Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I like both XI and XIV. My friends from XIV have said a similar thing. They are happy XI does what it does well they do not like the outdated engine. They don't wanna talk about it even one of them has bought a copy. I know a bunch of players on a private server also play XIV.

Let's please stop that nonsense.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    I like both XI and XIV. My friends from XIV have said a similar thing. They are happy XI does what it does well they do not like the outdated engine. They don't wanna talk about it even one of them has bought a copy. I know a bunch of players on a private server also play XIV.

Let's please stop that nonsense.
    Honestly, while XI looks dated to a degree I think it has aged well and certainly looks good for the time it was created in.
    (1)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I respect everyone's opinion.

Back in between 2012-2013, FFXI veterans had a kind of hope that XIV would be like FFXI 2.0. SE actually changed it to more a WoW clone theme park. I can understand why we are perma-banned from the official FFXIV forum. Even if they shut down this official forum then my account is worthless for good.

For the time being, FFXI has borrowed a lot of helpful features from FFXIV to make it better due to the QoL. More RMTs and bots born. Honestly, Asura never needed the trust system in the first place I guess which is why we need more new content to avoid problems and look more to team up. I am playing either one of the two MMOs I am currently a member in an endgame linkshell I play with once or twice a week then spend more of my time in FFXIV.
    (0)

Greetings and salutations adventurers,

Thank you for all the feedback you've provided on the latency being experienced in the Sheol: Gaol thus far.
    We understand that the responsiveness and stability are very important when enjoying this new content.

We would like to request that players who are experiencing any sort of latency issues in Sheol: Gaol to follow the instructions within the thread How to Report Lag in Sheol: Gaol in our Technical Support section.

We greatly appreciate your assistance!
    Thanks,
    (6)
    Danielle "Okieeomi" Grafft - Community Team

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Okieeomi View Post

Thank you for all the feedback you've provided on the latency being experienced in the Sheol: Gaol thus far.
    We understand that the responsiveness and stability are very important when enjoying this new content.

We would like to request that players who are experiencing any sort of latency issues in Sheol: Gaol to follow the instructions within the thread How to Report Lag in Sheol: Gaol in our Technical Support section.

Thanks,
    Thank you so much for acknowledging our issue. I've followed your instructions on submitting a report via Technical Support, but myself and others are experiencing an issue there as well. Upon filling out all the required and non-required boxes and hitting submit, we are returned back to the page with an error stating that not all boxes have been filled out. I have attempted this multiple times myself and have read posts from others with the same problem. Is there an alternate method to increasing the visibility of the Gaol lag, or a possible fix for the Technical Support submission page?
    (3)

Greetings Ollarud,

Quote Originally Posted by Ollarud View Post
    Thank you so much for acknowledging our issue. I've followed your instructions on submitting a report via Technical Support, but myself and others are experiencing an issue there as well. Upon filling out all the required and non-required boxes and hitting submit, we are returned back to the page with an error stating that not all boxes have been filled out. I have attempted this multiple times myself and have read posts from others with the same problem. Is there an alternate method to increasing the visibility of the Gaol lag, or a possible fix for the Technical Support submission page?
    We apologize for the inconvenience. We looked over the form and believe it should be working now. I'm sorry for the trouble but can we ask you to please try submitting the report again?

Thank you!
    (6)

Character
    Hikarushi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Ping and Tracert commands sadly won't be much help when it comes to troubleshooting this particular issue, as there is nothing wrong with Client to Server connection. Most these can do is allow SE to ping player machines on their end in order to investigate connectivity issues.

All player commands do reach server without issue. This can be proven by comparing player who experiences input lag and player that has no input lag whatsoever. Player that experiences no lag will see all actions used by "lagging" player immediately and without any delay. Because server successfully sends this data to player that does not lag. However this is not the experience for player that has input lag within Gaol, as something in Server to Client connection errors out and spams this player with endless amount of unnecessary data. Causing actions sent to server wait in queue before they are sent back to players. Which "lagging" player experiences as 10 second wait time before anything happens.

Some people on the Japanese side of forums mentioned the possibility of some Windows service interfering with Server to Client game data transfer. And ffxi server thus throwing error due to unsuccessful data transfer, and spamming player with same data over and over. Perhaps this is something worth investigating as well? Despite however disabling and enabling various network related windows services on my own end, these have not affected the Server to Client connection at all.

