Character
    Chera
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Enfranchised characters should not be subjected to the weekly Sparks/UA cap

A character in possession of, for example, the Golden Shovel Cordon should not be subjected to the weekly rewards cap for sparks/UA. Clearly such a character is not operating for RMT purposes and an extremely prohibitive grind is quite a deterrent for future RMT accounts if they're looking at breaking the weekly limit. I'm fairly sure that new RMT characters wouldn't bother with a grind that long, even if it meant they'd get the ability to print gil. Just my opinion though, I think overall the weekly cap hurts more players than it helps and its implementation with being unable to spend post-cap resources on EX items just baffles me.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Slidelux View Post
    A character in possession of, for example, the Golden Shovel Cordon should not be subjected to the weekly rewards cap for sparks/UA. Clearly such a character is not operating for RMT purposes and an extremely prohibitive grind is quite a deterrent for future RMT accounts if they're looking at breaking the weekly limit. I'm fairly sure that new RMT characters wouldn't bother with a grind that long, even if it meant they'd get the ability to print gil. Just my opinion though, I think overall the weekly cap hurts more players than it helps and its implementation with being unable to spend post-cap resources on EX items just baffles me.
    I agree that the cap is BS nonsense. However, whatever requirement you could come up with can be circumvented by RMT, which brings SE back to the original problem.

About the best requirement they can go with is requiring a minimum amount of playtime that is high enough that RMT wouldn't reach that number before being caught and banned. Even then it would just be a reduction, not a guarantee, as RMT would just get a batch of new characters, have them do nothing in game for however many hours it takes, and then start abusing them. Kinda like how whisky makers store away batches of whisky for years.
    (0)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I agree. The ability to make an Idris/Epeo (and 6 months+ of play) should remove the cap in my opinion.
    (0)

Character
    Hikarushi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Perhaps even better method, than using the idris/epeo/golden shovel condition (which has no direct relation to sparks system) to uncap sparks, would be to utilize the deeds of heroism system. Simply add a permanent key item to the deeds npc that uncaps sparks once specific amount of deeds is accumulated.

Since deeds of heroism are accumulated by clearing various monthly conditions, such as high-tier battlefields, this would both add a heavy time constrain to sparks unlock and also force potential RMTs to participate in popular activities, giving them further exposure. And thus increase the chances of them being caught.

There would still remain one issue though. Namely the value of characters that have unlocked unlimited sparks usage, compared to characters that have capped sparks limitation. Because let's face it, the ability to print several millions of gil daily with little to no effort is far more valuable than being capped to 1-2 million (sparks + accolades) per week. RMTs could simply start buying and selling these "uncapped" accounts to make profit. Which creates all sorts of account security risks.
    (0)

Character
    Lenresa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Or, stop feening for free gil. However, making things that aren't sellable uncapped, perfectly fine.

Capping sparks was the wrong thing. Capping the gil made from sparks was the right thing. Square always manages to screw up the simplest things.
    (1)
    Last edited by Leny; 02-14-2021 at 11:17 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Leny View Post
    Or, stop feening for free gil. However, making things that aren't sellable uncapped, perfectly fine.

Capping sparks was the wrong thing. Capping the gil made from sparks was the right thing. Square always manages to screw up the simplest things.
    But there's no way to distinguish gil obtained from sparks from gil obtained any other way. They're just regular items that can also be crafted or obtained as drops.
    (0)

Character
    Lenresa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    All that needs to happen is any gear pulled off the sparks npc has a modifier. A crafted Acheron Shield can be sold normally and a bought Acheron Shieldx can't. That simple.

Give a "good job you capped sparks here's a million gil" bonus, and make a 10 cap for chapters, unlimited capacity rings though (and fix those when you do it... they work for about 10 seconds, that needs updating) Solves all the problems. Make nothing sellable from the sparks, but simply award a million gil for capping.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Or just make the capacity rings rechargable/unlimited use and then tehre's not much point to making any other changes.

They can easily restrict features in the game to characters with XYZ playtime, various things have this limit. That seems like the simplest solution to me. Developing in software features to work around a problem they should just be addressing vias support staff jis just dumb to me, like people proposing in game fixes for people cloning oboro. Just ban the turd and its not a problem anymore. If they're not willign to do that for any sort of player-related problem, then I don't see them willing to implement a solution that actually requires development time.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 02-16-2021 at 01:52 PM.