Murrays
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

New player paying money content restricted Shoel A

I am unable to progress with the game as the Shoel A

RoE - Content - Odyssey - Shoel A

Has a restriction of 45 days after character creation.

I am a new player, this is my only account and you made it possible for me to excel to the point where I need access to this area to progress with the game. You have put a restriction on my ability to continue playing the game even though I am being charged a monthly premium.

I would like to see consideration given in regards to this.
    (0)

Character
    Hikarushi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    This was likely done as anti-RMT measure to avoid players abusing the system for profits, and to ease initial congestion perhaps. There's actual gil reward for successfully clearing Odyssey, which could be abused by constantly creating new characters, leveling them up to 99 under a day, and thus bypassing the "one entry key item per day" restriction to rapidly farm this gil reward multiple times each day. While this restriction is indeed very bothersome for new player intending to progress fast (been there myself as well), it does keep the RMTs at bay and prevents content abuse. Although 45 days might be a bit more than necessary indeed.
    (0)

Character
    Murrays
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Thank you for your response. In regards to your comment of

"While this restriction is indeed very bothersome for new player intending to progress fast"

I am not attempting to progress "fast" I am progressing at the rate the game has made me progress at. I have completed Rank.10 in my home city and have worked through quite a bit of all other the mission storyline. While I can appreciate that your response of RMT makes sense, it still seems VERY WRONG that I am paying a monthly fee but I can no longer progress.

Can I go back and level every other job to 75, I could but I'll bet money that I will have that done in the next 10 days leaving me another 12 days before I can progress.

A response from SE would be greatly appreciated as your GM online said this would be the best way to get a response.
    (0)

Character
    Lenresa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    You won't get a response from them. It's possible, just extremely unlikely. Everything is indeed done assbackwards, and instead of doing anything properly, you get a 45 day lock out. They're incompetent, never going to change.

Find some way to pass the time for two more weeks. Or quit. Very viable option. The juice ain't worth the squeeze, you can pick up a good game and not be time gated instead.

And just on the off chance that someone with decision power does actually notice, a 45 day lockout does not accomplish the intended task as long as you make it possible to make an endless amount of new accounts. Any bad actor wishing to circumvent your 45 day lock out can simply start 100 characters during the discount campaign and then wait two months to being actively using them. 45 days is merely a punishment to new people, like this guy. Everything you do only punishes legit players.
    (1)
    Last edited by Leny; 02-20-2021 at 12:51 AM.

Character
    Murrays
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    "Find some way to pass the time for two more weeks"

It's actually 22 days ... even the GM said it was a little ridiculous.
    (0)

Character
    Lenresa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I won't disagree, it's flat out ridiculous. But they aren't smart enough to come up with an actual method to stop a player from making a new account endlessly and breaking the game.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Murrays View Post
    I am unable to progress with the game as the Shoel A

RoE - Content - Odyssey - Shoel A

Has a restriction of 45 days after character creation.

I am a new player, this is my only account and you made it possible for me to excel to the point where I need access to this area to progress with the game. You have put a restriction on my ability to continue playing the game even though I am being charged a monthly premium.

I would like to see consideration given in regards to this.
    Entitlement.
    Really? There are wait times and requirements and restrictions on doing literally everything in the game, why did you not complain until you did this? And Odyssey isn't in any way needed to progress the game. There is no story nor any other content that depends on you completing Odyssey, so why do you feel your "monthly premium" warrants "specialer" treatment than the rest of us?

Mog bonzanza and the goblin mystery box also require a 45 day wait time before you can use them. Like others said, this is an anti-RMT measure. And FFXI isn't the only game that does these kinds of things either.

Now if you want to argue the merits (or lack thereof) of the system, that's fine. But don't pretend that just because you pay a fee for a game that means they're not allowed to have MMO game mechanics like wait times, grindy requirements, etc.
    (3)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 02-20-2021 at 08:32 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    And just on the off chance that someone with decision power does actually notice, a 45 day lockout does not accomplish the intended task as long as you make it possible to make an endless amount of new accounts. Any bad actor wishing to circumvent your 45 day lock out can simply start 100 characters during the discount campaign and then wait two months to being actively using them. 45 days is merely a punishment to new people, like this guy. Everything you do only punishes legit players.
    The intent here is the 45 day wait time creates a window of oppertunity to catch and penalize RMT accounts before they're eligible to do the content/echange/thing/whatever.

In practice, they're not very good at doing that. Just saying, it isn't meant to be a direct deterrent. Just to slow them down while the incredibly slow and weak STF machine attempts to serve its purpose.
    (0)

Character
    Murrays
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Entitlement.
    Really? There are wait times and requirements and restrictions on doing literally everything in the game, why did you not complain until you did this? And Odyssey isn't in any way needed to progress the game. There is no story nor any other content that depends on you completing Odyssey, so why do you feel your "monthly premium" warrants "specialer" treatment than the rest of us?

Mog bonzanza and the goblin mystery box also require a 45 day wait time before you can use them. Like others said, this is an anti-RMT measure. And FFXI isn't the only game that does these kinds of things either.

Now if you want to argue the merits (or lack thereof) of the system, that's fine. But don't pretend that just because you pay a fee for a game that means they're not allowed to have MMO game mechanics like wait times, grindy requirements, etc.
    Classy response my friend. I guess this is to be as expected from someone who has been playing for such a long time.

Why did I wait to bring this up now, 23 days in? Well you see my friend, I went and got my Moglophone and proceeded into Shoel A, unfortunately I did not make it through on the first go, so 20 hours later I went back and got another Moglophone and which point in I went and got to the end, I then clicked the final objective you receive the response .. "you can not complete this for another 23 days ...." (paraphrased) So at this point I realized that two of the pieces of gear that I have REQUIRE access to that area to PROGRESS the equipment that I have aquired so that I can PROGRESS more of the story line. Crazy ideas I know!

Waiting a game day or even a real day is one thing... having to wait another 22 days is ridiculous and I think if the shoe were on the other foot you'd be singing a different tune, but that's just my opinion

My apologies, did you have a 45 day wait period before you could enter and play that area or were you able to access it from the start?

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    The intent here is the 45 day wait time creates a window of oppertunity to catch and penalize RMT accounts before they're eligible to do the content/echange/thing/whatever.

In practice, they're not very good at doing that. Just saying, it isn't meant to be a direct deterrent. Just to slow them down while the incredibly slow and weak STF machine attempts to serve its purpose.
    I thank you for your contribution to this and appreciate where your intentions lay.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Murrays View Post
    I went and got to the end, I then clicked the final objective you receive the response .. "you can not complete this for another 23 days ...." (paraphrased)
    Wait, they let you enter the content but not actually finish it? That is absurd, even by SE's standard.
    (2)
    It's your server.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast