Mofantasiy
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

Mission/Quest bugg WOTG: Fires of Discontent not triggering

Hello.

I have been sent here by GM Thylaeh.
    I am currently trying to progress in my Rhapsodies storyline. I have managed to get to the part where i have to do WOTG mission.

However i have encountered a bugg. For this story mission i had to select a city, mine was Bastok (S). I have managed to do the first 2 quests for that nation. And currently can do campaign ops and have the first 2 quests flagged as completed in my game. I also posses all the Key Items i was supposed to get.

Now comes the bugg: In order to accept Fires of Discontent i need to wait 1 game day and zone into the city. (That was 2 Reallife days aggo when i finished the previous quest) Then my guide tells me to speak to Engelbrecht in order to receive the quest named Fires of Discontent. However. This never happens. I speak to him he tells me the same over and over: Go visit aurelious on the next window...

So i did that, spoke to the npc, heard the explanation about campain ops and even did my frist campaign op. But when i go back to Engelbrecht, he doesnt give me Fires of Discontent quest.

Please help! I checked my Key items. I backtracked my previous quests and rezoned etc etc. I hope you can help!

Platform: PC
    ISP: KPN Netherlands
    Type of Internet Connection: Fiberglass connection
    Internet Connection Speed: 500mbit down 1gbit upload
    Date & Time: 09-feb-2021
    Frequency: Still ongoing
    Character Name: MoFantasiy
    Race: Hume Male
    World: Asura
    Main Job: WAR99
    Support Job: SAM50
    Area and Coordinates: Bastok Markets [S]
    Party or Solo: Solo
    NPC Name: Engelbrecht
    Quest Name: Fires of Discontent (Wing of the goddess Bastok Quest #3)
    Steps: Clearing Bastok[S] first 3 quests in order to continue Missions
    1. I did the first 2 quests for Bastok S. I have them marked in my Completed quests list
    2. I have waited more than 1 ingame day and zoned multiple times.
    3. I have backtracked ALL my steps for previous quests to make sure i have all key items and not missing anything.
    4. I have tried doing a Campaign Ops because the npc Engelbrecht keeps giving me a dialogue saying i had to report to the campaign Ops NPC, so to make sure i just did one of those.
    5. I am alligned to the Bastok-S city, i comfirmed this by being able to do campaign.
    6. I have tried speaking to the NPC that comes AFTER the quest is activated, sadly no results.
    7: bugg is still ongoing for me.
    (0)
    Last edited by MoFantasiy; 02-11-2021 at 07:30 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It's been a really long time since I've done any of that stuff, but I'm almost certain you are missing some requirement to proceed.

https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki..._of_Discontent
    I assume you have completed the mission "Back to the Beginning" and the Bastok nation quests The Fighting Fourth and The Better Part of Valor. and you have the Warning Letter key item (If you don't have this, you aren't done with the previous quest.)
    After speaking to Engelbrecht, did you try going on to the next step anyway and talking to Pagdako?

If you don't mind spoilers, you can go here https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki...t/Plot_Details and say if you've seen any of the dialogue listed here whatsoever.

As a side note. I strongly recommend completing all of the storyline missions before proceeding further with Rhapsodies. It will make things a lot easier.
    (0)

Character
    Mofantasiy
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I have allready tried everything you just mentioned. I have been following online guides from both FFXICLOPEDIa and Bluegartr wiki.

I am 100% Positive that this is a bugg. NOT my fault. I double checked and even back-tracked my pre-reqs. I posses all key items AND i also have signed up with Bastok(S) and allrdy did a campaign op (wont be able to do that unless you finish up the quests for bastok S)

So yeh as i told the GM before: I have checked EVERYTHING and 2 friends of mine also double checked it along on my livestream. This is NOT something i missed out on. Im not new to the game, just a new account. This is a bugg that needs fixing.

And as a side note: No i want to finish rhapsodies before i waste HOURS running arround in expansion zones from the old era. So plz just reset my WOTG missions or quests or whatever. I have been stuck for 3 days now unable to progress....with ppl telling me "you must have missed something"....kinda frustrating to keep hearing the same old thing...i checked....double checked....and have all KI and pre-reqs finished...
    (0)
    Last edited by MoFantasiy; 02-11-2021 at 07:30 PM.

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

Greetings!

It seems to me that you might have combined two NPCs into one at least in your post (Engelbrecht), though from the dialogue you mention you're probably speaking to Adelbrecht at (E-8), which would not be the half you want. You'd most likely really like to talk to Engelhart at (K-10).

If this isn't the case, let us know!

I do hope this helps!
    (4)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 02-11-2021 at 11:30 PM.
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Mofantasiy
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Hmm that is an interesting one. I will test it as soon as i get home lateron today thnx!

[EDIT] Got home and guess what, you were correct. I sincerely apologise for any inconvinience guys! and mucho gracias for all the help!! cant believe it was such a simple mistake of me...
    (1)
    Last edited by MoFantasiy; 02-12-2021 at 12:56 AM.

Nice detective work, Dragoy.
    (3)
    It's your server.