Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    Player
    I didn't receive any lag today attempting Gaol content. Thank you for implementing the fix!
    (1)

Character
    Lenresa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I can appreciate everyone is happy they finally fixed it, just don't forget that it took them months to do so. It should have been resolved in hours or at most days.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Leny View Post
    I can appreciate everyone is happy they finally fixed it, just don't forget that it took them months to do so. It should have been resolved in hours or at most days.
    Clearly you don't understand software development.

Even if they identified the problem within 5 minutes of it being first reported, it can take a lot more than "hours or at most days" to fix them. But usually, identifying the exact cause of a problem takes a lot longer than that, regardless of the team behind it. This wasn't likely a simple fix like a text error or typo in a script.

Do I think it took longer than it should have? Yes. But your demanded time frame is unreasonable and unrealistic.
    (2)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 03-11-2021 at 09:04 AM.

Character
    Lenresa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    They didn't care enough to listen for over a month, so no, complaint is completely valid.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Leny View Post
    They didn't care enough to listen for over a month, so no, complaint is completely valid.
    Your proof that they weren't actually aware of the issue or investigating it in any way is....?

Just because they don't make a post doesn't mean nobody inside has heard of it or bothered to check.

Further, I didn't say the complaint was invalid, rather I said that your expectation of a fix within your specified timeframe isn't.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 03-11-2021 at 11:11 AM.

Character
    Hikarushi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Your proof that they weren't actually aware of the issue or investigating it in any way is....?

Just because they don't make a post doesn't mean nobody inside has heard of it or bothered to check.

Further, I didn't say the complaint was invalid, rather I said that your expectation of a fix within your specified timeframe isn't.
    We don't have any proof right now that they were aware of the issue from day one either though. Neither did they release any information about this issue since the release of gaol, despite player community openly talking about the issue even here on official forums. Far as we know right now, they only became aware of the issue after us players raised a proper fuss last month by posting support tickets into SE Support Center. And since that is the only information right now that we can utilize, unless SE official claims otherwise, white knighting their lack of service to customers will do nothing but harm to the ffxi player community. There is nothing wrong with demanding adequate service as paying customer.

As a software developer myself, and taking all the variables into account that we know about the issue now, this particular issue was certainly something very easy to fix in game code. Especially when we consider that clicking the veridical conflux present within gaol completely suppressed lag while you stayed on that menu. Which i myself even personally reported their way on several occasions. This was especially frustrating issue because us players were able to pinpoint the possible cause, without having even seen the game code itself, but none of us were able to do anything on our end, short of informing SE where this issue lies.

This was already requested before, but please release the technical details what exactly was wrong and caused this awful gaol lag. So we can better troubleshoot such issues in future if any arises.

Also, please investigate similar communication load related to Odyssey A, B and C zones, as well as Dynamis Divergence, as these battle contents have very similar pointless communication load happening that directly impacts player experience of the content.
    (1)

Character
    Kenshi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Gaol lag is fixed but like Tsukihika said, the lag is still present in Dyna D (I have not tested other Odyssey zones still).
    (4)

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10