Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1

Storyline/Mission problems (content suggestion)

I think they should still force level caps, or at the least give the option to level cap yourself to the intended mission level. This way new players or returning/older players who want to experience the missions for how they were intended, have the option to do so. Right now, its so easy to level up that when any new player reaches these missions, they will simply one shot the NMs. It takes away all the impactfulness of the story when you go through one shotting everything, especially for the first time. Added incentives could be CP, various items, etc in order to get people to help the person on the mission or I'm pretty sure every mission can be done at level cap with trusts easily.

Just my two cents.
    (3)

I agree. It would be great if we could experience the game as it was originally designed. I'm pretty sure SE said they think being able to set difficulty on the HTBF versions is good enough. I disagree with that, but it's why we probably won't see it implemented.
    (2)
    It's your server.

Character
    Lenresa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I'm all for YOU having the experience you want, but at the cost of making me do an extra menu at EVERY mission battle. That's an absolute no thanks.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Leny View Post
    I'm all for YOU having the experience you want, but at the cost of making me do an extra menu at EVERY mission battle. That's an absolute no thanks.
    This is a joke, right? You're deliberately trying to find the tiniest thing you could possibly complain about, right?
    (2)
    It's your server.

Character
    Lenresa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    No, deadly serious. Inconvenience every single player who will ever do a mission battle with a menu, to satisfy one guy who wants to put a menu to select a level cap on them.

That's asinine. If you want to play a battle capped, then just don't do the limit break.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    This is a joke, right? You're deliberately trying to find the tiniest thing you could possibly complain about, right?
    Frankly if one is that desperate to make something harder than it needs to be, they can just level another job to 25 and use level sync. you can get to 25 in like an hour or two.

You have to understand that longtime veterans often dont like lots of extra menus and confirmation prompts. The level cap was removed on these fights specifically becasue as time went on it became harder too convince people to help with those fights, particularly when they weren't that hard in the first place. Some may also see it as taking dev time (however much or little) away from other tasks they see as more important.

People generally aren't doing the missions for the challenge, they're doing it either for the sake of the story or for completion's sake.
    (0)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Did you even read the thread? That guy is deliberately trollish/constantly angry.

How does this effect anyone that is already at end game? I said MISSIONS, meaning if you go to a mission and select the battle it gives you an option to level cap yourself, this has nothing to do with anyone doing end-game because you cannot select the option for the mission battles, makes 0 sense to oppose the idea.

Also, nobody would NEED to seek out anyone, those changes you speak of were before trusts were implemented. People can easily use trusts with various layouts to beat the missions at level caps. Its extremely unrealistic to have someone have a job level capped at the exact level the mission battles were intended to be fought at across each expansion. They even added a new game+ on XIV and still have fights there capped at the level they were intended for storyline progression, its for a reason. I can't imagine anyone enjoying the storyline when you one shot everything, it would probably feel more like a chore to anyone who wanted to pick this game up to complete the story (who probably don't care about endgame.)

Some people just need to complain for everything lol.
    (1)

Player
    We have a limited dev team size, there are numerous actual good things they could add but probably won't due to time constraints.

This is not a good thing to use time on.

Mainly because almost everyone takes the path of least resistance, if the option to do something easier is there people will take it. Even if they choose level cap, the moment they fail they will lower the difficulty anyway so they gain nothing but wasting time.

Also trusts are weaker than players so if Proms were back to level cap people would really struggle to clear it at all, even with proper level 30 gear.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Leny View Post
    No, deadly serious. Inconvenience every single player who will ever do a mission battle with a menu, to satisfy one guy who wants to put a menu to select a level cap on them.
    There are already at least two people in this thread who would like the option.

Considering there's already a menu to enter battlefields, they could just add another entry.
    Choose battlefield:
    The Mothercrystals
    The Mothercrystals (30)

There, no extra inputs to take up the 2 seconds of your time when you're repeatedly doing mission battlefields for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Frankly if one is that desperate to make something harder than it needs to be, they can just level another job to 25 and use level sync. you can get to 25 in like an hour or two.
    You can't level sync in battlefields.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Mainly because almost everyone takes the path of least resistance, if the option to do something easier is there people will take it.
    This could appease some of the people asking for a classic server or people playing on classic private servers.

I do realize this has a near zero chance of being implemented and it isn't a good use of developer time, nor our time debating it, but I would still appreciate it if it was an option.
    (3)
    It's your server.

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    If we could go back and do a new game+ sort of thing for mission battlefields, I would do it for fun honestly. Maybe they could add CP or REMA upgrade items but I think it would be neat to try with trusts just for fun.
    (0)