It would be extremely useful if Square Enix released us more technical information to work with, as something certainly and without any doubt, errors out in Server to Client data transfer, which is the root cause of this whole Gaol input lag.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Okieeomi View Post

Thanks,
    Thank you for looking into this and passing it onto the developers for us.
    (3)

Character
    Paimeii
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    It would be great is Sheol: Gaol would be fixed before there are any "updates". The matter has been put to your attention well over a month ago and yet, nothing has been done. But lets face it; this is party of a much, MUCH bigger problem when it comes to creating the game properly and this "problem".
    For all the European players I've ever talked to in FFXI

- Most of the players, NPC's and monsters never loaded in besieged
    - Dynamis always lags like hell due to the high number of players/monsters. Stuff literally warps over your screen (And its not my optic fiber with ping 240 to Japan, not my insanely good PC playing a 18 year old game...)
    - Domain Invasion: Mireu never(rarely) loads in if you are not there when it pops. If you arrive like 20, maybe 30 players will load and you'll never get to see the monster.

All of these problem are caused by exactly the same incompetence. Packets from the server are constantly throttled, and it makes the game unplayable when to much information is being sent. It's 2021 and it is about time that you lot upgraded your servers and programming to match the current times. So far you've been stuck in the year of release. You've given up console support years ago too so what are you waiting for really? Other than either not wanting to make the investment or pure laziness? Most of us having been paying you monthly for close to 18 years so surely, we can get more than R3000 in this day and age.
    (4)

Character
    Kenshi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    So I got a reply , and as I expected they send the error is on the players end, indeed they seem to don't know there are problem in sheol gaol (and instanced content in general) and send a standard conection issues reply:
    Greetings,

The issue you are describing is most associated with interference with the game data. Errors 3113, 3100, 4001, or 1160 may occur as a result. Most of the time, it results from certain security/privacy changes on Internet Explorer. Other times, it occurs when an application running in the background causes interference, such as anti-virus software, firewalls, media players, web browsers, communications software, etc.

Please make sure all background applications (including anti-virus programs such as Norton, Kaspersky, Windows Defender, etc.) have been disabled and/or closed to minimize game interference before attempting to log in.

Once your PC has been restarted, Right-Click the FFXI launcher icon once more and select “Run as Administrator.” This option can also be set permanently by Right-Clicking on the FFXI launcher icon, selecting Properties, then under the Compatibility tab, check the box that says “Run this program as an administrator” and clicking OK.

If the suggestions provided above do not resolve the issue, there may be a communication error.

If you are receiving the error FFXI - 3113 - Protocol Timeout Error, ensure that Client for Microsoft Networks is installed in your Windows network properties. If it is installed, you may want to try uninstalling and reinstalling it.

Check the following Port Ranges on your router/modem to ensure that the following Port Ranges have been opened/forwarded/triggered:

TCP: 25, 80, 110, 443 and 50000 - 65535
    UDP: 53 and 50000 - 65535

*You may learn how to do this by visiting http://www.portforward.com/
    Find your specific router's brand and model number from the 'List of Routers' and you will be provided a step-by-step guide on how to access these port settings.
    Otherwise, your ISP may forward these ports for you.*

If you have properly configured your router, and you are still experiencing these issues, our next suggestion is to bypass the router, and connect your computer directly to your modem. Please ensure that you power down both the modem and the computer for at least five minutes before attempting to connect to FINAL FANTASY XI.

Note that Proxy servers and satellite connections do not work correctly with FINAL FANTASY XI.

If you continue to receive these same errors when you are connected directly to the modem, then the problem lies with your ISP. We would recommend contacting your provider and advising them that one or more of the ports previously provided to you are being blocked or filtered, and that you do need access on these ports.

From the information you have provided, we have identified that the account in question is a European account. Unfortunately, you have reached the North American SQUARE ENIX Support Center, and we cannot assist with European accounts.

If the provided trouble shooting does not provide enough assistance, please contact the European SQUARE ENIX Support Center through this link: http://support.eu.square-enix.com/index.php

We hope they will be able to assist you with the account once you reach their support. Please take care.
    but wait the bugs doesn't end here, I sent it in the EU support page and it got sent to NA!!! Thats the e-mail I got after sending the report:
    Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Centre.

This email has been sent to notify you that your ticket was received properly. We appreciate your patience and apologise for the delay in responding to your ticket directly.

If your issue has already been resolved and you are no longer in need of support, the URL below will provide you with a "Cancel Ticket" option to close your open ticket.

https://support.eu.square-enix.com/i...d654-9432112-2

Please be advised that any e-mails sent to this address will not be answered.
    As you can see the ticket url is EU, but I got a NA response.
    If the issue is already frustrating, dealing with the support center is even more frustrating and this is goin to lead to players unsuscribe from the game.
    (1)

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast