Total Noob Question on Monk

How much would I be screwing myself over if I played Monk without a weapon and tried progressing through the game? the fist weapons look tacky and I was content being weaponless.

I'm a level 77 RUN typically but I'm trying out other jobs and different world servers, ya know, different save files.

I read up online that it says the weapons add damage/delay and dont affect your normal damage/delay, and stuff like Utsutsemi from Ninja is beneficial but does that turn my 480 attack delay to 240 or does it just affect the weapon you're carrying?

I was planning on having Monk, Thief, Ninja and Samurai, and maybe even Black Mage interchangeably on this new save file.

(0)

Character
    Lenresa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    You can use no weapon if you so chose. Not optimal, but tbh trust do all the work anyway. Your lack of damage input until 99 is moot. So it really depends on your goal. Lack of a weapon matters very little, but it will indeed hamper the miniscule amount of damage you do further.

You can also pick up a basic weapon, like a tropical punches, they're not too tacky, and lockstyle them. Then you can equip the absolute fashionable garbage and not have to look at it.
    (1)

Ok Thank you very much Leny, As long as I know it can be doable for the most part with the support of Trusts being the DPS then I'm not too worried. with a sub job I could potentially just tank better as a meatshield then. I was more so worried if this was as bad as Playing Paladin on XIV without a shield. I'll keep the weapons in mind if I ever use this file for a group with people.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I just want to be sure you understand you don't need different "save files" to play different jobs. You know this, right?

Just a sanity check- you did mention logging onto different servers, so you probably are fully aware of this, but I felt the need to be sure.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 02-19-2021 at 12:05 PM.