands upon thousands or millions upon millions of players. Not responding to every individual thread appealing to them is not a matter of lack of caring, it's a matter of practicality.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 02-22-2021 at 11:52 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2