Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

February 2021 FINAL FANTASY XI Digest

The latest FINAL FANTASY XI Digest is now available! The digest covers key features from the most recent version update. Check out the video, try the version update, and leave a feedback based on your experience of playing the new content.

• Please reply to this thread to leave your feedback.
    • Please only post feedback pertaining to the version update and digest video in this thread.
    • To better collect your feedback, we ask that you post one specific feedback per reply (of course you are allowed to post several replies!)
    • Before posting your feedback, check the thread to see if similar feedback was already mentioned and hit the “Like!” button instead of re-posting the same feedback.
    (8)

Character
    Cliche
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 75
    Amazing update.

The best part about this content (Odyssey) is it can't be Mercenary exploited, making players team up again. Please think of this for any future Content!
    (1)

Character
    Hikarushi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Absolutely nothing has been done (yet again) regarding the severe ffxi server data transfer delay experienced by abroad players, that makes Odyssey battle content Sheol: Gaol in particular, utterly unplayable. Why is this issue not even mentioned on current known issues?! Have you read the various bug reports and reported issues from western playerbase at all?!

And to emphasize the frustrating nature of this issue from player perspective regarding Sheol: Gaol...

JUST BECAUSE THE CONTENT WORKS AS INTENDED ON YOUR LOCAL COMPUTER THAT HAS ZERO LATENCY, DOES NOT MEAN IT WORKS AS INTENDED FOR ABROAD PLAYERS THAT HAVE SERVER ACCESS LATENCY TO CONSIDER. THERE IS IMMENSE DELAY ON EVERY ACTION THAT REQUIRES SERVER SIDE COMPUTING. PACKETS RECEIVED FROM SERVER ARE THROTTLED TO CONSTANT ~R3000 AND OVER, WHILE PACKETS SENT REMAIN AT STABLE S150-200 WHOLE RUN. ALL THIS EVEN WHILE IDLE AND DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WITHIN GAOL. ALL ACTIONS HAVE TO WAIT FOR THIS CONSTANT DATA STREAM SENT FROM SERVER TO FINISH LOADING BEFORE THEY EXECUTE. WHICH IS EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING.

Please rebuild the content to require less data transfer with ffxi server. Get rid of the unnecessary moogle inventory access within gaol if need be. Us players can manage without that easily if it makes the content finally playable.

As for positive feedback... the new items are really nice stat wise!
    (28)

Character
    Trig
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Maybe my early assessment is off or I'm missing something but I'm not farming segments for an hour to have a shot at a single nm that needs to be killed 30+ times. I like the grindiness of this game in general and many ideas behind the setup of the new content is intriguing... but farming 2-3 hrs for 3 moglo II ki's is too much.
    (5)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    The Update Gear is really interesting. It looks like alot of thought and care was put into it. Thank you!

However, the biggest problem with Odyssey is the Latency in Sheol Gaol. For everyone I play with the Receiving amount is always 2.4k ~3k in sheol Gaol. Go to other zones and there is not a problem, but in that zone it is REALLY bad. It makes the fights frustrating instead of fun. Its VERY difficult to make a skillchain or a magic burst because you cannot time it right from the latency. Its often hard to tell what is even happening in the fight. I think that I missed pressing the button because I dont' see a weaponskill actually happen for 5~10s AFTER I pushed my macro button. The latency is REALLY horrible.

I also suggest making it so moglophone can be stored up to 3x on the moogle, JUST like Omen.

Also, for odyssey, having 3x fights in a row and job lockouts is interesting. But there is no motivation to do it. Players will simply buy 1 moglophone II, kill 1 boss, and leave. If you can get augment reward bonus buy doing 3x fights there would be some motivation.

However, I still probably won't do it, because I cannot access my inventory to change gear for jobs. When I change jobs, I need to spend 10 minutes to swap gear from storage, mog safe, safe2, and locker to get the gear I need and put away what I don't need.

This makes swapping jobs in between battles very tedious. I would need more wardrobe space to play sheol gaol as intended.
    (22)
    Last edited by Xilk; 02-11-2021 at 02:24 AM.
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Ozaii
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I think that the gear released this month is fun and interesting as well as the way it was implemented albiet laggy but that's tolerable. I however do wonder why it was that drg was not on the heavy armor piece?

Considering that this is what drg lacks as a job. A good meva stp piece. However it is on the thf dnc blu bst piece. Which I am guessing its due to the pet stats. But the wyvern doesn't need as inflated stats as the bst. Where the master can really benefit from resisting an amnesia or paralyze, or a nuke aga from something like mt4 iroha. Unlike bst that can equip malignance in such fights and ignore most magic sources. Drg cannot.

Drg is now the only dd in the game to not have access to a good meva stp option at this time. And I personally believe that something should be changed or adjusted to help drg with this.
    (1)

Character
    Kusare
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I'd like to enjoy this Odyssey content but cannot because of the lag. Please don't dismiss it as a user problem. There are too many complaints to make it a coincidence.
    (19)

Character
    Titorinho
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I would like to echo the sentiments of NA and EU community about the lag detracting from our experience in Odyssey. The content is not enjoyable in its current state.
    (20)

Player
    The lag is terrible. It's not possible for some of us to even attempt higher Vengeance+ difficulties until this is fixed, because players do not see any actions for several seconds after it has been performed on the server side. It would be a waste of segments, which already is hard to accumulate daily. This makes it near impossible for mages to support their team, and tanks have a hard time keeping the monster's attention due to not seeing hate-reset moves until it is too late. This needs to be of the highest priority if you expect people to support Odyssey for the year. It isn't nearly in Sheol ABC, but it's significantly worse than Dynamis-Divergence. Please address this as soon as possible.
    (20)

Character
    Aurone
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    The lag is absolutely horrible in Sheol: Gaol and therefore unplayable. I know a lot of people that experience the same.
    Please make an effort to fix this issue or it will likely make a lot of new and veteran players quit the game if this is the quality of new content we can expect.

If it wasn't for the extreme lag, the idea of Sheol: Gaol is a very interesting one. A bonus for doing 3 NM without exiting Sheol: Gaol should be applied though.
    (23)

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast