Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Character
    Kenshi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    The only bug report I posted was on 05/31/2019 https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/t...-Rage-messages

Almost 2 years and the issue is still there, I dunno what you consider "some time", but 2 years...

About providing more info, I can provide a lot more info, but I have seen ppl banned on forums for posting technical aspects of the game.

Taking 2 years (or more cause its still not fixed) to fix a issue is not acceptable, and that frustration is why I don't post (and won't post till they fix that one) other issues like nostos bats or apex bats being considered single entities so the messages read: "The Nostos bats hits..." (probably other monsters too but thats the ones i have seen) or the NMs in Odyssey having "The" on their names, when they should be proper noums.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenshi View Post
    The only bug report I posted was on 05/31/2019 https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/t...-Rage-messages

Almost 2 years and the issue is still there, I dunno what you consider "some time", but 2 years...

About providing more info, I can provide a lot more info, but I have seen ppl banned on forums for posting technical aspects of the game.

Taking 2 years (or more cause its still not fixed) to fix a issue is not acceptable, and that frustration is why I don't post (and won't post till they fix that one) other issues like nostos bats or apex bats being considered single entities so the messages read: "The Nostos bats hits..." (probably other monsters too but thats the ones i have seen) or the NMs in Odyssey having "The" on their names, when they should be proper noums.
    I'm simply referring to the people who go to the bug reports and post stuff like "Fix this thing i did bla and didn't work bla bla" instead of using the template and filling it out. If you don't carry out that step, they will simply reject it whether it's actually a bug or not. I.e. if you don't do it, you're not even getting to first base, let along getting all the way around the field.
    (0)

Character
    Hikarushi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Back on January, i was personally expecting Square Enix to notice this Gaol issue and fix it on January version update. However, it became soon apparent once update landed back then, that the issue has neither been fixed (lag remained the same) nor do they seem to be aware of the issue to begin with (nothing was mentioned on "known issues"). Soon after that i decided to go ahead and create account here on official forums in order to raise their awareness to this issue. And despite properly following all the guidelines related to posting bug report here on forums, this bug report was falsely shoved into "technical support" section of forums.

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/t...Gaol-area-only

If this was done in an attempt to imply that the issue is in any way related to technical issue on customer side. Then this kind of action would be extremely insulting way to treat paying customers. No different from tossing someone into the fat people group just for being a little chubby. Personally i just decided to shrug it off as technical issue on Square Enix side. They also never answered my questions regarding the status of this (now proven) technical issue on their end.

Despite several people posting different kind of bug reports related to this issue back on January. The issue was again neither acknowledged nor fixed on February version update. It wasn't until players, enraged by this lack of support, started contact Square Enix official Support Center and post tickets about this issue, that they seemed to finally become aware of this fault on server side.

Undeniable fact of the matter is, that handling of these official forum posted bug reports do leave much to be desired even if someone on their side do read them. And please note that i'm only counting the properly done, and filled according to given guidelines, bug reports here.
    (2)

Player
    I'm curious what the changes will be and if they can be used to address the lag in Dyna D for western players too.
    (0)

Character
    Vonima
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoji_Fujito View Post
    Hello,

I’d like to share some details regarding the severe lag some users have experienced due to increased communication load in the Odyssey areas, particularly in Sheol: Gaol.

After investigating these occurrences, we found that the communication load between Sheol: Gaol and the servers is higher than those of other content. Our results allowed us to track down the cause to some extent, so we’ll proceed with further examination and come up with a countermeasure to help reduce the load. This countermeasure is planned for implementation in the March version update.

We are still looking into cases of players being unable to access Sheol: Gaol in the first place, but it’s possible that the countermeasure may help alleviate this issue. If you are still experiencing these symptoms, we’d like to ask you to submit a bug report so we can further investigate.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and frustration these issues have caused.
    Thank you very much for this reply! Much appreciated.
    (2)

Character
    Kusare
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    lag issue in gaol seems resolved, thanks!
    (2)

Character
    Rokada
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    A quick test of just entering the Gaol lobby on a character that would always get 6 second lag and inventory would take over 7 minutes to load, is showing positive results this morning. Lag is gone in this simple test, /wave emote is almost instant and it took 38 seconds for the inventory circles to finish. Later I will test full 6 man party, but certainly I'm feeling far more positive this first attempt at a fix is good.

Please can you put something in the official patch notes thread more about this "countermeasure", rather than it hiding in this digest thread as a quick detail share. I for one would really like to know if the dynamis-D and Shoal A/B/C areas would also benefit from this countermeasure, and in fact that you can acknowledge there is a bad lag effect in these zones (and has been since the rank system was introduced). It perhaps only affects players outside of Japan, but a lot of us have been quietly putting up with it in the hope it would get fixed each and every month. In no other parts of the game do you get situations where you can run across the zone and a mob doesn't load for up to 5s, with the first you knowing about it is that you're almost dead from an invisible attacker. It makes a mockery of gear swapping in macros, and impossible to react to threats in the manner we've become skilled at.

The biggest fear I have currently is that further additions to the game (Empy+3 gear) will suffer the same kind of lag as Dyna-D/Shoal because SE just isn't aware of the issue, or willing to admit it. I have $25 dollars each month going into this game and I would like to know I'm investing my time in a game that will continue to be fun.
    (7)
    Last edited by Rokada; 03-10-2021 at 10:50 PM.

Character
    Baniak
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    It seems to be fixed completely. Thank you for listening SE!!
    (2)

Character
    Wotasu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    My Latency problem seems all gone thank you for whatever you did!
    (1)

Character
    Humeman
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 85
    Things tend to resolve smoothly when players voice a concern, and their concern is addressed. thank you.
    (1)

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast