Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Zegreiart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Great video. Thank you for sharing some insight with us. I'm looking forward to learning more about the job updates and am hopeful that the job changes herald in a new dawn for XI.
    (2)

Player
    Thank you for taking the time to answer some questions for us!
    (1)

Character
    Paimeii
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    As much as secret recipes excite me. And they do. You've 'somehow' managed to not answer a single relevant question, if any question at all. With the exception maybe of revealing that all jobs will be 'updated' in a single patch.

Here I was looking forward to hearing how you were going to (re)balance the game because currently magic, skillchains and ranged attacks are seemingly irrelevant when you consider that every job that can equip Naegling can top any parse by just spamming savage blade with it. The game is in dire need of slowing down melee TP gain by a lot, there are other games that do the spam 1 skill to kill more or less everything much better and it would be a waste to keep FFXI in its current state trying to compete with those.
    (6)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It does feel like these questions were "cherry picked" to get the promised and demanded Q&A Digest
    I mean, they made that pretty clear in the first couple of questiones where they basically said they lumped a bunch of questions together into one. There isn't anything wrong with this. I'd rather them pick out questions they can give a meaningful answer to. Which they mostly did, except for the story question where they basically only said "we can't talk about that."

As much as secret recipes excite me. And they do. You've 'somehow' managed to not answer a single relevant question, if any question at all. With the exception maybe of revealing that all jobs will be 'updated' in a single patch.
    I kind of dispute this. they did discuss how they have specific plans to release the reforged empyrean gear, and it's tied into the full spectrum job adjustments. Which alsos means that the empyrean upgrades probably will be modifying whatever things that get changed or added for each job when that happens. It's kind of a wishy-washy answer, yeah, but it's not meaningless.

Frankly I'd argue that this Q &A is better than most of the ones they've ever done, even if that isn't saying a whole lot.
    (0)

Character
    Darcain
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Darn my question wasn't one of the 6 they answered. Maybe I'd have better luck winning the Bonanza.
    (0)

Character
    Keagan
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    lol "This year or later" so "Between now and never"
    (0)

Character
    Keagan
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmr View Post

Here I was looking forward to hearing how you were going to (re)balance the game because currently magic, skillchains and ranged attacks are seemingly irrelevant when you consider that every job that can equip Naegling can top any parse by just spamming savage blade with it. The game is in dire need of slowing down melee TP gain by a lot, there are other games that do the spam 1 skill to kill more or less everything much better and it would be a waste to keep FFXI in its current state trying to compete with those.
    The real problem, IMO, is the solution for every hard fight is "AF/AC" and the fact that so few people know how to SC anyhow. i am a big fan of Leaden > Mordant > Torcleaver > Leaden > Wildfire personally.
    however, the job overhaul is exciting
    (0)

Player
    I fully agree with this. As a Mastered WAR with +3 reforged AF and relic, Warrior beads +2 and an ReMA great axe, I find that the output in damage with our key weapon skills like Upheaval and Ukko’s Fury falls far short of even what I have seen from well geared DRG using Stardiver or SAM using Tachi: Fudo. Most of my gear is best-in-slot and yet, I found myself doing between 10,000 and 24,000 damage on average in the same fight as a Samurai spamming 30,000-40,000 damage weapon skills and the DRG doing 34,000 fairly consistently. I also occasionally break 30,000 and even 40,000 with some weapon skills but even with very high accuracy I have never been able to consistently do those higher end numbers with great axe no matter how much STR, VIT, attack, accuracy or weapon skill damage + I add.

For contrast, on my mastered COR I can, with only a Doomsday as my gun and Naegling in main hand, very consistently put out over 20,000 damage at 1,000 TP against anything not resistant to darkness, and my record on an Apex mob so far is a 57,000 damage Leaden Salute - this is with only trusts and no geomancer in my party. The fact that I can directly compete with my WAR’s great axe weapon skill damage on a hybrid support job like COR really reveals how much Great Axe weaponskills need a buff akin to what Savage Blade got.

True, having a 100% double attack build and a five hit setup means I can spam weaponskills every few seconds on WAR and create many self-light skill chains ...BUT so can literally any other 2H weapon user with a good TP set- my DRK, DRG and SAM are all 99 and all can self-skillchain easily, too. In fact, I can even create a powerful darkness self-skillchain on my COR and can only imagine what it can do when I finish my death penalty. My WAR still does more DPS, yes, but considering the numbers I can hit with other 2H weapons like Great Katana, Great Sword and Polearm, it is obvious that upheaval and Ukko’s Fury badly need to be placed on the level of other, better weaponskills.

Any great axe user knows this pain. We love our weapon but it really suffers from a lack of strong closing weaponskills.

While on the subject, I think it is also time to buff relic/empyrian/aeonic/mythic weaponskills for great axe - especially Metatron Torment, which could really use a buff (or at least make it more useful by allowing us to drain hp with the weapon skill instead of the regen effect, which in current endgame is pretty useless in keeping us alive) and of course Ukko’s Fury and the terrible upheaval- unless someone has an R15 Aeonic, even at 5/5 merits it is underwhelming without mighty strikes.

Nobody is asking that WAR be king of all damage dealers. We just want Great Axe weaponskills that are not so underwhelming compared to other options. As it stands, there is an imbalance between two-handed weapons and their weaponskills and great axe is suffering the most from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezey View Post
    War great axe needs to be buffed. I am a really good player with war and I notice war shines really well with all other weapons that is possible but the great axe. It lacks the proper weapon skill damage that a great axe is supposed to put out. UKKO's FURRY REALLY REALLY needs to be un nerfed or readjusted more. Other Main jobs like DRK and defiantly MNK's main weapon is producing high numbers but war's great axe weapon skill damage is trash. PLEASE for the love of god ! Buff great axe weapon skill damage or weapon skill properties in some way shape or form thank you !
    (0)

Player
    As for job adjustments...BST is a shell of what it used to be in light of the existence of trusts and the nerf made to the distance at which you can use pet commands. I never use my BST anymore for this reason- anything I can do on BST I can do BETTER on another job. The damage output will never compete with the top DD’s. It cannot tank particularly well with jug pets. Charm is pointless in the most common endgame zones. It’s strength in the past was in using pets while standing back to avoid damaging AoE attacks, but when you made the command distance so small, you took that away, forcing us to run in close to use pet food or a move, which can often result in getting destroyed by an AoE on stronger enemies or caught with petrification or paralyze At exactly the wrong time.

So, BST has no real place anymore. I can stay far away on SMN and still use pet commands. I can do more damage on many other jobs and trusts kind of make pets almost useless as tanks now. What’s the point in BST then? This is why you rarely see anyone playing as BST anymore.

And yes, again...please change the regen effect on metatron torment to a % based drain or something more useful. 15 hp every 3 seconds simply is not enough to help on anything higher level than 119. Maybe if you made it 50 hp/tick, but at 15, it does not increase survivability much at all. The weaponskill itself also needs a better damage modifier.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Keagan View Post
    The real problem, IMO, is the solution for every hard fight is "AF/AC" and the fact that so few people know how to SC anyhow. i am a big fan of Leaden > Mordant > Torcleaver > Leaden > Wildfire personally.
    however, the job overhaul is exciting
    The only thing people AF/AC are aeonic helms and they arent really hard, everything else is a huge Melee zerg, blood pacts got an un needed nerf and now you cant even apogee anything with out a 90% dmg penalty or play with other smn's ,yet its ok to melee zerg everything. If anything Cor and bard and naegling need nerfed and elemental magic needs buffed.
    (0)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast