Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Ping and Tracert commands sadly won't be much help when it comes to troubleshooting this particular issue, as there is nothing wrong with Client to Server connection. Most these can do is allow SE to ping player machines on their end in order to investigate connectivity issues.
    It can certainly be an issue on the end of the server that handles Odyssey specifically. You really can't rule anything out, anything network related you should always, always do these things no matter how sure you might be that it isn't the problem. There's no valid reason NOT to do it, even though it is *almost* certainly a processing issue on the server and probably not a networking issue. A whole bunch of people submitting completely normal ping and traceroute results should clue them in to this assuming that's the case. So understand that even though the problem probably isn't a connection issue, submitting the data will still push them in the right direction.

As for the post above, the quote contains an EU site URL, and they refer to the "Square Enix Support Centre," which uses the EU spelling of what in US English would be "Center." I don't see the bug here.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 02-26-2021 at 10:41 AM.

Character
    Kenshi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    As for the post above, the quote contains an EU site URL, and they refer to the "Square Enix Support Centre," which uses the EU spelling of what in US English would be "Center." I don't see the bug here.
    Exactly, I used the EU site and I got a automated reply from EU but a tech support reply from NA, you didn't checked the tech response, I'll quote it:

From the information you have provided, we have identified that the account in question is a European account. Unfortunately, you have reached the North American SQUARE ENIX Support Center, and we cannot assist with European accounts.
    (1)

Player
    All they need to do is remove or alter the trust lockout system, they are sending too much data up and down the very limited pipe and when you addon lag due to distance from server and anti cheat checks it's overloading the limited bandwidth the XI server is allowed to deal with. The server is capped at 56k, no matter how good your ISP connection is.

I sat in Gaol and called every trust to lock them all out, and when my trust magic list had no trusts I had no lag.
    (1)

Character
    Hikarushi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Bugged trust system in Gaol certainly appears to play large role in what is causing the annoying input lag. Giving access to every trust that party members possess would be handy and interesting feature, but makes no sense whatsoever from lore standpoint. As that specific player has yet to bond with said trust. They definitely screwed up something when they coded that "global trust list" into Gaol.

Another issue, that is definitely not helping the situation, is that they appear to send the "RP" data related to graphical RP meter in content like Dynamis Divergence, Odyssey: ABC (izzat meter is just recycled RP meter) and Odyssey: Gaol (probably recycled the system using same code but made the RP meter itself invisible) every freaking frame. In other words, they spam player with that single RP-related data 30 times a second (30 FPS)! Resulting in player always sitting on something like 2k+ receive even when they are standing idle during these events and doing nothing. They should have coded these systems much better and made it update once per second instead of every frame. Even the ffxi 3 second interval tick update cycle would be more than fine for game this old. This is the impression i got from reading various other forum posts and chatting with other people experiencing the same issue anyway.
    (2)

Hello,

I’d like to share some details regarding the severe lag some users have experienced due to increased communication load in the Odyssey areas, particularly in Sheol: Gaol.

After investigating these occurrences, we found that the communication load between Sheol: Gaol and the servers is higher than those of other content. Our results allowed us to track down the cause to some extent, so we’ll proceed with further examination and come up with a countermeasure to help reduce the load. This countermeasure is planned for implementation in the March version update.

We are still looking into cases of players being unable to access Sheol: Gaol in the first place, but it’s possible that the countermeasure may help alleviate this issue. If you are still experiencing these symptoms, we’d like to ask you to submit a bug report so we can further investigate.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and frustration these issues have caused.
    (19)
    FINALFANTASY XI Producer/Director Yoji Fujito

Player
    The issue with people not being able to access gaol in the first place is possibly just that they don't have 3 jobs to enter and the game doesn't tell them that's the problem.

Thanks for the response, it means a lot to players struggling with the issues (many that can't post here)
    (3)

Player
    Just want to take a moment to point out there is similar (but not as bad) lag in Dyna D and has been for many years.
    (7)

Character
    Hikarushi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Finally some hope!

This issue has indeed been extremely frustrating for countless players. And has even created a situation, where certain players that experience no lag, were able to advance further than other players within Sheol: Gaol content. Giving them unfair advantage over others when it comes to this particular battle content. As defeating the higher tier enemies under this heavy communication load was nigh impossible task. All because the various bug reports issued since the addition of Sheol: Gaol about this lag, even here on official forums where Square Enix support center recommends to post any issues, were left ignored and unanswered for several months straight.

Regarding this. I would like to ask the game team what official measures are being taken (if any), in order to ensure that legit bug reports and reported issues will not go unanswered for months in the future?
    (1)

Greetings Tsukihika!

Thank you for your feedback and for sharing your concerns!

In response to your concern regarding bug reports, please rest assured that we do not ignore bug reports and they’re handled as they are received. Also, it may take some time for investigations to complete and depending on the bug/case, it may require some additional time before a solution can be found.

When we receive a bug report, they are moved to the appropriate category based on the report. If the report was moved to the insufficient information category, we ask that you please check your information and re-submit a detailed bug report using the template we supply.

For your convenience, the template and information on each of the bug report categories can be found here: https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/t...n-Game-Bugs%21

We sincerely thank you for your patience and understanding with this matter. Please keep an eye out on playonline.com and the official forums for any future updates.

-SQUARE ENIX MODERATOR
    (5)
    Last edited by Qeepel; 03-05-2021 at 07:24 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    we ask that you please check your information and re-submit a detailed bug report using the template we supply.
    If only people actually followed instructions...

Remember guys, you need to provide all the information. Even if you think it's not relevant. The people behind the game can make that call. Whenever you're investigating any kind of issue, whether it's an NPC not acting right or the graphics bugging out or a quest not working, the cause could be literally anywhere. It could be a network issue, isp issue, gpu issue, whatever, no matter how much you think it couldn't possibly be. Always fill out the reports completely and don't leave snide remarks like "Not telling" or "none of your concern" unless you enjoy having your reports rejected.

I have worked in game dev QA, and in particular dealt with user bug reports. I've seen and heard everything under the sun, so trust me when I tell you, if you can't put the proper care and attention into a bug report you can't expect the dev team to be able to do anything with it.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 03-05-2021 at 07:56 AM.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast