Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Eternalking
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Thank you SE for making Odyssey. It does indeed have potential and brings something challenging for players to team up and work together.

Having said that, I think there are 3 main priorities that should be taken into consideration, should you want players to continue doing Odyssey and they are:

1) Sheol: Gaol has an obnoxious lag to the extent of 10-20 secs delay; for that reason, it is hard to clear it especially if you want to do +15 vengeance - Honestly, this should be the #1 priority to fix. (Playing from the Middle East with stable 700Mbps)
    2) Pretty sure some players can't log everyday due to work or real-life commitments. Why can't we store 3 KIs like Omen? is it an issue because you think players will farm the content quickly? if so, farming segments is super time consuming and takes a great deal of efforts, especially if you want to max augment those items..
    3) I think its better to reduce the amount of segments for KI, 3k is too much honestly, ~2k should be very fair.

Lastly, thank you.. really looking forward to Odyssey as it seems to be super fun. But please fix these bugs ; ; or just try to play it from a western server and test it yourself.
    (12)

Character
    Yubers
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Gaol is unplayable content due to lag. For a company like SE to ignore this and think it's ok to leave it like this is unbelievable
    (13)

Character
    Ewa
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Concept is great, but its unplayable with current lag. PLEASE fix it and dont ignore EU/NA players!
    (13)

Character
    Havelock
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Great update, but I can't play because the lag is huge in Gaol. Im having same issues as other people reporting in this thread. Please prioritize this!
    (11)

Character
    Cherrywine
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Hello!

I have a slightly off topic request, but would it be possible to add Mog Segments as an option for Copper Voucher currency exchanges?
    That would be so wonderful and help newer players that are returning/trying FFXI for the first time get a jump start on the new Odyssey content via Deed rewards.
    (1)

Character
    Xelltrix
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    This issue also needs to be addressed in Dynamis as well as Sheol and Gaol. Sometimes it even occurs in Omen, though that is at least more uncommon.
    (5)

Character
    Rokada
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

Lag issues means new content is worthless to me

Please put resources into reproducing and verifying the unacceptable lag that has blighted new content ever since Dyna-D (specifically when you added the rank meters for R15-25 gear).

This seems to be an SE server side issue, whether it's processing power, network throttling or just too much trying to happen at once.

Dyna-D lag: 1-2s at least on every run
    Odyssea A/B/C lag: 1-2s at least on every run, can be worse
    Odyssey Gaol lag: 1-2s lag for some characters, 6s or worse for many others

In Gaol I can reproduce constantly a 1-2s lag for 1 of my paid accounts, whereas I get constant 6s lag on my other account. On the very same computer (full logout and log back in as other char). This is not a client side issue.

My suspicion is something in the code for keeping track of Rank item progress is the issue in Dynamis D (since that's exactly when the issue started for me). For Odyssey and Gaol I have no idea what it is you're doing that's so different from the rest of the game that causes constant network response latency, meaning some actions are not displayed on the client or shown in the log at all.

Please investigate as a top priority. I would be happy to help in any way I can.
    (12)

Character
    Trig
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

feedback and priorities

So the new content and gear is very interesting. I see the feedback on playstyle/gear design for BST has been put into action. Much appreciated.

I really do look forward to playing it but the following two issues really need higher prioritization than recently mentioned in the Q&A:

Gear inventory / lag:
    Given that gearing multiple jobs is essential to Odyssey gameplay, we really need to have job-specific inventories (like 40 slots each) that only load when playing that job . This would allow people to properly gear job (or continue gearing more once they are not paralyzed by inventory restrictions) and reduce full inventory load between each zone. And hopefully help address lag issues overall. Given I know nothing of the technical side of this game, I appreciate that it might be a difficult feat to program but I think its essential to the survival of the game.

Gaol access:
    3000 segments is too much. I'm really hoping this is something you will adjust sooner than later. My well-geared character can only farm 1000-1500 per 30 min... so I require 3hrs of farming for one 3-boss run. This is too much time sink. In omen, you get the same effect on piecing out content by just having access gated over time. Please reduce the requirement, introduce new ways to gain segments, or do something to make it palatable to normal players who can't dedicate so much time to the grind. ***Farming 3 hours over 6 earth days to participate in 45 min of new content suuuuuuuucks.***

I trust the lag issues that are drawing so many complaints will be resolved asap and are just attributed to growing pains. To me, the above two issues are the next most important, ahead of job rebalancing. Maybe you intentionally put the price of entry high so you could address the lag issues while giving everyone a bit of access? That would make sense. Good luck smoothing it out, always thankful that this game is still being supported. Nothing else out there like it.
    (5)
    Last edited by RandomCanadian; 02-13-2021 at 06:54 AM.

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Please correct the latency/lag issues in Odyssey.
    (6)

Character
    Merlin
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Odyssey Lag/Delay

Unable to play Odyssey due to the lag/communication problems with server.
    (6)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast